Black Metal songs better than Burzum - Det Som en Gang Var

Deathspell Omega - The Suicide Curse.
Abyssic Hate - Depression(Part I)
Moonblood - And Snow Covered the Lifeless Bodies
Nokturnal Mortum - Perun's Celestial Silver(NeChrist version)
Kataxu - Roots Thunder
Gontyna Kry - Osamotnienie
Blut Aus Nord - Procession Of The Dead Clowns(Highly recommended)
Blut Aus Nord - The Day of Revenge.

These are all superior. In my opinion.

Emperor - Pretty much everything they've made. "Towards The Pantheon" and "The Majesty Of The Nightsky" and the first version of "I Am The Black Wizards" are current favourites.

Enslaved - Midgards Eldar, Heimdallr, Vetranott, Svarte Vidder, Fenris

Arcturus - Du Nordavind

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst, Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen

And lots of others. I'm not too keen on Burzum.

There aren't many, I'd say that there are a few I prefer but none which capture the same perfect of mixture of melody, atmosphere and darkness. But the rest of that album isn't as good, Det Som Engang Var itself (the album) is better IMHO. Some Graveland and Summoning songs have more interesting music but lack the production/atmosphere which makes DSEV so great.

Actually, I agree with that. I'm hardly a black metal expert, but the stuff I prefer is more experimental and not as "cV1T" or "tr00" as Burzum.

Perhaps a song or two off Darkthrone's Blaze In The Northern Sky, but the riffs are very punk/thrash oriented and missing the atmospheric melody of Det Som Engang Var.

Good song...

Fine. I'll say it. And Oceans - Odious and Devious. Melodic, heavy, awesome blasting...it actually makes you feel like a dozen buckets of ice water are being poured over your head. It's just the electronica that makes it sound more industrialized than "gr1m." And the production is really good.

Are there any better? Probably not. Are there songs that are as good in their own way? Sure:

Graveland "Blood of Christians on My Sword"

Summoning- "Nightshade Forests"

Abigor "Scars in the Landscape of God"

Necromantia "De Magia Veterum"

Hades- "Alone Walkyng"

Hellhammer- "The Triumph of Death"

Not many.. But Mayhem "Funeral Fog" and Mütiilation "Magical Shadows Of A Tragic Past" at least.. as well as Darkthrone's "Transilvanian Hunger".
I guess that's it, Det Som En Gang Var is really really really great..

Planetary Eulogy said:
Are there any better? Probably not. Are there songs that are as good in their own way? Sure:

Graveland "Blood of Christians on My Sword"

Summoning- "Nightshade Forests"
Ahh yes, those two songs are easily the best of the two bands. I've been meaning to ask you, what are your thoughts on Averse Sefira?