I'm listening to Burzum hildskjalf

he is true though sculpted cold. Some people hate it because it doesn't sound like the same burzum albums 5 years ago. I almost did when i sampled each song but then i thought minds well check it out, some of it sounded interesting so i listened to more and fell in love with it...only dissapointing one is the third track(i think that's the one) which i didn't like much, but the rest is flat out brilliant from beginning to end!

I'll stick it on anytime and the power of it by itself is enough to put me into the mood it needs to be listened-to from, if you get what I mean, hehe.

Hijdjhksjalkf is probably my favourite Burzum album.

I think Burzum is one of the most pointless band I have ever heard. I really can't see how a dude writing such music should be called a genius... Could you guys just explain what you find interesting in this music?

While I haven't heard the album, I think your first post is incredibly lacking. You say the album is genius and that's it, you offer absolutely nothing to back up your claims, stuff that would inspire me to go hear this album as soon as I could.

Raumien said:
While I haven't heard the album, I think your first post is incredibly lacking. You say the album is genius and that's it, you offer absolutely nothing to back up your claims, stuff that would inspire me to go hear this album as soon as I could.
Basically I think Burzum's music personifies what it means to be a human more then anything else I've ever heard. His music represents the battles I go through every day. It’s the battle to be strong and powerful, be in touch with nature, find the human essence- despite the all the barriers that are in the way. Its about accepting the fear that lives inside you, and about seeing that you are often powerless in life. These are the feelings Burzum personifies. Its the battle to be strong while staring directly at your fear and knowing its there. Take the album Filosofem for example. The first three tracks are strong, powerful and sinister. The forth track is dark, sorrowful and full of despair. The fifth track is reflective and becomes full of more and more wonder as it goes on. The final track is once again full of despair and loss. It’s just so painfully human, everything about it. How else can I describe it, his progressions are simple but blaitent and his vocals are so extreemly venerable... the entire thing is unfathomably human...

Evil Ernie said:
I think Burzum is one of the most pointless band I have ever heard. I really can't see how a dude writing such music should be called a genius... Could you guys just explain what you find interesting in this music?
When you write and record a full album yourself, then you can criticize Burzum.

Donnie Darko said:
When you write and record a full album yourself, then you can criticize Burzum.
That is UTTER, UTTER BULLSHIT. It's Varg's choice to do everything himself and certainly not an excuse for poor music.
I don't care for Burzum either way but I certainly wouldn't enjoy it more because one person did it.

LordFireworm said:
That is UTTER, UTTER BULLSHIT. It's Varg's choice to do everything himself and certainly not an excuse for poor music.
I don't care for Burzum either way but I certainly wouldn't enjoy it more because one person did it.
But you at least have to respect the talents of a guy thats able to play different instruments and record full albums. I dont know if I would go as far as calling him a musical genius but hes a damn good musician and just because you cant enjoy the music, definitly does not make it pointless