Black Sessions DVD

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
So yeah, I COULD have bought this for $20 Canadian at the show when normally it'd be for well over $30. Who would have thought the damn thing would have sold out so quickly??? I didn't...I regret not buying it well before the show even begun (because for some stupid reason, I thought I'd just wait 'till after the show.)

Anyway, can someone tell me how the quality of the DVD is? Is it in 5.1 digital surround sound? Anything at all, thanks. I've already seen this on google video but the quality was kinda poor.

I have always wanted to own this and wasted my perfect opportunity.

The quality is great.
It was professionally shot, I believe for Polish TV originally.
I think the performance is from a TV studio in Krakow.

Great band and crowd shots.

I can't speak as to what the surround sound is, or anything like that.
Maybe someone else can shed light on it.

Highly recommended.

There was some threads about The Black Sessions DVD when the box was released. I think the following best describes what everyone thought about the DVD:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185273

All in all I think The Black Sessions DVD is great but it's not perfect. Especially the fast cuts do tend to bother me. Murder is quite bad in that sense. Murder sounds awesome, but watching it makes you almost sick, coz picture is bouncing from camera to camera so rapidly. But anyways, you should get The Black Sessions box asap.

I like the camera work on Murder. Really suits the song, as in that its an old song and it finishes the set well, not that its a particularly fast song.
To me its a great way of finishing the DVD.

On the subject of DVDs, any news on the full DVD???