Blackwater Park concept/theme

derbeder said:
moonlapse, please get BloodyScapel out of here. he has written nothing but nonsense in the forum as far as i have seen. i was determined not to shit on anyone on the forum, but this is just too much. he can be happy in the cob forum i guess. there are other things that annoy me here, but when someone who has written nothing useful whatsoever does this nonsense, it gets a little too much. i assume moonlapse will delete those posts, but i request that he take even further action.
wow, you surely have a sense of humour.

Looking back, yes, it can be seen as out of line :p but here we have an expression, "don't step on my callosities", which, speaking in clear *american*, means, "don't fuck with me I won't fuck with you". Thing is, this thread was already retarded enough long before I came in here, so no harm done, and also, there's much worse nonsense going on disguised as 'band-related threads'. Stuff like photoshopeth or draw your opeth song name game for instance. Do I say I 'disapprove' those threads? No. Just open your eyes, this is the cynical internet world, and the day when someone start caring about anything, it'll be the same day bush will discard US's nukes and dance hula hula with sadam hussein in a french aircraft carrier, smoking cuban cigars.

But if anything, 1)The post with the 'offensive image' has been edited to a link, I admit my wrongdoing, 2)Pulleaase, I don't browse cob forum, and 3)It's 'scalpel'(everyone spells it wrong, for arcane and obscure reasons)

EDIT:4)Before someone starts to say anything, there's a 'disable signatures' button on the control panel;) and 5) hm what the hell, come to think of it,there's an 'ignore user' button as well.

Raistlin Majere said:
why does everyone below 50 posts make a thread like this?

Why does everyone with over 50 posts act like they are in a secret brotherhood?

Cliche Kid said:
Why does everyone with over 50 posts act like they are in a secret brotherhood?
i do not. i actually like and support the new people when they are sensible, and use the "search" bot. But im so fed up with seeing a new "blah's concept" thread i mean there's already dozens of threads about opeth's each album and these new people somewhy, without browsing for a minute, make a thread for just to get people's, and because Mikael goes on these forums, Mikael's attention on them. It becomes irritating in time you know.

/sarcasm/ Why of course the album has a concept! Theres many recurring themes like guitars!!! and DRUMS!!! I daresay that they form a cohesive song every once in a while. WHY CAN"T YOU ALL SEe@!@@!!! /sarcasm/

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Pffft, only a sub-100 poster would say a thing like that.

It's easy to get +100 when you just write crap. It's a public forum so any noob can start any thread that they like, whether it has been asked a million times before or not.

musicnerd said:
Thanks for the link.
The Leper Affinity and Blackwater Park (the song) seem to be connected someway. I've always wondered what the Leper Affinity is about. Seems to me the narrator is death or nature talking to someone who's dead and buried. Does anyone else have any ideas?

and also still day beneath the sun...its about funeral
i think its about some one close to mikael that pass out

GHOST REVERIES, SANS ISOLATION YEARS, HAS A CONCEPT. MIKE HAS STATED THIS IN MULTIPLE PLACES. HE DOESN'T CALL IT A CONCEPT ALBUM DUE TO ISOLATION YEARS.

Now that I've said it for the twelfth time, I hope all of you remember it. It's obvious if you bother to read the lyrics.

froghawk said:
GHOST REVERIES, SANS ISOLATION YEARS, HAS A CONCEPT. MIKE HAS STATED THIS IN MULTIPLE PLACES. HE DOESN'T CALL IT A CONCEPT ALBUM DUE TO ISOLATION YEARS.

Now that I've said it for the twelfth time, I hope all of you remember it. It's obvious if you bother to read the lyrics.
you're a dumbass. he said it STARTED as a concept album, but when he made isolation years, he decided to throw out the "concept idea". the album is NOT a concept album in any way, even sans isolation years...