Blastbeats Killing Death Metal Drumming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you say this in virtually every post you make about death metal, and now you make an entire thread about it? just don't listen to death metal with loads of blastbeats! it's not difficult. when the song comes on, and you hear more than the number of blasbeats you prefer, turn the song off.

I agree with the thread maker. Nothing wrong with blast-beats but there are too many drummers doing the exact same thing.

I also agree. It seems now that a lot of drummers can only do that. No variation at all. I don't mind blast beats when it's done tastefully but a whole album like that is not exactly entertaining to me.

anybody else think so?

so many fucking bands nowadays do this shit, 45 minutes of mindless blasting :puke: :puke: :puke:

hmmmmmm... mindless blasting, eh? so why do you even listen to death metal at all? blasts are a vital part of what makes a decent dm band, there's a whole science to that. its a test of precision, talent, and concentration to be a good dm drummer. and what kind of "death metal" are you going to have, exactly, without the behind-the-kit brutality of a badass who knows his shit?

but, then again, I'm talking to someone with a large photo of wutang clan for a sig, so...

:Smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.