Bleak ending

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
Just what is that sound and how was it achieved at the end of Bleak?? In the very end it sounds like some kinda radiowave buzzing or whatever. I bet it was another of Wilson's old tricks from Porcupine Tree.

Bleak. The most overated and insanley boring song in the opeth catalouge. Why/what is the attraction with this song. Not forgetting steven wilson droning terrible vocals as well. 1/10 simply because its on one of the best albyms i have ever heard, must be there as part of the whole bad comes with the good philosophy, mike didnt want an album too perfect

Bleak. The most overated and insanley boring song in the opeth catalouge. Why/what is the attraction with this song. Not forgetting steven wilson droning terrible vocals as well. 1/10 simply because its on one of the best albyms i have ever heard, must be there as part of the whole bad comes with the good philosophy, mike didnt want an album too perfect

1. The thread was not about your (Shit) opinion about the song. You obviously didn't read the OP.

2. Its spelt "Albums" not "Albyms".

3. BRI or Demon of the Fall are clearly more overrated than Bleak. Its not my favourite song, and goes on too long, but it has some awesome awesome moments.

4. @ OP - basically its been heavily compressed and distorted the fuck out.

1. The thread was not about your (Shit) opinion about the song. You obviously didn't read the OP.

2. Its spelt "Albums" not "Albyms".

3. BRI or Demon of the Fall are clearly more overrated than Bleak. Its not my favourite song, and goes on too long, but it has some awesome awesome moments.

4. @ OP - basically its been heavily compressed and distorted the fuck out.

1. It's not about your thoughts about whether his opinion belongs to this thread or not either. It's not about my thoughts too, but I didn't say my or your post has to be about the thread topic.

2. In case you haven't noticed, "U" is right next to "Y", so that's what we call a TYPO. Plus, it's "it's", not "its". If you're gonna have fun with someone else's typo it might be a good idea to check your own post as well, you dipshit.

3. I thought you said this thread was not about people's opinions about the song? And you took it one step further and told us your worthless opinions about songs that don't even have anything to do with this topic whatsoever. At least the guy was talking about Bleak.

ouf anyway bleak's ending is amazing.i don't know how,why or who made it,but it's the perfect ending before the awefuckingsome harvest! lol

I remember Mike saying something like: "I wanted the song to end with something like an 'in pieces' effect, and when I told that to Wilson he came up with that weird ending, we all laughed cos it was funny". But it ended up on the album anyway, and I agree it's a good ending.