Bleak ending

I know that sound well. That is the sound of blowing up your speakers. I'm sure the sound you hear on Bleak is electronically reproduced, but I can speak from experience when you hear it in real life you know that you will have to shell out money to replace your brothers speakers cuz you just shredded them.

I got my hands on a smaller pair of speakers that one of my bros had just bought and hooked them to my home system just see what they would sound like. Well, it was too much power for too little speaker. After that funky noise it went silent. Felt like shit, got my ass kicked and had to buy new ones.

Thanks for the bad memories Mike!! :cry:

I know that sound well. That is the sound of blowing up your speakers. I'm sure the sound you hear on Bleak is electronically reproduced, but I can speak from experience when you hear it in real life you know that you will have to shell out money to replace your brothers speakers cuz you just shredded them.

I got my hands on a smaller pair of speakers that one of my bros had just bought and hooked them to my home system just see what they would sound like. Well, it was too much power for too little speaker. After that funky noise it went silent. Felt like shit, got my ass kicked and had to buy new ones.

:lol:

this post wins :lol:

Also, during the same riff but before the drums stop and the sander starts, Peter's lead melody is awesome and I wish it would have gone on a few extra measures.

I always thought it was the sound of a tube-amp turned off during playing, without using the Standby first. But then again, the "wrecked speaker" theory is probably right. But whatever it is, it's probably done artificially, as I can't imagine S.W. intentionally wrecking equipment...

Bleak. The most overated and insanley boring song in the opeth catalouge. Why/what is the attraction with this song. Not forgetting steven wilson droning terrible vocals as well. 1/10 simply because its on one of the best albyms i have ever heard, must be there as part of the whole bad comes with the good philosophy, mike didnt want an album too perfect

Are you retarded? Albyms!?

Bleak's ending is orgasmic. They must've got it from the effects that Steve Wilson showed them when he was producing Blackwater Park.