Blockbastard.com (or, Talk about your online rental service)

AchrisK

Weakling
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona, USA
www.musicbuyingfreak.com
So I've been with Blockbuster.com for a while now. When I joined I think we got to have 3 movies out at a time with unlimited in-store exchanges, and once the local store scanned in your movie as "received at store", they would send another one like the next day.

Well, first they started raising the price and lowering the benefit at the same time. It costed more, and you could only have 5 in-store exchanges a month. Then it seemed like they took a full 2-3 day to ship the next movie, and they stopped shipping on Saturdays.

So today I get an exciting email from them that reads as follows:

Beginning mid-February 2009, there will be no more due dates for your free in-store movie exchanges!

# In other words, as long as you are an active BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber, you can keep your free in-store exchanges as long as you like.
# In order to eliminate due dates, the free in-store exchange from participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores will now count towards the number of DVDs you may have out under your BLOCKBUSTER Total Access plan. Once you've returned your in-store exchange, we'll then ship you the next available movie in your queue.
# Your free in-store exchanges will now show up on your Queue page and in your Rental History, making it easy to keep track of the movies you've rented.

Bastards.

I have the minimum Netflix package and I like it. I don't watch tons of movies, so two a month is okay. It only sucks if I want to watch a TV series, but I can still find just about any of them streaming online.

I have the minimum Netflix package and I like it. I don't watch tons of movies, so two a month is okay. It only sucks if I want to watch a TV series, but I can still find just about any of them streaming online.

Hulu.com is good for watching streaming episodes of tv shows. :)