Blooddrunk US Tour w/ TBDM & BTBAM

Got the email from the promoter in Toronto a few minutes ago:

Bodom will not hit Canada on this tour leg due to another tour line up for them after, where they will be a opening act. Unfortunate but true.

Ah God.. This practically broke my heart, :lol:. Anyone have any guesses for who you think they'll be opening for? I hope it's not someone who charges too much for tickets, since the moment Bodom is off the stage I'm out.

Yeah we wanna get in the pit. Where do you go if you aren't in the front of the line? And how early do you suggest being to make sure we get in? I'll be stoked to actually see them fucking play Hate Me! this time. At both Gigantour shows I went to they didn't play it :(
If they don't let you in the pit, then you're basically like a few steps above the people in the pit, further back. And there's a railing that will prevent you from getting into the pit (altho when the security isn't looking you could climb over it. tried it last time, but I got caught and they almost kicked me out :erk:) I'd say get there about 3-2 hours early to ensure your pit spot. All the hardcore fans will already be there.
is this for VIP?

no, this is just for the normal tix :(

If they don't let you in the pit, then you're basically like a few steps above the people in the pit, further back. And there's a railing that will prevent you from getting into the pit (altho when the security isn't looking you could climb over it. tried it last time, but I got caught and they almost kicked me out :erk:) I'd say get there about 3-2 hours early to ensure your pit spot. All the hardcore fans will already be there.

no, this is just for the normal tix :(

that's weird, I looked up tix at the Wiltern, it showed up as 26.50 for one. Plus service charge could really bump the price up.

I can't see the tix being $80 for two, though. Philly, the tix are 20.00 though. It's weird how it has different prices for different venue

$29.99 for hammerstein + $9.20 convenience charge x 2 (because crazychris has no money right now and shall pay me back) + $5 something for the overall sale on ticketmaster comes out to $83. something for 2 tickets.

Ouch....and livenation was priced at about $85 something because their convenience charge is even higher :erk:

seriously, doesn't ticketmaster have any competition? Why must we always buy from them and pay all that nonsense which they claim to be "convenience" fees. there's nothing fucking convenient about it.

I usually just go to the venue to buy the tickets. There's 1 dollar or no service charge.

Here, we have either Ticketmaster or Comcast Tix, but that's only for Wachovia Center shows.

seriously, doesn't ticketmaster have any competition? Why must we always buy from them and pay all that nonsense which they claim to be "convenience" fees. there's nothing fucking convenient about it.

Ticketmaster does have competition, a lot actually, but it's not 1 big corporation, but rather a lot of small, independent places. It all depends on the promoter and how many outlets he distributes tickets to. Thing is, they're all the same. Sometimes more, and only 2-3 dollars less, that's the best I've seen around here, in some obscure recordshop that costs more than 3 dollars to get to via the bus anyways.

tl;dr: We all get raped by the ticket charges, but wow 80 bucks for two tickets is insane. The first bodom show I saw it cost 44 bucks for 2 tickets, then it was 52 each, and the next ones it was like 72 for 2.

whenever you'd like.

Now that tours are being announced months in advance:lol:

seriously, last month, they announced Rotting Christ dates for next February

Ah, thanks.

To be honest though, I really don't mind the early announcement trend for shows lately. Gives me time to spend my money wisely/in the end lets me go to more shows.:headbang: Hah, a 16 year old with a 1-day-a-week job appreciates that st00f.

^ yeah that's why I hope to have my ticket soon.
I have a friend who's in NYC for an internship. But she's been dumped by her boyfriend who's in France and she feels really really really really bad. So I dare not ask her to buy my ticket right now... Too bad I can't buy it even if I'm still in France. I'm coming in Orlando 09/09 and the show is on 09/14. So I can't wait until I come :erk:

^ yeah that's why I hope to have my ticket soon.
I have a friend who's in NYC for an internship. But she's been dumped by her boyfriend who's in France and she feels really really really really bad. So I dare not ask her to buy my ticket right now... Too bad I can't buy it even if I'm still in France. I'm coming in Orlando 09/09 and the show is on 09/14. So I can't wait until I come :erk:

can't you tell your friend in Florida to buy it?