Bloodshed Over Bochum

OK, drunk, bad idea, still:

I really look for new beers every single time I go anywhere.
If those of you going to Bochum may bring some beers from your home town / country, I'll be very grateful and will be giving you back some beers too!

Example:
I've been to Belgium, Lithuania, Germany, Czech Republic so far this year, sole purpose has been beer hunting, so I'm a huge nerd and add to that crazy!

:kickass:

Can you tell which ones you already have in your collection?
Btw I live next to a former beer brewery but it has been closed about 20 years ago. Maybe I can find someone who still has some "Eickel Pils" in his cellar. I assume you don't want it for drinking but only for collecting.

Can you tell which ones you already have in your collection?
Btw I live next to a former beer brewery but it has been closed about 20 years ago. Maybe I can find someone who still has some "Eickel Pils" in his cellar. I assume you don't want it for drinking but only for collecting.

I can print a list of all the beers from a certain country, but from Germany I currently have 341 different ones, might be a bit too many to list here :)

I don't collect unopened beers though, only drink and rate beers.
Really old beers are note available for rating, but can still be quite interesting to try.
Oldest one so far was from 1901, next oldest from 1935 :)

Phelice, we will arrive to some strange airport called Weeze in dec 27. 14.10. Do you have any idea how to get to Bochum from there, heard of a bus, but can not find any information about it.... Damn.

Hi there everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm going to Bochum, and as I honestly didn't feel like reading over 600 posts to find out something that maybe hasn't even been discussed, I'm going to ask you directly.

I'm coming with a friend by plane on the 27th from Marseilles to Eindhoven, so if anyone knows how to get to Bochum from there please tell me!

Also I don't know if you're thinking of sleeping in hotels or something but it will be cool if quite a few of us can sleep all together in youth hostels 'coz it's cheap and we can get wasted after the concerts instead of at them! :Smokin:

Phelice, we will arrive to some strange airport called Weeze in dec 27. 14.10. Do you have any idea how to get to Bochum from there, heard of a bus, but can not find any information about it.... Damn.

Yup.

From Weeze, you take the RE (= Regional-Express) 10045 to Düsseldorf Hbf (= Hauptbahnhof = main station), which departs at 14:45. You will arrive in Düsseldorf at 15;52. From there, you go to Bochum Hbf at 16:12 with the IC (Intercity) 2006.
Alternatively, the same route goes an hour later, too.

Here you have an overview of the details:
weezels8.jpg

I know, it looks a bit confusing. If you don't understand it (which would be no shame at all), just ask again.

If you tell me where exactly in Bochum you want to go, I can also tell you which tram/bus to take.
Because it's you: If you get totally lost, make an emergency call and I pick you up and bring you to your hotel. It will only cost you one lap dance.

thanks, that's cool of you! i tried looking up trains and such but no luck, for international trains, both countries seem to think that it's the other one's business! :ill:

and duuuuuude youth hostels are not cheap. At least not in Bochum. There's only one, and it's part of a 3 star hotel, that could be why. It shall be Formule 1 or nothing!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

hey by the way I saw you guys have a list of all people coming! count me in! name's Luke by the way.

1. Gazza (Gareth)(crazy Aussie #1) - coming from Melbourne, Australia.
2. Vaughan (aka V-man)(crazy Aussie #2) - coming from Melbourne, Australia.
3. Vilewoman (sexy bicht, *MOP* aka Rhonda) coming from North Carolina
4. Phelice (sexy bitch, aka Tina) Germany
5. Beave (Beave, aka Dan) - smooth operator coming out of the Rocky Mountains
6. gnoff -(Jan - but gnoff is fine) Going from Göteborg, Sweden, on Dec 27 to Düsseldorf, back on Jan 4, flying with Lufthansa
7. DamageInc.(smart ass, aka Alex) - Coming from Hannover with a couple of guys
8. Lugnut-(yours either) Flying over from Portland OR. December can't get here soon enough!! I have never done anything like this...I am pretty darn excited
9. {FLäskKäfT}(sexy bitch, aka Anna) Sweden
10. XureK (Sam) - Flying solo from the Highlands of Scotland!
11. Warlock Fester (bicht, aka Vesa) Sweden
12. Graupel (Captain aka Chris) - coming from California
13. tud.brown - Calgary, Canada
14. Thimon (Simon) - coming with 3 other Guys from Augsburg,Germany#
15. Flip (Chris) - coming from Duisburg, Germany with 6 or 7 guys
16. Harri (harppa) - coming from FINLAND with 1 or 2 guys
17. LordSan (Danne) - Coming from sweden, going with Fläskkäft, someone needs to keep her standing in the crowd so she don't get killed!
18. Hauk(Eoghan) Coming from Dublin, Ireland. I'm going with two of my friends as well!
19. DASPRiD - coming from the unkown (where you coming from mate?)
20. xtyrantx - coming from Finland and bringing some friends!!!!
21. Astrid - coming from Germany
22. Michael - Astrid's friend.
22. Seonadh (Luke) - Coming from France.

1. Gazza (Gareth)(crazy Aussie #1) - coming from Melbourne, Australia.
2. Vaughan (aka V-man)(crazy Aussie #2) - coming from Melbourne, Australia.
3. Vilewoman (sexy bicht, *MOP* aka Rhonda) coming from North Carolina
4. Phelice (sexy bitch, aka Tina) Germany
5. Beave (Beave, aka Dan) - smooth operator coming out of the Rocky Mountains
6. gnoff -(Jan - but gnoff is fine) Going from Göteborg, Sweden, on Dec 27 to Düsseldorf, back on Jan 4, flying with Lufthansa
7. DamageInc.(smart ass, aka Alex) - Coming from Hannover with a couple of guys
8. Lugnut-(yours either) Flying over from Portland OR. December can't get here soon enough!! I have never done anything like this...I am pretty darn excited
9. {FLäskKäfT}(sexy bitch, aka Anna) Sweden
10. XureK (Sam) - Flying solo from the Highlands of Scotland!
11. Warlock Fester (bicht, aka Vesa) Sweden
12. Graupel (Captain aka Chris) - coming from California
13. tud.brown - Calgary, Canada
14. Thimon (Simon) - coming with 3 other Guys from Augsburg,Germany#
15. Flip (Chris) - coming from Duisburg, Germany with 6 or 7 guys
16. Harri (harppa) - coming from FINLAND with 1 or 2 guys
17. LordSan (Danne) - Coming from sweden, going with Fläskkäft, someone needs to keep her standing in the crowd so she don't get killed!
18. Hauk(Eoghan) Coming from Dublin, Ireland. I'm going with two of my friends as well!
19. DASPRiD - coming from the unkown (where you coming from mate?)
20. xtyrantx - coming from Finland and bringing some friends!!!!
21. Astrid - coming from Germany
22. Michael - Astrid's friend.
22. Seonadh (Luke) - Coming from France.
23. Tomasz + wife (Cyntra) - coming from Prussia

Would any of you guys be able to buy 2 tickets for the 31st? I would then pay and pick those up on the first day of the event.

Thanks for looking for me Phelice! I suppose it could be around Bochum if there'll be public transport at the times the concerts finish...

Do you have a hostel or something??^^

Nah, I just invited 3 people staying at my place during the event... and it turned out being 4 1/2 :D

Unfortunately, it looks like you are right - there is no cheap hostel in Bochum. The cheapest one I found was about 20€/night... But I will ask around tomorrow.

Nah, I just invited 3 people staying at my place during the event... and it turned out being 4 1/2 :D

Unfortunately, it looks like you are right - there is no cheap hostel in Bochum. The cheapest one I found was about 20€/night... But I will ask around tomorrow.

Thanks for looking! I only found the aleppo hostel = at least 22€/night... for 5 nights that's a bit much for me haha!

But Formule 1 seems to do 30€ per night per room (=2 beds, so that's me + my friend) = 15€/night each, which is (more!) reasonable!

Unless you have a free broom cupboard under the stairs at your place Phelice :saint:... lol just kiddin'!

thx at any rate for your help! (this might be a bit much, but do you think you could tell me how to get from the concert hall to the Formule 1? The hotel's address is:

Cruismannstr 39
44807 BOCHUM-RIEMKE

Thx dude!

OK, drunk, bad idea, still:

I really look for new beers every single time I go anywhere.
If those of you going to Bochum may bring some beers from your home town / country, I'll be very grateful and will be giving you back some beers too!

Example:
I've been to Belgium, Lithuania, Germany, Czech Republic so far this year, sole purpose has been beer hunting, so I'm a huge nerd and add to that crazy!

:kickass:

Well, there are some brews 'round where i live that might titillate your taste buds. We've got a few microbreweries in these parts, most famous of which would proobably be Boulder Beer and Fat Tire.

In fact, at the Denver show last year Johan was drinking Fat Tire as he aurally pounded us into the ground. I know 'cause he called out for a refill of it midway through the set.

I'll do my best to bring a bottle or two over. It won't be easy since I don't think they allow us to bring fluids past the security check for carry-on baggage, and the other suitcase i'll be bringing is soft-shelled, so i'm not sure how well that would work in terms of getting the bottle over without breaking it. I'm sure the Department of Homeland security would probably weed it out as well.

However, it might be available at the duty-free shop so i'll be sure to look for it.

Oh, would you mind bringing a tin of that Swedish snuss down with you? I'm really curious to try it.

(this might be a bit much, but do you think you could tell me how to get from the concert hall to the Formule 1? ...

At least I can help you with that!
I assume you mean the other way round, from your hotel to the concert. If not, just do it backwards ;)

You go to the subway station "Rensingstrasse" and take the U35 to University/Bochum Hbf/Hustadt, get out at Bochum Hbf and change into the bus 353 to Sundern/Blankensteiner Str. and get out at Knappenstrasse.
You can go anytime :12 and :42 and will arrive :37 and :07 - Example: When you go 18:12 from Rensingstr, you will arrive 18:37 at the Zeche.

For finding your way, this might help you:

route1kj1.jpg

bohbflv3.jpg

(the "1" is where your bus departs)

route2xv8.jpg

I hope this helps!