Bloodshed Over Bochum

This is going to absolutely rule! Nothing to be nervous about, Amon are going to kick our ass for four nights running and we are going to love it. The only thing that makes me nervous going to Bloodshed Over Bochum is meeting someone there who's even more fucking crazy about Amon than I am!! :headbang:

We have all definitely got to get filmed with the band at some point, everyone from the forum who's there, that would be crazy!

. The only thing that makes me nervous going to Bloodshed Over Bochum is meeting someone there who's even more fucking crazy about Amon than I am!! :headbang:

Yeh, there'll be a couple of them i reckon. After all amon are "pretty good" in my books.

Meeting new people will be awsome & good lookin girls, even better!!

The only thing im trying to figure out is where the fuck to go from Frankfurt once i get there,i think i might book a night's accom near the airport so i can just go crash out once i get there.

qft= quoted for truth.
He is expressing that you have said something that is correct and, although I am interpreting freely, is probably also of the opinion that you are good.

... which could be shortened to simply saying "Fuckin' A". But QFT?? WTF?! :lol:

Anyhow, the only thing that has me a little worried is the off chance that y'all are secretly part of some cannibalistic cult and i'm entering into some kind of trap that'll result in my mom being notified that my mutilated and dismembered body was found floating down the Ruhr. That would suck! :ill:

Barring this (hopefully) remote possibility :D, I think this whole thing will be a real humdinger. I usually have the most fun when i'm around people who have a similar taste in music. :kickass:

Yeh, there'll be a couple of them i reckon. After all amon are "pretty good" in my books.

Meeting new people will be awsome

Well I suppose if we're all going to this we must be kind of me(n)tal anyway!!!

I often go by myself to concerts hundreds of km away from where I live and every time I meet cool people, I can't wait to go to Bochum, I've only to been to Germany two or three times before, this will fuckin rule!!!!!!:heh:

does anyone have any recommendations on hostels/motels/hotels in Amsterdam and Berlin?

4 weeks before I leave and I have nothing planned what so ever

In Berlin earlier this year I stayed at "John's cozy little backpacker hostel", I'm not kidding regarding the name by the way.

It's a small place that only will accept up to maximum 4 ppl in each group, and is favoured by gays and hippies.

Bloody cheap though, and fairly central.

http://www.hostels.com/availability.php/HostelNumber.10119

Don't know about the breakfast mentioned though, don't think it was in our deal.

Anyhow, if you need any tips for breweries or pubs, let me know, I've got some info still.

Was many many years ago I stayed at hotels in Amsterdam, can't even remember names right now.

Thanks,

I'll look into it. I stayed previously in a hostel somewhere by the zoo but didn't like it there. Yes, pub info is needed as well. I did go to one pub there before in the east berlin which I thought was pretty cool.

In Berlin earlier this year I stayed at "John's cozy little backpacker hostel", I'm not kidding regarding the name by the way.

It's a small place that only will accept up to maximum 4 ppl in each group, and is favoured by gays and hippies.

Bloody cheap though, and fairly central.

http://www.hostels.com/availability.php/HostelNumber.10119

Don't know about the breakfast mentioned though, don't think it was in our deal.

Anyhow, if you need any tips for breweries or pubs, let me know, I've got some info still.

Was many many years ago I stayed at hotels in Amsterdam, can't even remember names right now.

does anyone have any recommendations on hostels/motels/hotels in Amsterdam and Berlin?

I have nothing planned either man. I might go down on Saturday & book a night at a hotel in Frankfurt so when i get there i can just get a cab & crash for the night. I arrive on Xmas eve so most people will be doing family shit, so ill probably just catch a train Xmas day or the day after to the Bochum area.

With respect to Amsterdam, if you're looking to book your room in advance, I'd definitely recommend that you research any prospective hotels/hostels beforehand. Several years ago my friend and i paid in advance for a room in Amsterdam, and it turned out to be the worst absolute shithole i've ever seen. It was like walking into a septic tank. Imagine a room resembling "The Dirtiest Toilet in Scotland" (at least i think that's what they called it) in the movie "Trainspotting" and you'll have some idea how bad it was. Having to rub elbows with crack whores and heroin addicts didn't help, either.*

As for Berlin, when i was there i stayed in a hostel in the suburb of Wannsee. It turned out to be pretty cool. I can't remember the name of it but i'm sure you could find it relatively easy.

*Edit: we only stayed there one night. The next day we tried to cancel the remaining 4 or 5 days of our reservation, but the bastards wouldn't refund us our money, so we lost out pretty bad.

Thanks,

I'll look into it. I stayed previously in a hostel somewhere by the zoo but didn't like it there. Yes, pub info is needed as well. I did go to one pub there before in the east berlin which I thought was pretty cool.

If you PM me your mail address I can send you some pdf info, two files about 2 MB each.

Regarding Amsterdam -
Do book in advance, first time we tried finding something after arriving, was quite hard.
Might have been a beed day or so, but still.

thanks guys, also, there was a talk of group sightseeing trip around town/area, if that'a a go where and when do we meet. I got to find something to do in Bochum for my wife

I have nothing planned either man. I might go down on Saturday & book a night at a hotel in Frankfurt so when i get there i can just get a cab & crash for the night. I arrive on Xmas eve so most people will be doing family shit, so ill probably just catch a train Xmas day or the day after to the Bochum area.

too bad you're not getting there a bit earlier as you could have gone with us to prussia :)

I don't plan arriving in Bochum unti the day of first show, got to start PMing phone #s soon

I'm off to a 5 day camping trip

later necks

why book a place to stay that far, you want to be within a "stumbling drunk" distance from the venue I would think, at least that's what I'm going for

Does anyone know how late the underground or tram runs in Bochum, because my hotel is 35km out from the center (formule 1 hotel) and so if the last leaves too early I'll have to reserve another hotel.

Thanks

My hotel is about 14km from Dortmund airport, so a taxi ride, 3km from Bochum centre and 6km from the event location, so it's not too bad at all. Short taxi/bus/tram whatever journeys for the most part.