Bodom's recordings....

Elysian893 said:
the guitar heroism made them popular in europe and japan, but they can't break into the american market... hence AYDY

Exactly! There was a time when I was on these CoB boards and thought "no, they wouldn't cover Britney Spears" or "no, they wouldn't like nu-metal/hardcore" because I thought these these guys (especially Alexi) were real virtuosos when it came to song writing/instrument playing. I guess when I said "masses" it was too general; I meant the American Masses. That's why I believe most of the people that have been into CoB post here. It's because they LOVED the guitar work from their previous albums. These crappy punk/hardcore bands in the U.S. are a dime a dozen and these kids around here tend to eat any kind of band in this manner up. I think I've even read some interviews with him saying how the kids in the U.S. liked the "harder" music. Seriously, that last tour with Lamb of God/Fear Factory etc. must have got to Alexi because I believe he felt the need to change CoB's direction to break into the American market just as Elysian said.

Side note: It's fucking lame how you guys say happy=gay. Music doesn't HAVE to sound any specific way! It's a form of expression! FYI, Music doesn't have to be angry or hard sounding to be good.

Noble Viking said:
Side note: It's fucking lame how you guys say happy=gay. Music doesn't HAVE to sound any specific way! It's a form of expression! FYI, Music doesn't have to be angry or hard sounding to be good.

Fucking right on, brother

In all honesty I think AYDY sounds AWESOME! This is the first album where they have worked with mastermind engineer Mikko Karmila for both the tracking and mixing duties. I am not sure if he has mixed all of their previous stuff but I do know he at least did HCDR. Karmila is an awesome engineer and the sounds on AYDY are thick and full. When you get to TL&S the track sounds sooo much smaller than the rest of the album. The studio Anssi has uses a lot of so so gear like ADATS and digital performer... He is a great engineer but the equipment he uses shrinks the over sound of what he does. Anyway thats my 2 cents...

It's the St. Anger syndrome. The production is more "raw" (two differenet guitar sounds in seperate speakers, shitty loud snare and some extra noise) and it's actually heavier then the stuff previous, but also not as good. It took me about two listens to get past it. now I can appreiciate the heaviness factor.

I agree that TLS sounds out of place. I always skip it even though it's one of my favorites. I can only listen to it when it's opening and followed by knuckleduster. Knuckleduster > lots of stuff. I'm to lazy to get into specifics.

Yeah. It's filled with gayass melodies. Take Lake Bodom, pretty much the flagship on the album. If you don't hear the gayass melody you should get your hearing checked.

The keyboard part starting at 0:44, the main melody. Nintendo melodies. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love those songs, but I'm only saying that most of their music is based on 'happy' melodies. That's all.

I can only listen to Trashed when it is followed by Knuckleduster. It sucks because I'd like to listen to trashed followed by If you want peace followed by Next in line.

EVERYONE GO LISTEN TO SUICIDE BY MY SIDE!! IT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT so I don't want to hear people doubting Alexi. He definitly knows what he is doing it just sucks that he is looking to make money now instead of LOOKING TO ROCK!!