Books

I think Lancey's pretty much a stereotype, he's the least real-life like character there, I guess cause he's functional.

I also studied some background to it and read that in fact this whole Ordnance Survey was done without much atrocity, nothing like what's described in the play. I mean there was much suffering and all, but particularly in the case of this survey it went without stuff like that depicted in the drama. But that's not what matters of course :)

@bleed black orchid: so you loved the cheesy part, you gave yourself away girl :lol:

hahaha what can I say underneath the harsh exterior piercings and billy idol pout Im a big softy. but dont like spread it around or anything martha I have my street cred (reputation) to think about.

Street Cred..hahaha I sound like my mother or my 50 year old "hip" auntie

Dhatura said:
I also studied some background to it and read that in fact this whole Ordnance Survey was done without much atrocity, nothing like what's described in the play.:

Oohh, talking aboiut the history of Ireland in this place, DANGER!

The Power Is Within You - Louise Hay

Louise-Hay.jpg

Achernar said:
I always had the feeling that you didn't like Photoshop that much Irene. Dunno why. o_O
yeah, well, dunno why either. 'cause i do like it . and i'd like to be able to work with it... to make some nice "fakes" ;) (among other things)

ah i just got it, needed one that can print to A2 if needed without loss of quality, the nikon D1 was the first digital slr i think, but over twice as expensive

Got some splendid books recently. A book on Groucho by Stefan Kanfer, a book called Maypoles Martyrs and Mayhem all about British myths, customs and traditions and I've got my eye on a cheeky Mary Berry cake book.

Ive got to read othello and captain corellis mandolin over the summer but i hate reading books that Im told to read for college so that definately wont happen.

You prob hate reading because you've never found something that's interested you, in particular when you are told what to read. I saw Captain corr...fucking accents on Cage and Cruz..bad!!
Othello is tres boss! If you can get the video with Mckellan playing Iago you'll get on to the themes and characters better. Iago is a great villian.

Su Jacko said:
You prob hate reading because you've never found something that's interested you, in particular when you are told what to read. I saw Captain corr...fucking accents on Cage and Cruz..bad!!
Othello is tres boss! If you can get the video with Mckellan playing Iago you'll get on to the themes and characters better. Iago is a great villian.

are u alrite like?

I dont hate to read quite the contrary I love to read but I just hate being told what to read I pick up books because I want to know what happens I enjoy an author or a particular subject. I just lose all interest when Im forcibly reading a book.

bleed_black_orchid said:
I dont hate to read quite the contrary I love to read but I just hate being told what to read I pick up books because I want to know what happens I enjoy an author or a particular subject. I just lose all interest when Im forcibly reading a book.

i am always grateful to my high school for makin me read great stuff like macbeth, one flew over the cuckoo's nest and brave new world. Though they made us read mindless boring shit like Kitchen God's wife too.