Borknagar @ Wacken 2009

mmm, maybe you should have asked permision to the band before putting the show in here. It's not a bootleg that a fan recorded, it's being sold just like any other band album and maybe they're winning some money from it (or maybe not)

mmm, maybe you should have asked permision to the band before putting the show in here. It's not a bootleg that a fan recorded, it's being sold just like any other band album and maybe they're winning some money from it (or maybe not)

Yeah you're probably right. I'm listening to it right now anyway though. I mean fuck it, eh? I can watch videos of it on Youtube so why not. You definitely have a point though.

They have the freedom to delete my post anytime they want if they don't like it being on the web. I'd guess that they don't care, as they probably get next to nothing from the sales of the show.

I already heard it 5 times. It's the best Borknagar bootleg with mr V on vocals IMO. Besides the technical problems with Colossus and a couple of mistakes here and there (namely the bass solo of Inherit the Earth the most noticeable along with the final chorus on The Black Token), it's a very solid performance.

I'm totally impressed with Dave's drumming, now I have no doubts about his skills; considering the intrincated work of Asgeir and the relentless bass drum work of Grim, Dave did a spectacular job, congrats!.

The another thing that seriously impressed me were Mr V vocals. It's his best live perfomance with the band imo, he sounds 1000 times stronger than on the past wacken show and the Inferno 2001 gig, specially on the clean vocals. Honestly when I saw the tracklist with so many songs from TAC I had my doubts, but Mr V did it on a excellent way. Also on his own tracks he did a solid job. Congrats too!!!

Wacken crowd is fucking LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it... having the privilege of watching Borknagar live they were so quiet!! Borknagar must come to South America to play in front of a real crowd.

Here you go fine gentlemen and ladies, the Wacken show in Mp3 files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/270174185/Borknagar_Wacken_09.zip
I included the flash player that came on the stick.

Mange takk! I'm downloading it right now :kickass: .

I already heard it 5 times. It's the best Borknagar bootleg with mr V on vocals IMO. Besides the technical problems with Colossus and a couple of mistakes here and there (namely the bass solo of Inherit the Earth the most noticeable along with the final chorus on The Black Token), it's a very solid performance.

I'm totally impressed with Dave's drumming, now I have no doubts about his skills; considering the intrincated work of Asgeir and the relentless bass drum work of Grim, Dave did a spectacular job, congrats!.

The another thing that seriously impressed me were Mr V vocals. It's his best live perfomance with the band imo, he sounds 1000 times stronger than on the past wacken show and the Inferno 2001 gig, specially on the clean vocals. Honestly when I saw the tracklist with so many songs from TAC I had my doubts, but Mr V did it on a excellent way. Also on his own tracks he did a solid job. Congrats too!!!

Wacken crowd is fucking LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it... having the privilege of watching Borknagar live they were so quiet!! Borknagar must come to South America to play in front of a real crowd.

Not to criticise people that live in Europe, but that happens a lot. A lot of crowds are lame, they are just so used to seeing our favourite bands thrice a year that they don't really care. Can you imagine Borknagar in Central/South America? Even if there were just a few fans, they would make more noise than the entire Wacken guys.

I remember the guy in London who told me there was a Maiden concert: "Oh I'm not going, I've already seen them 20 times". Not that I'm a Maiden fan, but well that says a lot.

And I saw so many jerks, there was this bloody kid at the Finntroll concert that was constantly getting on stage, interrupting Vreth and the band. At one point I almost got up and kicked him, but Vreth kind of pushed him before that. And the Sodom mosh was well… :lol: (those two were in Amsterdam).

The amount of concert a European gets in a week (day?) is what a Costa Rican gets in a year, i.e. about 3 concerts. Yes, the scene here sucks. Allfader is lucky because a lot of bands actually go to Chile :) (maldito… ;)).

Trust me, I for one was definitely not quiet! And the people around me were pretty loud too, guess the mic's were mostly concentrated towards the stage or something....

Not to criticise people that live in Europe, but that happens a lot. A lot of crowds are lame, they are just so used to seeing our favourite bands thrice a year that they don't really care. Can you imagine Borknagar in Central/South America? Even if there were just a few fans, they would make more noise than the entire Wacken guys.

I don't think anyone is used to seeing Borknagar thrice a year (maybe thrice a lifetime, tops)... :lol: I will however do my utmost to catch them as they swing by Hamburg on the mini-tour.
Ups, just realized that if I do so, my three times are up, scheisse! Also saw them at Wacken last time, but only because Mr. V was in the band, didn't know Borky at all at the time (for shame :oops:)

I remember the guy in London who told me there was a Maiden concert: "Oh I'm not going, I've already seen them 20 times". Not that I'm a Maiden fan, but well that says a lot.

And I saw so many jerks, there was this bloody kid at the Finntroll concert that was constantly getting on stage, interrupting Vreth and the band. At one point I almost got up and kicked him, but Vreth kind of pushed him before that. And the Sodom mosh was well… :lol: (those two were in Amsterdam).

The amount of concert a European gets in a week (day?) is what a Costa Rican gets in a year, i.e. about 3 concerts. Yes, the scene here sucks. Allfader is lucky because a lot of bands actually go to Chile :) (maldito… ;)).

i don't think it's european people in general.
i've been to germany and to wacken and i've seen the difference between that contry and mine. i think it's just a matter of temper, german people are generally more peaceful and calm compared to people of the south of europe.

you're right we have a lot of concerts, but keep in mind that some groups tour only a part of the continent, like borknagar which do dates only in the north of europe, so we in the south have to travel a lot of kilometers if we want to see some kind groups.
i, who live in the centre of italy, have also always to do a lot of hours of travel to get to some concert, so you can understand i cannot do it every day, at least 3-4 times per month (it's not only a matter of time but also of money, motorways are really expensive in italy, from here to milano is about 40 euro back and then)

when i went to see ac/dc we were in a indoor stadium, about 10.000 people. i was sitting on the last step of the big stair and i could see all the audience floating and screaming like a big creature, and the stairs shaked like there was an earthquake cause everybody up there was jumping and singing and it's has been a miracle that the structure resisted to that 10.000 fools (well ac/dc came to italy in 1992 last time!!! not exactly yesterday)

while i remember that i was able to reach the fist line at wacken while motorhead played. the first two lines were quite compact, but behind people were calm and spaced out, while here people from the last line pushes and tries to arrive in first line making their personal war :lol:

but i agree with you when you say that the fact that some people have a lot of concerts near home creates a lack of interest, i mean, i know a lot of people who lives in milano, which is THE CITY where the most part of concerts are held, that don't go to shows often, sometimes they are not "in the mood" as a friend told me one day....what the fuck means "i'm not in the mood for a concert"?????????????????? :err: i'm not in the mood to do 6 hours of car, but i'm in the mood to see the concert.....and you have to walk five minutes....:zombie: it's kick in the face of the less lucky people :lol:

@Lefay: I have a friend on Milano who always sends me pics (even some short videos) from the concerts where he've been and the difference is huge compared to wacken, but here on South America there is a huge difference with the southern Europe.

When the bands play here for their first time, all of them say that they are totally impressed with the crowd, some of them play more songs than the rest of the SA tour and a lot of them return asap (for SA standards, 1-2 years).

@Defiance: It's true that Chile is one of the main places for SA tours (along with Brazil, Colombia and Argentina), maybe for the crowd. I mean, when I saw for the first time Shipwrecked in Oslo, I was so angry for the lame crowd on it (the good thing it's the crowd is shown briefly). The same with Vital Remains and so many others.

Most of those bands plays only at Santiago, so we have to travel hundreds (even thousands) of km to attend a certain gig. Anyway, none of my fav bands plays here, so I don't go to all concerts (I don't like power metal as an example) but I try to attend any interesting gig.

@Lefay: I have a friend on Milano who always sends me pics (even some short videos) from the concerts where he've been and the difference is huge compared to wacken, but here on South America there is a huge difference with the southern Europe.

When the bands play here for their first time, all of them say that they are totally impressed with the crowd, some of them play more songs than the rest of the SA tour and a lot of them return asap (for SA standards, 1-2 years).

i've never been to south america so i cannot compare the two things.
but a friend of mine who has lived in Colombia (is it considered south or central america??) for three years told me about the first slayer's concert in Bogota, and he told me it has been like hell on earth :lol:
there has been also fights and problems with the police, cause a lot of people wanted to enter without tickets (which were quite expensive). he told me also about a great concert which takes place every year, that is called rock in park, where a lot of metal bands have played, for example fear factory and carcass.

i can tell you that here the situation is calmer than in the past.
i'm going to concerts from about 10 years and the younger generations of metalheads are really quieter and concerts are more liveable (in a certain way it's better because you're able to see the concert without caring too much for your safety)
i still remember the first slayer concert i went, a lot of people were taken to the hospital :rolleyes:

Trust me, I for one was definitely not quiet! And the people around me were pretty loud too, guess the mic's were mostly concentrated towards the stage or something....

I don't think anyone is used to seeing Borknagar thrice a year (maybe thrice a lifetime, tops)... :lol: I will however do my utmost to catch them as they swing by Hamburg on the mini-tour.
Ups, just realized that if I do so, my three times are up, scheisse! Also saw them at Wacken last time, but only because Mr. V was in the band, didn't know Borky at all at the time (for shame :oops:)

Ah well bands like Borknagar are certainly a rare case, so they don't count in this discussion.

i don't think it's european people in general.
i've been to germany and to wacken and i've seen the difference between that contry and mine. i think it's just a matter of temper, german people are generally more peaceful and calm compared to people of the south of europe.

you're right we have a lot of concerts, but keep in mind that some groups tour only a part of the continent, like borknagar which do dates only in the north of europe, so we in the south have to travel a lot of kilometers if we want to see some kind groups.
i, who live in the centre of italy, have also always to do a lot of hours of travel to get to some concert, so you can understand i cannot do it every day, at least 3-4 times per month (it's not only a matter of time but also of money, motorways are really expensive in italy, from here to milano is about 40 euro back and then)

when i went to see ac/dc we were in a indoor stadium, about 10.000 people. i was sitting on the last step of the big stair and i could see all the audience floating and screaming like a big creature, and the stairs shaked like there was an earthquake cause everybody up there was jumping and singing and it's has been a miracle that the structure resisted to that 10.000 fools (well ac/dc came to italy in 1992 last time!!! not exactly yesterday)

while i remember that i was able to reach the fist line at wacken while motorhead played. the first two lines were quite compact, but behind people were calm and spaced out, while here people from the last line pushes and tries to arrive in first line making their personal war :lol:

but i agree with you when you say that the fact that some people have a lot of concerts near home creates a lack of interest, i mean, i know a lot of people who lives in milano, which is THE CITY where the most part of concerts are held, that don't go to shows often, sometimes they are not "in the mood" as a friend told me one day....what the fuck means "i'm not in the mood for a concert"?????????????????? :err: i'm not in the mood to do 6 hours of car, but i'm in the mood to see the concert.....and you have to walk five minutes....:zombie: it's kick in the face of the less lucky people :lol:

Well it's true I can't generalise, especially with Italians (most bands think they're the most passionate of Europe. D'oh). e.g, DT recorded their "Where Death Is Most Alive DVD" in Milano.

The thing is, we guys here would kill to see the bands most Europeans have seen dozens of time. Maiden for example, was most people's wet dream to see, and they came here and even recorded a show (which is in the new release Flight 666, which I don't like). Maiden has been here twice, but Europeans have seen them countless of times. Like the guy in London who said he has seen them 20 times. So that's what makes the difference IMO.

For example, right now I would love to see Dornenreich in one of its many shows in Deutschland. But I can't, s I can only buy every release of the band to feel them close :( (sounds gay hehe).

And Colombia is in South America, ye ignorant ;) .

@Defiance: It's true that Chile is one of the main places for SA tours (along with Brazil, Colombia and Argentina), maybe for the crowd. I mean, when I saw for the first time Shipwrecked in Oslo, I was so angry for the lame crowd on it (the good thing it's the crowd is shown briefly). The same with Vital Remains and so many others.

Most of those bands plays only at Santiago, so we have to travel hundreds (even thousands) of km to attend a certain gig. Anyway, none of my fav bands plays here, so I don't go to all concerts (I don't like power metal as an example) but I try to attend any interesting gig.

Yes, of course Chile is much bigger than CR. But then again, I feel that the scene in South America is much more united than the one in CR. In here, it's Black in one corner, Thrash in another, etc. etc. So even El Salvador has more concerts than us, because everyone goes to the concerts.

Yes, most bands go to Colombia, Brazil, Chile and Argentina. And well, The Gathering recorded their live album "A Noise Severe" in Chile, so IMO you're luckier than other SA countries.

Well it's true I can't generalise, especially with Italians (most bands think they're the most passionate of Europe. D'oh). e.g, DT recorded their "Where Death Is Most Alive DVD" in Milano.

The thing is, we guys here would kill to see the bands most Europeans have seen dozens of time. Maiden for example, was most people's wet dream to see, and they came here and even recorded a show (which is in the new release Flight 666, which I don't like). Maiden has been here twice, but Europeans have seen them countless of times. Like the guy in London who said he has seen them 20 times. So that's what makes the difference IMO.

For example, right now I would love to see Dornenreich in one of its many shows in Deutschland. But I can't, s I can only buy every release of the band to feel them close :( (sounds gay hehe).

And Colombia is in South America, ye ignorant ;) .

well, it's a matter of geography, for example if a band is american, all those people who lives in america has an higher number of possibilities to see that band live than other people. it's not our fault (we europeans) that the best metal groups are born here :lol: (i'm joking eh!)
i can make you some examples, a band like agalloch have done their first gig in italy only this year (sorry to tell you that they played with dornenreich :erk:) i waited for three long years to see them live....
i've seen king diamond (well he's danish but he lives in the usa) 2 times, one in 2000 and then i had to wait 7 fucking years to be able to see him again (and he's one of my fav groups)
so the situation is the same also here with non-european groups, above all if they are not so famous like slayer or metallica (which come to italy regularly every year)

and yes i'm very ignorant in geography :lol:
i knew that colombia was in the north of south america, but not if it can be considered south or centre america :oops:o_O:Smug::erk:

well, it's a matter of geography, for example if a band is american, all those people who lives in america has an higher number of possibilities to see that band live than other people. it's not our fault (we europeans) that the best metal groups are born here :lol: (i'm joking eh!)
i can make you some examples, a band like agalloch have done their first gig in italy only this year (sorry to tell you that they played with dornenreich :erk:) i waited for three long years to see them live....
i've seen king diamond (well he's danish but he lives in the usa) 2 times, one in 2000 and then i had to wait 7 fucking years to be able to see him again (and he's one of my fav groups)
so the situation is the same also here with non-european groups, above all if they are not so famous like slayer or metallica (which come to italy regularly every year)

and yes i'm very ignorant in geography :lol:
i knew that colombia was in the north of south america, but not if it can be considered south or centre america :oops:o_O:Smug::erk:

Well IMO the best Metal groups are European, so no point discussing that (Sweden is the best IMO). Please, don't remind me of that again, I had forgotten about it! Agalloch and Dornenreich together… :cry: .

The US does get great tours, I remember the "Priest, Heaven and Hell, Testament and Mötorhead" one, crazy! :Smug: I would love to see any of those bands.

And still, the point is me complaining about how everyone thinks Costa Rica is in South America or Mexico, and that the scene here is so f!cking small and fool of f!cking idiots with f!cking horrible bands. Cheers to 3rd-world countries! :kickass: ("Developing" my ass!)

I wonder why the piano intro in "The Genuine Pulse" wasn't played. I like that intro :( .

a guy on the italian forum told that they played the intro, lars was playing and moving his hands, but nobody down the stage could hear it, and it seems eighter the guys of the group, only dave that began at the right point. at least this is what he said...

regarding dornenreich: they did an horrible show, so you have to mourn about nothing. the guy with the violin, i swear, i wanted to kill him for how bad he played for 1 hour and more. it has been a torture! :zombie:
surely they had problems with the sound (also agalloch) but how he was totally out tune for the entire show!!!!!! :yuk:

The intro to 'The Genuine Pulse' wasn't even played at Wacken neither was 'Future Reminiscence' just to save time i think.
We had a few problems ..... but that was mainly down to the Wacken onstage crew, not being very helpfull !!!!!!!!