Borkz to tour some in autumn?

Hey so what gig is everyone going to? I'd like to meet the most about of Borknagar fans when I go, so suggestions people? :D

Maybe we can start a poll about that?! This is a pretty nice idea, ´cause i heard about a lot of people who will see the show just because of " Grailknights" and "Equilibrium". Even most of them will be not even 18 years old, so it might be okay for them to listen to that kiddy stuff. Although i`m the only one in my community listening to Borknagar ( i dont count my GF, she is forced to :) ).

i would also offer myself to catch some of you up from the central station in Oberhausen, if you dont know where to go.

Greetz

Oerko

Maybe we can start a poll about that?! This is a pretty nice idea, ´cause i heard about a lot of people who will see the show just because of " Grailknights" and "Equilibrium". Even most of them will be not even 18 years old, so it might be okay for them to listen to that kiddy stuff. Although i`m the only one in my community listening to Borknagar ( i dont count my GF, she is forced to :) ).

i would also offer myself to catch some of you up from the central station in Oberhausen, if you dont know where to go.

Greetz

Oerko
Sounds like a possible plan! Just need to get more responses from everyone else!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.... :lol: And now that there's a new CD coming out PLUS someone from North America, I think you should badger them to playing some shows here in Canada (I know a lot of bands do small tours in Canada then if it goes well come back for large scale US ones).

That decision is not really up to me though. haha, Im ready to tour for 200 days in a row NO PROBLEM. The issue is that the other guys have full-time lives, family, kids, work, etc... where Im 26 and all I have to worry about are my 2 cats haha. Ive never met a harder working bunch of guys in a band, who actually have their act together, than the Bork guys. In my past bands, the guys have all been in the same "nothing to worry about" spot as me and they were the most lazy bastards Ive come across.

Then I think you need to start a family and neglect them. Lead by example, maybe the rest of the guys will follow suite and we'll get a tour :lol:

Btw, any cool stories from the recording of the album? Anything crazy/funny happen? Did you meet Vortex?

Ya, lots. There is a video diary in the works. Ya, Vortex is cool. Recording for me only lasted a week. I showed up to Oslo and about 40ft of snow and pretty much parked my ass in the studio for 7 days. We went to Oslo once for the day. The rest was recording for a good 8hrs a day. I didnt really know all of the songs perfect when we went in because I wanted to have a fresh flow of ideas for the final product so before hand, I just kinda studied the riffs and song structure a bit. Once there, it was lots of experimentation and Chinese food at night.

Over all, I am completely happy with the final outcome of the record. The production is very wide, powerful and balls. Drum wise, it was the hardest thing Ive had to do yet because Ive usually been more of an extreme drummer. Arsis, Malevolent Creation, Divine Empire- all bands with the constant, gay, super fast blast beats and crazyness kind of shit. Here it was like "WOOOOOOAH"...relax and fill the time gaps with heart. So thats what I did.....and now that I listen to the whole thing, thats what all of us did. Im not just saying it because Im on the album but damn, its really sick. Beginning to end, it doesnt get boring at all.

Ya, lots. There is a video diary in the works. Ya, Vortex is cool. Recording for me only lasted a week. I showed up to Oslo and about 40ft of snow and pretty much parked my ass in the studio for 7 days. We went to Oslo once for the day. The rest was recording for a good 8hrs a day. I didnt really know all of the songs perfect when we went in because I wanted to have a fresh flow of ideas for the final product so before hand, I just kinda studied the riffs and song structure a bit. Once there, it was lots of experimentation and Chinese food at night.

Over all, I am completely happy with the final outcome of the record. The production is very wide, powerful and balls. Drum wise, it was the hardest thing Ive had to do yet because Ive usually been more of an extreme drummer. Arsis, Malevolent Creation, Divine Empire- all bands with the constant, gay, super fast blast beats and crazyness kind of shit. Here it was like "WOOOOOOAH"...relax and fill the time gaps with heart. So thats what I did.....and now that I listen to the whole thing, thats what all of us did. Im not just saying it because Im on the album but damn, its really sick. Beginning to end, it doesnt get boring at all.

Sounds like a fun time. And now I'm that much more impatient waiting for this album. It's always great to hear about how great a new album is, but the wait definitely becomes much more grueling. :lol:

At Wacken Tyr told me they had filmed a lot of "behind the scenes" footage, and that together with the Wacken show and some other stuff might make it to a DVD. At least I think that's what he meant, I was pretty tired and beaten at the time.

At Wacken Tyr told me they had filmed a lot of "behind the scenes" footage, and that together with the Wacken show and some other stuff might make it to a DVD. At least I think that's what he meant, I was pretty tired and beaten at the time.

Ya, we going to save all the "behind the scenes" stuff for something along that lines. Not quite sure yet exactly if its going to be used in video diary format or on an official DVD but I myself have about 7 hours of footage from practice, Wacken, goofing off, all kinds of stuff so we'll see. haha.

Hey Im new to this forum thing.

Thought that i would load up a picture from Wacken.

index.cfm

Thanks man ... that was the one.it was taken before we went to the signing at Wacken.
im not to great at the this kind of stuff ,ill get there ;)
The new album is amazing, i've heard it a couple of times ...... and it's well worth the wait.