Not open for further replies.

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
I sent this in an email to to both Dans and Bruce to kick it off:

Hey guys,

So I'm making posters for this Sunday.. if everyone is free that day.
Dan R. is making us a list of stores we'll be hitting up near him, NH, maybe some south?
We'll bring cds, posters.. umm our sales caps

Bruce is welcome to come along.. camera if you want? ;)

I'll design the poster to have the NEW shroud split and of ages below it.. the band photo
oak knoll logo.. and maybe we can add whiplash tv - saying you can catch us on there

good promotion for us all..
we can also chat about planning for shroud? oak knoll and other collaboration efforts
and grab some food! I can fit 4 people in my truck semi confortably - or if someone has more comfy space we can maybe pitch in for gas.

so.. feel free to write some plan ideas here or in the forum
I hope Sunday works for us all and the stores are open.
then we can plan RI and CT another time.. i know 3 stores already in those places, Phoenix, Armageddon and Sams
I'll make sure to get the stores info- and we should biz cards!

anyone else have ideas?

-Jeremy

Jeremy R. Bennett
Oak Knoll Productions
Independent extreme metal record label
"deep roots in extreme metal"
www.oak-knoll.com
aim: jrb2971

newbury comics in salem nh manchester nh and danvers
bullmoose in salem
earwax in seabrook hn
guitar center in danvers
daddys in salem nh manchester and peabody
our jamroom haverhill mass
strawberries in plastow nh

I think we might be able to ad another run to the list aside from Northern MA and CT/RI. It would be like Boston and maybe Ari can help. I'll post the poster idea hopefull today. So Dan - they are all open during what times? so we can figure out when to meet at yer house?

Just a heads up, I ended up posting in my own thread by accident (and they say crack doesn't affect your job performance!) what is the plan if the weather becomes a full blown storm this weekend? Also it didn't occur to me that we could/should use my radio show as part of this promo. While my show is obscenely early, I know that approximately 200 - 350 have been downloading this show. Also I will use my contacts with the other area radio stations to help promote our cause - I have contacts at WMBR (MIT) and WZBC (BC) as well as a couple of other outlets!

I'm sure you guys may have already thought about this but do you want to contact the places we're going to show up and say - "Come meet Dan from Shroud etc on Sunday February 12 at noon" Sort of a pre promotional hit before doing the circuit?

how's this for a shroud/oak knoll poster
we can put "see shroud on whiplash tv" if we come up with some kinda logo/banner etc...

split-poster.jpg

I updated the poster (above - double check- same filename) to have the shroud band pic in it..
also check out this.. shroud with a wannabe member at the far right!

bahahaha! I think I took Bill's wording from a while back.. so please feel free to suggest other wording or point out spelling mistakes.. I just went with what Bill graciously came up with :) Thanks B!

Shroud_of_Bearevement_plus_one.jpg

uh...few issues...alot of that stuff is out of date:

our part of the split is just called "Descent" now (and in the song listing, it's misspelled)

the album is produced by Kevin Early (NOT Nathan Witwer)

overall, the poster for shroud looks damn sweet...

Jeremy,

Any consignment information for Bullmoose music needs to be emailed to bullmoosemusic@yahoo.com.

I think we should email bullmoose first and get a contact name.
I went into the bullmoose by my house and my impression was the guys at the front desk don't really have a say in store matters.

I don't mind putting together an email, but I think including some links and other relevant Oak Knoll information will help grab their attention.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Jeremy and Dan - If you guys are up for it, I was thinking about combining the upcoming promo run with the next episode of Whiplashtv. In a nutshell the outline would look like this -

Intro section

two breaks in the show

Show wrap up

I'm writing the script today and will e-mail it to Jeremy. If this weekend doesn't look good then we can do it another time but I figured we could kill two birds with one stone and it won't take too much time to do. Also as for promotion for Shroud, what can I do to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.