kotc sob east coast tour

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
hey i got some new info about the tour.

jeremy rhett was wondering about warblade doing something for the rochester date

also i have cut and pasted some stuff from an email here

Have not heard anything from Will/Oak Knoll regarding Richmond... can you contact him and find out what is the verdict? We need details and need them ASAP.

Have not heard anything from Laurie regarding DC, we might have to find an alternative town for this gig... can you contact Oak Knoll and find out If they have anyone who can help Laurie? I'll do my share of digging also...

so if anyone has info or help ideas please post them here and i was thinking about inviting kotc here for easy access to booking/ifo is that cool Jeremy? you are not on aim at the moment.

I emailed the Brewery in Raliegh about filling the May 12th date..I'm hoping to hear something back soon... If DC doesn't work out, I can fill Richmond/Fredricksburg instead if ya'll want... It's only 1-2 hours away from DC..plus you guys would have places to crash that night...

If you can book Raleigh for the 12th and Richmond for the 13th... please do so...

Dan had acquired Daylight Dies on possibly playing Raleigh... Dan, please contact them and see If they would like to co-headline the gig on the 12th...

I can ask Laurie If she and Todesbonden would like to travel to Richmond to play instead of DC.

Can WITHERSOUL open both these suggested gigs?

Cheers,

Rhett.

Hey all.

Concerning this tour...

I don't want to play Jaxx on a Saturday night again and have to sell tickets.. That ends up leaving not many options.

Either a club is too big like the Black Cat and 9:30 club and would expect a few hundred to come through the door, OR, the club is too small without a decent sound system.

I have tried to contact the Warehouse Next Door and have not gotten a response. But, that is a small place and I am nto sure how good the sound system is (However Kayo Dot seems to go there regularly and they have a large band)

There is a club called DC9 that is a bit bigger but the sound SUCKS BIG FAT ASS and I would have to figure out some way of getting a better PA in there which would be hard on me.

With that said, if you have a better club option for the date that I was offered, go for it. I could keep looking around the area but recently I have been so busy recording albums for Autumn Tears, Ephemeral Sun, Nest, Todesbonden, Solo album etc.. that I just really don't have a lot of time to set up a show actively right now.

If you all are left without a date to fill in that slot I can still try to work something out but I am not able at this present time to be ontop of it as quickly as I should be.

Ari has come up with the suggestion of this one place that a lot of people play in Vienna, called Jammin Java, some sort of coffee house with a decent sound system I suppose (October Project came through there) However I don't know if they have alchohol there (or smoking for you smokers out there..) I have never been there before so I have no idea what it is like. I could however contact that club and see if they are willing to do it.

Just tell me what you want to do.

Best of luck!

WOLFENRVNE said:
If you can book Raleigh for the 12th and Richmond for the 13th... please do so...

Dan had acquired Daylight Dies on possibly playing Raleigh... Dan, please contact them and see If they would like to co-headline the gig on the 12th...

I can ask Laurie If she and Todesbonden would like to travel to Richmond to play instead of DC.

Can WITHERSOUL open both these suggested gigs?

Cheers,

Rhett.

We would totally be up for doing the 13th of May in Richmond.

Ok..the main hitting clubs for metal in Richmond is Nanci Raygun (which was called Twisters when Morgion came through), The Canal Club, and Alleykatz. The Raygun is the most solid bet on getting the show booked (or at least the easier option)..it has a decent smallish stage but it fit Withersoul fit up there with little problems and we have 6 members..., but the PA can be kinda tricky..but they are good people there (i've worked there as a bouncer in the past)
What concerns me with bands like Shroud and Todesboden that have SO much going on musically.. a rough PA might be kinda difficult on you guys and I don't want to short change any of the bands. So I'm going to try for the Canal Club and Alleykatz due to them having better PA's and keep the Raygun as a fall back option... but they are a little trickier to book...but it shouldn't be a problem, since we're booking a good amount of time in advance... If need be, we can book it in Fredricksburg (an hour north of richmond) at KC's..which also is a full sized venue...

So is possibily Daylight Dies going to book the Raleigh gig now? Cool by me if that's the case...

p.s. Jammin Java is also a good option if you guys want to do that option... I don't mind drinking/smoking in the parking lot.. :) DOOM METAL PARKING LOT

Sounds like you got the right idea for Richmond... KotC has only one singer and we dont need any special requirements (other than a working PA...) so If you can find a better gig to accomidate SoB and Todesbonden, please do. I remember the place you speak of and the sound man was a bit of a tard... but I liked the stage... and I got into it with a parking attendant after the gig for parking to load up... good beers on tap... GWAR lives near by... HA HA! I'm easy to please as you can see...

The problem with Raleigh... I've sent word to Daylight Dies in the past seeking a show with them. They have been anything but accomidating to me... Dan talks to them and all of the sudden, they show interest? To be honest, If WITHERSOUL can book a gig in Raleigh I'd prefer it... If after which Daylight Dies wants to jump on... fine, sounds good. My concern is I get a very pretentious attitude from them and worry they expect alot for their participation... that, however I'm not privy too... not at all.

If you think it would be better to play at Lauries Java Joint instead and keep Richmond on friday... please say so... I dont care about the availability of beer... I'll drink in the parking lot, that is a given here in SoCal when beers are $8 at venues...

Withersoul said:
Ok..the main hitting clubs for metal in Richmond is Nanci Raygun (which was called Twisters when Morgion came through), The Canal Club, and Alleykatz. The Raygun is the most solid bet on getting the show booked (or at least the easier option)..it has a decent smallish stage but it fit Withersoul fit up there with little problems and we have 6 members..., but the PA can be kinda tricky..but they are good people there (i've worked there as a bouncer in the past)
What concerns me with bands like Shroud and Todesboden that have SO much going on musically.. a rough PA might be kinda difficult on you guys and I don't want to short change any of the bands. So I'm going to try for the Canal Club and Alleykatz due to them having better PA's and keep the Raygun as a fall back option... but they are a little trickier to book...but it shouldn't be a problem, since we're booking a good amount of time in advance... If need be, we can book it in Fredricksburg (an hour north of richmond) at KC's..which also is a full sized venue...

So is possibily Daylight Dies going to book the Raleigh gig now? Cool by me if that's the case...

p.s. Jammin Java is also a good option if you guys want to do that option... I don't mind drinking/smoking in the parking lot.. :) DOOM METAL PARKING LOT

We only have 6 band members, it really isn't a huge musical challenge and we have played smaller clubs with not the best sound before. So there shouldn't be a problem whereever you set it up.

I am not a club snob by any means, the only time I get snobby about setting up a show with a smaller PA is when I have the responsibility for a touring band coming from far away around and I don't want to shortchange them by setting up a crappy show. So don't let my past comment dicate in any way what club you choose.

What happened to the good ole' 3 piece band? HAHA! Isn't there like 35 members in SoB anyway... maybe we should book a place with an orchestra pit and a podium for Dan to stand on to direct his symphony! HAHA!

Will, book whatever you think works best... the baton has been passed... run with it brother!

R.