Boston promo run! March 4th 10am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jeremy - just an idea for the future. You might consider creating a box or mini stand for Oak Knoll cds for places that let you consign your cds. Just something that makes them stand out a little. Also are you considering any other labels for distribution? I have contacts at Relapse, Red Stream, The End, etc Let me know if you want to use any of these guys. After all what good are contacts if you can't use them?

whiplashtv said:
Hey Jeremy - just an idea for the future. You might consider creating a box or mini stand for Oak Knoll cds for places that let you consign your cds. Just something that makes them stand out a little. Also are you considering any other labels for distribution? I have contacts at Relapse, Red Stream, The End, etc Let me know if you want to use any of these guys. After all what good are contacts if you can't use them?

I have distro with those guys and some more. I'm still kind of waiting to hear back from spv (your contact tara?).
Good idea about the display - I have to think how to make one. Not sure i can make them in time for Sat.

Matt from Nephillim is going to join us, bring you vid camera :) Ari is going also, Sam will be out of town and who from Shroud is going? and Greg from Scourge can meet us at Berklee if we want?

I think Bruce might have... maybe we'll post a list like and plan.
Starting at?? Sommerville , Davis Sq, and then the stores we'll hit.
and where we'll end up..
Goals: 1) put up posters, flyers, free cds? 2) get some OK cds into the stores that let us 3) buy some cool cds maybe sell some cds and vinyl ?? 4) grab food, hang out \m/ did I leave anything out?
Dan - you should make up like 100 cdrs of shroud promos .. i mean i am planning on bringing 200-300 and giving some to Ari for the opeth show in case i don't go.

If everyone wants to meet at Berklee that's fine, we can work our way to Davis sq. This is the proposed plan - feel free to ask for changes

Boston/Berklee starting point All stores below take consignment.
*CD Spins - newbury street
*Looney Tunes - Boylston
*Nuggets - Comm ave
*Looney Tunes - Cambridge
*CD Spins - church street cambridge
*Tower - mt auburn cambridge
*CD Spins - Holland street Somerville

Clubs along the way for Posters These places are mainly for Posters, while the cd stores listed below do not do consignment, they will allow for posters outside of their stores. The clubs below are not comprehensive by any means so if we happen along on a few not listed it couldn't hurt!

Avalon
Axis
Bills Bar
Check BU campus
Check Emerson Campus
Check MIT campus
TT's
Middle East
In Your Ear - cd store
Planet Records - cd store
Newbury comics

Jeremy - I got through to the consignment dept however they are not taking any consignments in the near future. The have to redo this department because of several issues - They haven't been keeping proper track of the inventory and this has caused a lot of issues because they don't know how much they owe to whom. They also can't account for the inventory they have for their own reporting. Which by the way is one of the problems NOT using soundscan causes. Needless to say the best we can come up with for the moment is to just leave comp and posters at their door. We should revisit Newbury comics in June or July to see if they get this back and running. I know they can't let it go for too long.

That's great info above in the list Bruce. So top down it's from Berklee and then out to Davis? can you put like and asterix on the ones that do consignment? I'm sure you can just click on the edit button to add this. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.