Boston promo run! March 4th 10am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That works for me. Suggestions... like some selling points? I can brainstorm on some ideas later on. I'm going to try to call places today during lunch. Also Bruce said he's help us make a Boston trip in the weeks to come. So we'll have the northern mass campaign, RI & CT, and Boston.

Bruce, that sounds like a plan. I'd like to get your info and new logo for you for the poster. We''ll pimp out the radio and tv show. We can even do up some video footage or radio stuff. Whatever you need from us. I'm sure Shroud and I are up for it. I also think we can do up a bunch of radio plugs.. like shroud excerpt and dan saying something... kinda like the ones I sent you before from my past online radio show. I can easily get you some funny overseas ones also. Sound like we should put some time aside for a planning meeting while we meet up next Saturday. I'm planning on spending the whole day up there myself.

nah, i didn't make it.. wife is feeling sick
and it's a haul.. plus i'll be up there sat 11am.. all you guys ready?
check out the latest poster - I added Bruce's banners.. hope they aren't too small

split-poster.jpg

Oak Knoll said:
nah, i didn't make it.. wife is feeling sick
and it's a haul.. plus i'll be up there sat 11am.. all you guys ready?
check out the latest poster - I added Bruce's banners.. hope they aren't too small

split-poster.jpg

the title of "descent" in withersoul's track listing is still spelled wrong

One more time for the retard - what is the game plan for this weekend? I know northern ma for tomorrow, was the plan to hit Boston for Monday? Let me know either way. There are some stores I haven't added to the database yet because I'm not sure if you already have them or not I'll list them, just tell me if I should add.

Newbury comics - Boston, Cambridge (both fresh pond & harvard square)
In Your Ear - Boston Commonwealth Ave
Nuggets - I still need to see if they're around.
Mojo's

Should we bother with
Guitar Center
Daddy's
Tower
HMV
Looney Tunes both Boston and Cambridge (used record stores)
Disc Diggers both Davis Square & harvard square

whiplashtv said:
One more time for the retard - what is the game plan for this weekend? I know northern ma for tomorrow, was the plan to hit Boston for Monday? Let me know either way. There are some stores I haven't added to the database yet because I'm not sure if you already have them or not I'll list them, just tell me if I should add.

Newbury comics - Boston, Cambridge (both fresh pond & harvard square)
In Your Ear - Boston Commonwealth Ave
Nuggets - I still need to see if they're around.
Mojo's

Should we bother with
Guitar Center
Daddy's
Tower
HMV
Looney Tunes both Boston and Cambridge (used record stores)
Disc Diggers both Davis Square & harvard square

Nuggets is still around, by kenmore square.
Tower is now Virgin.
there's also CD Spins a couple doors down from Newbury Comics in Boston, Strawberries in Downtown Crossing, and i think there might be another place at/near Quincy Market

Thanks for the nuggets info, I had forgotten Virgin but there is a tower in harvard square. I don't know about strawberries my own personal bias - I really hate them but if you guys feel they're worth the trip, I can put the info in.

I'm not sure when we are doing Boston.. maybe next weekend. Since I have to work Monday. But yes, put all those places in there. Nuggets! wow.. i haven't heard that name in years.. I am wasn't talking about getting kicked in the nuggets either.
I'm going to bring 20 11x17 posters tomorrow, tons of OK cds, tons of hand out cds/free comps, and maybe i can even make a holder for them
I didn't call anyone else today.. been too busy at work

I was gonna be at Dan Robinson's at 11am tomorrow.. who else will be there?

Jeremy - I'm completely up for next saturday, so we don't waste anytime do you need me to call the area stores to see what their policies are? Also if you could let me know what I need to tell the stores that would be great. I"m guessing that I can also refer to the e-mail you cc'ed us on last week. Either way just let me know.

that would be great.. do you need that list you entered? anything in cambridge, sommerville, and maybe boston? use your descretion.
We can bring posters, free sampler cds, and i can bring oak knoll cds for consignment or straight sale. I think it's gonna be me, you, Ari, Dan R, i'm not sure about Dan C.

Hey Jeremy - heres the score

You should call Newbury comics at the following number on Thursday 617.254.1666 x-365 They handle all the consignment materials

CD Spins will take consignment They will take 1.99 per cd and you can charge what you want, they require 3 cds. This is great considering we can hit most if not all of their stores.

In Your Ear will not take them.

Planet Records does not take them.

Tower Records will be calling me back.

More to come -- DON'T FORGET TO CALL NEWBURY'S THURSDAY!

whiplashtv said:
Hey Jeremy - heres the score

You should call Newbury comics at the following number on Thursday 617.254.1666 x-365 They handle all the consignment materials

CD Spins will take consignment They will take 1.99 per cd and you can charge what you want, they require 3 cds. This is great considering we can hit most if not all of their stores.

In Your Ear will not take them.

Planet Records does not take them.

Tower Records will be calling me back.

More to come -- DON'T FORGET TO CALL NEWBURY'S THURSDAY!

Virgin megastore no
Mojos no

Nuggets - Yes you can charge what you want as long as they get 20%

All the no's are from new cd stores.. right? the used cds stores are saying yes? mostly? and we're covering all of mass ave and parts of boston as well? like whatever you feel is appropriate? sommerville?
I think Matt from Deathintheforest.com/Nephillim wants to join with us Sat and also Ari.

Status
Not open for further replies.