Brutal Thrash

+ the first Invocator, most of Protector's stuff (especially Urm the Mad), Slaughter in the Vatican, Spectrum of Death, The Awakening, Devastation's Signs of Life and Idolatry, and Necrodeath's Fragments of Insanity.

... some great ones already mentioned.

Sadus and early Sepultura are a must.

Oh and make sure to check out Ripping Corpse - Dreaming WIth the Dead and Chemical Breath's Fatal Exposure .... those are closer to straight up death/thrash though.

and maybe Infernal Majesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find the production on Infernal Majesty's None Shall Defy to be very brutal at all, for me, but Sadus and Sepultura are good recs.

I have a ton of thrash in my library, but I'm not sure what you mean by brutal thrash. Brutal lyrics? Technicality? Vocal style? All of the above?

I have a ton of thrash in my library, but I'm not sure what you mean by brutal thrash. Brutal lyrics? Technicality? Vocal style? All of the above?

Probably just anything particularly heavy/fast/aggressive within thrash, like the three albums he mentioned, but without going too far into death metal territory in terms of riff-style.

Do bands like Warbringer, Fueled by Fire, Exmortus count? Violator? All fast and aggressive.

Also I'll 2nd Chemical Breath, Sadus, Invocator and Devastation.

Check out Attomica - Disturbing the Noise album and Deathraiser - Violent Aggression.

Solstice

Aspid

Probably just anything particularly heavy/fast/aggressive within thrash, like the three albums he mentioned, but without going too far into death metal territory in terms of riff-style.
This ^

If you compare this to say Metallica, Anthrax, Exodus or Megadeth, it's harder hitting, faster, and fucking VIOLENT. Same goes with early Dark Angel.

Coroner:

Znowhite ("Act Of God")

Sacrilege ("Behind The Realms Of Madness")

Détente:

Holy Moses: