BUSH + 40 BELLADONNA - 1

Jun 2, 2002
Chicago area
Visit site
In 1992 John Bush had to learn a big hand full of songs he had never preformed live. At his first show he hit those songs note for note. From that point on he sang songs he had no part in wrighting, night in and night out. He did not skip a beat, or miss a step. For 13+ years he did not miss a word, Yet Joey cant get the words right to the one and "ONLY" Bush song in the new set? That to me shows Zero class on the part of Joey. "Im at both ends of the spectrum, your somewhere in the between, I Come Clean!":fu:

Bush needed to sing Joey era songs, Joey doesnt need to sing Bush era songs.

Bingo!

And if John Bush got fired from Anthrax and another singer came in and played with them for 15 years and then they asked John Bush to come back I am sure he wouldn't be too down to sing the singer the hired to replace hims songs.

I don't blame Joey one bit. They were assholes and fired him when Anthrax was in their prime. Now they want him to sing the replacement singers songs live? I am sure enough is enough.

Only is a garbage song anyways. Was that song that ruined Anthrax imo. So I am glad he doesn't sing it right. Hopefully they will play Gridlock, Skeletons or something cool in it's place!

Bingo!

And if John Bush got fired from Anthrax and another singer came in and played with them for 15 years and then they asked John Bush to come back I am sure he wouldn't be too down to sing the singer the hired to replace hims songs.

I don't blame Joey one bit. They were assholes and fired him when Anthrax was in their prime. Now they want him to sing the replacement singers songs live? I am sure enough is enough.

Only is a garbage song anyways. Was that song that ruined Anthrax imo. So I am glad he doesn't sing it right. Hopefully they will play Gridlock, Skeletons or something cool in it's place!

Hopefully they mix up their setlist in the future. They have so much material and many fan favorites to play from but stick to the "hits".

In 1992 John Bush had to learn a big hand full of songs he had never preformed live. At his first show he hit those songs note for note. From that point on he sang songs he had no part in wrighting, night in and night out. He did not skip a beat, or miss a step. For 13+ years he did not miss a word, Yet Joey cant get the words right to the one and "ONLY" Bush song in the new set? That to me shows Zero class on the part of Joey. "Im at both ends of the spectrum, your somewhere in the between, I Come Clean!":fu:

That's what makes Joey cool,he doesn't try and copy,he's pleasing himself

What is this thread and it's idiocy

also bullshit on hitting every note perfectly, because Bush can't do Deathrider or Metal Thrashing Mad for shit

What is this thread and it's idiocy

also bullshit on hitting every note perfectly, because Bush can't do Deathrider or Metal Thrashing Mad for shit

Or just about any Joey era song for that matter. Johns voice isn't meant to hit the notes Joey could hit. That Anthrax Cover band album he was on The Greater of 2 Evils proved that.

Just as Joey probably wouldn't be able to sing some of the same notes John Bush did on the amazing albums like Volume 8 and Stomp lol

Or just about any Joey era song for that matter. Johns voice isn't meant to hit the notes Joey could hit. That Anthrax Cover band album he was on The Greater of 2 Evils proved that.

Just as Joey probably wouldn't be able to sing some of the same notes John Bush did on the amazing albums like Volume 8 and Stomp lol

Toast to the Extras with Joey = :yuk:

ANTHRAX MOSHER hit it right !!

and

Hey!! nobody is touching TOAST!!
A "heart wrenching" song about being lonely & out while mingling and talking shit with total stranger in a bar..how low can you go?? Joey is FAARR too happy to do such sad sad song

and

let us quote some funny lines from their song shall we..
" I CHANGE BY STAYING THE SAME"

Who cares at this point really. The rest of the band knows very well that Joey is a terrible singer, always has been, but on the other hand he's the only one who can not save but keep the sinking ship from drowning. In early 90's Anthrax were on their prime and actually had a fanbase so they had to care. These days they only get 30 minutes opening slots on nostalgia tours and it ain't gonna change.

BLB's totally on the money. Only is nearly 20 years old. He's been asked to sing it and agreed to do it - Get it the fuck right.

Hell - Am I Evil...... you'd think, but no. There's posts and blogs all over the net saying "how fucking hard is it.... etc etc"..... And he sings what - 4 lines????!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. Love Joey.....glad he's back (what other choice did they have anyway).... but if you're going to sing a song, sing it right. End of story.

You are going to gripe about Joey getting lyrics wrong on stage and you can not even get performed correct?

Here's a hint: you perform on stage, not preform. What the hell is preform anyway? To form something beforehand?

As far as the original idiotic topic goes: John had to get the Joey stuff correct because that was the stuff everyone wanted to hear. Joey doesn't because no one really cares.

People go to Anthrax shows to hear the classics. I am the Law. Caught in a Mosh. Indians. The list goes on but it doesn't include any Bush-era tracks. Because no one cares about them.

The number of fans who want to hear Bush-era songs at an Anthrax concert is roughly the same as Anthrax's fan base during the Bush era. In other words its very, very small. Practically non-existent.

They could do 'Safe Home' with Joey, don't think that would sound too bad. Just change the Bush songs up a little so they fit Joey's voice better.

Some of us Anthrax fans LIKE the fucking Bush songs too, so yeah, he SHOULD sing the fucking songs. What's the fuckin problem?

Nice to see you back Buddy LB .

Honestly, if they had to do a Bush era song, I'd rather they do "Poison My Eyes." It's probably the best song of that era and the closest to "classic" Anthrax.

Oh, and they WRITE songs, not WRIGHT songs. If you're going to bitch about someone not singing songs correctly at least have the decency to spell it all out correctly.

Poison My Eyes is a good song but honestly too long and the vocals start somewhere in the middle of it, I can see why they never (?) played it live.

You are going to gripe about Joey getting lyrics wrong on stage and you can not even get performed correct?

Here's a hint: you perform on stage, not preform. What the hell is preform anyway? To form something beforehand?

As far as the original idiotic topic goes: John had to get the Joey stuff correct because that was the stuff everyone wanted to hear. Joey doesn't because no one really cares.

People go to Anthrax shows to hear the classics. I am the Law. Caught in a Mosh. Indians. The list goes on but it doesn't include any Bush-era tracks. Because no one cares about them.

The number of fans who want to hear Bush-era songs at an Anthrax concert is roughly the same as Anthrax's fan base during the Bush era. In other words its very, very small. Practically non-existent.

Much of your reply was about a spelling mistake. If that's all you have to offer to the discussion, fuck off.