Can anybody give me bands that sound like Wintersun?

WinterSuSan84

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2007
Concord, NH
I know of Ensiferum & Children of Bodom, but are there any other amazing bands out there beside these two? I've tried getting in to bands that have less of a symphonic sound, and it all sounded like a turkey dancing in the rain. Gobble gobble, giblet this, giblet that. Very sophomoric to say the least. :)

- Susan

Seriously who the fuck is this bitch?!? I'm guessing one of you guys made this troll fake account and are throwing my name out there to cover your tracks! Swizzle, Dorian, Wolf?

troll.gif

or

Fake.

I'm Suspiria's friend Susan from CT. Those pictures on my myspace page were taken at my cousin's quinceanera last summer. She was the reason why I flew out there, but I decided to stay for several months to soak up the Cali sun. Don't hate the playette, hate the game! I hardly go on myspace and never bothered to change the locale. Big whoop, you guys can stop pretending I'm a fake, and begin oogling my assets like normal sex crazed teeny boppers.

Losers!

Hold, I'm going to do some investigative work and get to the bottom of this! I'm tired of being besmirched!

I shall be honoured to act as your Dr. Watson, Senor Holmes! Perhaps you should perform a search on this Royal Carnage board to show you all past uses of the word "rotund". Methinks you may be able to deduce a pattern, and thence, discover the true identity of the dastardly culprit!

Wattsy

O.K You got me. Very nice work with concrete evidence to support your claim! I'm simply shocked that nobody else in the 4+ years of Royal Carnage has used the word "rotund", yet I've used it about half a dozen times. WEEEEEEEEIRDZORSSSS

-Michael Moore

-All the liberals on street corners that think honking a horn will bring a dead soldier back to life

-Metalheads who think they are tough and evil

-Deron

-Impatient Drivers who are in a hurry to go nowhere

- THe morbidly rotund

-Santa (See Above)

-The protestors who didn't wish to see Tookie Fry

-Tookie williams dead rotting corpse

-The homeless on skid row

And last but not least

-Whoever made this thread (too lazy to look)

Edit- NM lizard made it ...I <3 thee

I can't understand why people let their weight stumble out of control. Aside from an aesthetic stand point. Do these dignataries of donut dunking care about their health? Bloody aye, they get to to the point where they have lost all sense of mobility. When you get out of breath from answering the doorbell. You have a problem.

How about all the slimy sluts who pack on the pounds after they have had a boyfriend for awhile. They get all comfortable in the relationship and allow themselves to become rotund balls of refuse. Then after the break up, they hit the gym so they can be pretty enough to hook another sucker. Tis a vicious cycle.

But to answer the question...I'd vote NO. Fat people have enough problems, without having to pay double for airline tickets. Plus, all the anorexic's would be seeking a discount.

I havent threatened to kick anyone's ass. It wouldn't even get that far as I'd be witnessing nothing other than the yellow stripe that runs down your backs (which also match the shades of your teeth) as you all run away in sheer terror. You fucking pussies arent about shit. If a band threw a severed pig head at any one of you you'd run for the exit fearing that your mother was decapitated and desecrated. You fatfucks need to go watch the movie "Supersize" and realize what your doing to your arteries! Hopefully my insults are making you break out in cold sweats which will result in burned calories! One can only hope that something good will come from this post gone array. And if my banter along with the physical exertion it takes for your fat pudgy fingers to strike the keys of the keyboard in retaliation is enough of a fat burning form of calisthenics to slim down your rotund bread-baskets. Then you should not be insulting me, but Thanking me!

This mainly goes out to you guardian of grated cheese. I've seen your pics. And ummm...Jarrod from Subway sends his regards.

Just got back from this gig about an hour ago. Overall I'll give it a 5/10. Katatonia performed to perfection, as did Moonspell. Yet something was severely lacking from the atmosphere. It didn't have a big time feel. We arrived at around 7pm and noticed a disgusting line out front of the whisky a-gay-gay. This lead us to head in the opposite direction and go to amoeba music, which to our dismay, but not our surprise, was riddled with cancerous humanity. After a handful of minutes we high tailed it out of that Emoporium and treaded onward to the venue. As we arrived for the second time we noticed Keen of the Crow on the side of the street with some of their gear. Obviously we had missed their performance. First band up was Amon Isis of Hoboken Chile, meh meh meh. The lead singer was a girl who had her tampon on too tight. Broad couldn't shut her trap long enough to chew on a sandwich, yet at the same time she was quite appealing on the eyes. She may have received indifference as opposed to animosity if she would lay off the between song chit chat and not be OCD about her britches. Her damn leather pants kept on sagging past her navel and she obsessively pulled at them like an eager beaver. Half way in to the set came her partner for duel vocals, a rather rotund ragamuffin wearing an outfit that would commonly be seen at a burlesque show. Bah big thumbs down on this one.

Several minutes later we run in to Metal Amy of Heathen Crusade fame. We asked her if she was going to the second annual in which she replied "I'm going to try." We smelled her void of halitosis rose petal fragranced breath and voyaged to the merchandise table. I myself picked up a nice plain logo Moonspell shirt, along with a Katatonia hoodie. Prices were a little steep, but what can ye do?

Afterwards, we hiked on back to the car to drop off our goods and take a nice soothing piss in a stairwell. A homeless african american will have a pleasant slumber tonight. As we returned we caught the final song of Daylight Dies and began to notice that our backs were no longer up to the tedious task of standing around for hours on end watching bands perform. At this moment I wish I was at the theaters watching Borat. Oh well. Anyhow, out come Katatonia to a thunderous ovation, as overweight gothic chicks and 4 ft 11 inch tall long haired mexicans who look like Chilean strippers threw up the horns in jubilation. I in bewilderment, stood idly by grimacing that I must be surrounded by such disgusting gothic filth. Can people just dress like normal human beings for fuck sakes?!?! I seen a 300lb profanity doppleganger, dawning mascera and wearing tribal hair patterns. His head looked as if his barber had down syndrome. I wish a stillbirth upon his offspring, if he is ever fortunate to land a fellow disproportioned switchblade symphony loving locklear of the night. But I digress, Katatonia came on and played to perfection for a good 10+ jams. 90% of the material came from the Great Cold Distance and Viva Emptiness. May I announce that Blackheim is a fucking God among men. I was seriously enthralled by his guitar mastery and backing vocals that awoke the dead in the neighboring "Rock Hudson Celebrity Cemetary for the disenfranchised". I could of went for some more material from yesteryear, but obviously the new era fans needed to be catered to.

Moonspell was quite nice. Fernando has excellent stage presence. He figuratively grabs you by the balls and commands your attention. The setlist was a big step up from when I seen them tour with Opeth, due largely in part to the addition of several tunes from their latest high quality offering "Memorial". Pretty decent gig. I'll give the music a 9/10, atmosphere a 2/10, people a big fat negative 2. The lowest common denominator was in attendance tonight. Hey I'm not trying to get on my high horse and come off as some sort of high brow bloke, but I am a cultured culturalist and know a douchebag when I see one. So take my word for it.

I'd like to also give A big hearty F U to the security staff who acted like nazis pushing myself and several others out of the way to bully two good blokes who were simply resting on the floor between sets. If you're in Los Angeles, and are within the sight of my typed words, stay away from the Whiskey. Shit hole with a capital corn!

When the hot nun was riding Artie Lange's rotund ratatouille I became overcome with anxiety.

I LOVE BEER.

P.S Frank you don't look like Profanity.You resemble a rotund Norwegian God of the night!!!

LIFE <# >4 <3

I'm simply shocked that nobody else in the 4+ years of Royal Carnage has used the word "rotund"

The fact that everyone else around here has the vocabulary of a toad shocks you?

I didn't actually look at the specific list of items that you have declared "rotund" until now. It would make for either a terrible list of band names, or a thoroughly disgusting scavenger hunt!

- THe morbidly rotund
- rotund balls of refuse
- rotund bread-baskets
- rotund ragamuffin
- rotund ratatouille
- rotund Norwegian

Neil

I'm surprised no one suspected another Jerry/Cara job when both names started appearing on the browsing list :p

And WTF Jerry, I made that AIM sn for nothing and now it can't even be used? :(

Good times. I love being vegan! :lol: