Bands similar to CoB?

Kritic

Dec 26, 2007
Please suggest some bands that sound like Children Of Bodom, specifically the vocals. I've already heard of Wintersun, Norther, Skyfire, Kalmah. New to the forum, sorry if this thread is a fuck up.

:kickass:

Sentenced is really NOTHING like CoB... At all. Check out Imperanon. I don't know.

Some really amazing bands that you'll LOVE if you like Bodom are:

Insomnium
Shade Empire
Compos Mentis
Zonaria
Mors Principium Est

Be sure to check all these bands out.

Sentenced

They did a cover of The Trooper and everyone thought it was CoB covering The Trooper cause they sound so alike.

I might be wrong (just trusting to my memory which is know to fail sometimes...) but Sentenced did that the Trooper cover around 1993, how can every one thought it was COB cover. There was no keyboards either, I think :err:.

Ensiferum (Jari Maenpaa's band prior to forming Wintersun) is musically similar in places, and the screaming is either like that of Wintersun or Norther depending on which album you're listening to, seeing as how Petri Lindroos replaced Jari in 2004.

Biggest CoB rip off i've ever heard was Naildowns first album, first time I heard it I thought it was Alexi. But try Cadacross - Corona Borealis and some of the later Graveworm stuff as well.

Biggest CoB rip off i've ever heard was Naildowns first album, first time I heard it I thought it was Alexi. But try Cadacross - Corona Borealis and some of the later Graveworm stuff as well.

I wouldn't say Graveworm is similar to CoB, but they're still kickass :kickass:

If what you want is just the vocal style nothing, but if you digg the guitars too check Sinergy, Alexi's other band. Not that has a lot to do with COB musically, but is Alexi's style.

Thanks for the replies guys. Heartless, you introduced me to 5 kickass bands. Naildown is kickass, too.

If anybody has any other suggestions, they're welcome.

made of hate, blood stain child, norther, kalmah...... probably made of hate

l_9aa51ba52bac12fc40604941bef2bbab.jpg