• Carcass

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters

The Somberlain

Dissector
Sep 1, 2001
A saucerful of secrets
Visit site
Which of these two gore/death metal legends do you prefer?

mindmunch.gif

Oh wow...Cannibal Corpse are so damn good...but Carcass...Carcass win for me easily. Heartwork...that album is amazing. Ken Owen...what a drummer! And that Bill Steer person *glares angrily at his poster of Bill*...I respect that man's musicianship so much I start to hate him...if you know what I mean. Not to take anything from CC...but Carcass win.

The way of Carcass is the way of unstopable progress in techics and melody from album to an album: all their releases from grindcore to death are interesting and often innovative, videos - interesting and beautiful(especially "No love is lost" and "Heartwork"). The way of Cannibal Corpse is progress till "The Bleeding", and then musical degradation. On "The Bleeding" there are very different songs, you can remember every song apart from others (later albs are like mire: one big deathmetal tracks), there is even acoustic part ! And I think Corpsegrinder is a lamb near Chris Barnes.
Btw, Chris just recorded song with Ice-T. "It's not fuckin' rap, Ice-T wrote braincrushing lyrics, I loved it and we recorded this song. It's a big honor for me to work with Ice-T"-he said. I consider rap apiece of shit, and I hope, it is really not fuckin' rap.

Carcass of course!

Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious is one of the all time great death metal masterpieces!! Lets see if I can remember the track listing off the top of my head

Inpropigation
Corpsal Jigsore Quandary
Pedigree Butchery**
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Lavaging Expectorate with Lysergic Acid
Carneous Cacaphony**

That's all I got right now
There are no weak spots on that album, but ** indicate my favorites

Cannbial Cropse is mindless headbanging music while Carcass has some thought behind it all. Heartwork is the greatest.

Cheers.