cant wait

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
haha...seriously, i like bloodbath...it's just easy listening stuff...

thats fine, but i dont see what any of this has to do with In Absentia being a boring release, and being able to like Bloodbath, which might be the most boring attempt at old school swedish death metal ive heard in a long time.

Bloodbath is fucking fun feel-good death metal.. and it's more accessible than most straight up DM, so it's one of the DM bands I listen to more often than most. I'm not really into death metal as much anymore, black has been much more appealing lately...

IAmEternal said:
Bloodbath is fucking fun feel-good death metal.. and it's more accessible than most straight up DM, so it's one of the DM bands I listen to more often than most. I'm not really into death metal as much anymore, black has been much more appealing lately...

you have yet to explain why in absentia is boring...and not just another "feel good" album like bloodbath.

I think Lady, Shroud, and IAmEternal need to all say one thing nice about the other person.....

I didn't find either Porcupine Tree or Bloodbath to be boring, I think Porcupine Tree is way better, but Bloodbath never tried to be original, they were just a tribute. To bad you couldn't have Dan Swano and Mikael Akerfeldt writing a very original album together. That would be truely great in my book. IT COULD HAVE BEEN truely grim and evil, and totally original. Instead IT WAS fast and powerful, and totaly a tribute.

ethereallights said:
Personally, I can't wait to hear the new Porcupine Tree album, and I hope Mikael Akerfeldt puts on a standing ovation worthy performance, which he will. I know Steve Wilson will not let me down.

Mikael Åkerfeldt

Sodomy is about the worst way to describe a band, unless it's aaron carter....... I hope he dies, and I also hope the whole Disney Channel dies along with the new Nickelodean, THE OLD REIGNS SUPREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding? The Disney Channel rules, Lissy Mcguire all the way.

As for the new PT I am very excited for it. I really liked "In Absentia" but not more than "Stupid Dream" still a very good release in my opinion.

Another album I can't wait for is the new Bjork album "Medúlla" due August 31st, and also the new Mastodon "Leviathan" ALSO due August 31st! (-sorry, I know it's not opeth related, my apologies, no need to discuss them, or to quote the terms and policies...)

oooh! reply #41, silent Dave Matthews Band tribute, kickass!

What's porcupine tree like...I think I've heard like one song from them a long time ago....will mikael be growling on them or will he be singing in clean vocal

Gunhaver said:
akerfeldt strictly does death metal vocals with porcupine tree. afterall, akerfeldt's vision when he created porcupine tree was to "slaughter the balls off of every DM band out there"

in summary: you're an idiot :)

unecessary...but i laughed. :D