Car Thread

For the hell of it I took two new pics of my Lancer:

264224_10150248626281381_504266380_7581459_7463423_n.jpg

271186_10150248625621381_504266380_7581454_1368128_n.jpg

I just test drove a Volkswagen R32 yesterday. That car is fucking awesome, wow. It has a 3.2L V6 with VW's 4motion AWD. It hugs corners like there is no tomorrow, especially for a little car that is so damn heavy. And I was blown away by the stock exhaust sound. It seriously sounds like an aftermarket Borla or something similar. Crazy shit. I mean, I knew about the car, but I never thought I'd like it this much.

Btw, for those who don't know, the R32 is a limited edition hatchback that resembles the GTI as far as body is concerned. Most people wouldn't recognize them from an ordinary GTI. I could probably get a used one for around $22-24k. I wouldn't pay any more than that though. This would save me at least $4000 compared to the A4, but that A4 I test drove was nasty. ughhhhhhhh what to do?!

0702_z+2007_volkswagen_rabbit_r32+front.jpg

b44496285.jpg

Old as hell pic of my father's 65 ford custom. He bought the car, I bought the sound system and drive it. :D
I'll have to get some new pics of it tommorow.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Don't ride the clutch, don't dump the clutch, don't smash the gas, smooth is fast.

Starting from a dead stop is the hardest part about driving a manual. When you practice, I always tell my friends to treat the gas and clutch as equals. Give just as much gas as you let off the clutch, make them both work equally. If you don't use much gas than you do clutch by dumping the clutch, it's rough on the transmission and will make your ride really annoying and jerky. If you slowly let off the clutch while revving the engine you're wasting gas and straining the clutch more than necessary which will wear your clutch down faster.

Again, use the clutch and gas 50/50 to start. While you're already driving shifting is easy as hell.

Bought an 02 RSX Type S to be my commuter vehicle. Has over 200k miles on it but the interior is well taken care of. The only Jackie Chan wtf? moment is wondering why one or both of the previous two owners did not invest in some all season floor mats, at least for the driver side if nothing else. In an otherwise immaculate interior, two heel holes worn right straight through to the metal flooring.

AC needs recharge and or repair, hopefully just recharge. Needs new front brake pads/rotors at least (shake on heavy braking), and probably new plugs, as it seems a little un-smooth in the low side of low gears.

The good stuff: K&N Typhoon intake added. I am assuming it has KONI suspension upgrade, because it has an adjustment knob in the glovebox. Have not been able to fully check it out. Bose system sounds outstanding. Looks like no one but a driver basically ever sat in it.

Have not had a car with acceleration like this before. My trucks engine dwarfs this but the weight also dwarfs it, so it's not very agile. Already a ton of fun.

-waits for KR to comment-

No way in hell right now, but I would love to have one of these cars, especially the Ford Fusion.

2013 Ford Fusion
2013-Ford-Fusion-passengers-side-three-quarters-623x389.jpg

2013 Lexus LS460
2013_lexus_ls-460_sedan_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

2013 Infiniti M37
2013-infiniti-m37.png

edit: forget the dumb question if you read it.

King's BMW pic (in the pics thread) inspired me to post a pic of a car I can afford, heh.

I really like this Car
98 Nissan Maxima

Bought a new/old car. It's a 1977 HX Holden Premier wagon. 308 V8 motor with brand new extractors and dual exhaust and turbo 700 4spd transmission. Runs on LPG. Bought off an old guy who had been restoring it for a year. Even thought it's old it's got power steering, air con, etc. It's a joy to drive and makes a really good noise when I put my foot down. I feel like Mad Max driving this thing.

IMG_1597Medium_zps7302659f.jpg

IMG_1596Medium_zps67e68bff.jpg

IMG_1598Medium_zpsfa9bf598.jpg

It still needs a few things done and some trim stuck back on and I'm looking into getting the seats retrimmed and toying with the idea of lowering it, but the guy who had it has done all the hard stuff.

HUQaSkg.jpg

KkQgFqE.jpg

8ZGsFjk.jpg

@Baroque, just for you babe.
Not a fan of the vette but the others are pretty tough. I'm not huge on modernising old cars though. How about some pics of your actual car? I'm keen to see it.

Bought a new/old car. It's a 1977 HX Holden Premier wagon. 308 V8 motor with brand new extractors and dual exhaust and turbo 700 4spd transmission. Runs on LPG. Bought off an old guy who had been restoring it for a year. Even thought it's old it's got power steering, air con, etc. It's a joy to drive and makes a really good noise when I put my foot down. I feel like Mad Max driving this thing.

IMG_1597Medium_zps7302659f.jpg

IMG_1596Medium_zps67e68bff.jpg

IMG_1598Medium_zpsfa9bf598.jpg

It still needs a few things done and some trim stuck back on and I'm looking into getting the seats retrimmed and toying with the idea of lowering it, but the guy who had it has done all the hard stuff.
My wagon has changed a fair bit since then:

IMG_5330 (2).JPG IMG_5357.jpg IMG_3091 (2).JPG
IMG_2749.JPG