Car Thread

:lol:
41ZJyjVyc8L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Well, yes, a modified '68 Corvette with semi-slicks could beat a stock '68 Charger on a drag strip. Thanks for stating the obvious. I would bet, however, that a stock '68 Charger could beat a stock '68 Corvette on a drag strip.

hmmm, so you're saying the slicks are what decides who wins? :lol::lol::lol: you guys just keep getting better and better.

And how in the world do you know what those cars have under their hoods for you to claim one is stock and one isnt?

A 68 Vette with the stock RPO L88 engine pumps out 560 brake horsepower, far more than any dodge from that year and would annihilate ANY stock charger. And lets just say that Vette is a 69, the stock RPO L71 engine pushes 435hp and 460lb-ft torque. The stock charger from that year only ups it by 5hp and 10-15lb-ft torque, but also weighs a few thousand pounds more than that vette. Which is exactly why it will NOT beat the vette in a straight line, around the track or anywhere else. Same goes for todays Dodges, they all top their competition by a few hp, but they weigh much more and almost always lose on the drag strip when lined up next to Camaros and Mustangs, let alone Vette's :lol:

I would take that bet ANY DAY.

Last edited:
68 Vette vs 68 Charger

this really doesnt mean shit, because we dont now what those cars have under their hoods. Vette had a shitty launch but still took it. But hey, a win is a win.

Here's a 69 Camaro(same engine as the monster Vettes from that year, but a heavier car) beating a 68 Charger ...

All that being said, the 68 Charger is my favorite Dodge, with that sexy ass rear-end.

looking into buying a 2008 Honda Accord coupe but not sure if I should go V6 or 4, any recs?

oh also, is 160,000 miles too much ya think? Car is in good condition but I'm just not sure how long for

@King Richard What make/model? I actually like vans(although i'd much rather just go with a proper sized SUV) ... except for all these shitty mercedes vans that have starting popping up everywhere here like its fucking europe or something.

i love watching ZL1's destroy mopar

Last edited:
looking into buying a 2008 Honda Accord coupe but not sure if I should go V6 or 4, any recs?

oh also, is 160,000 miles too much ya think? Car is in good condition but I'm just not sure how long for

160K? bro do NOT touch that car.

If its just a daily driver, than a V4 would do. I personally wont/cant drive a four banger, they just dont feel right to me.

Depends on how well the former owner took care of it and whether or not you're trying to go cheap. If you're only looking to spend two grand, then sure.

... yeah, that's definitely too much. Or maybe i just dont now how much used hondas go for nowadays. But i know you can find 2012 Hyundai Sonatas and Kia Optimas with half the mileage for the same price as that car, or even less. I'd personally go for a 2010-13 Impala(im staying in the same mid-sized class), which you can again find newer for cheaper

yeah that's clean. But it's still a Buick. Chevy and Pontiac are where its at as far as GM muscle goes.

Speaking of Buick, i really like most of their recent models. And as far as a soft/smooth rides go, nothing touch's Buick, not it's GM brethren Cadillac, not Lincoln ... nobody.

And they have also been trying to put together a killer 400+HP RWD coupe
https://www.google.com/search?q=bui...ved=0ahUKEwiZ9MyPn8HSAhXJyyYKHUsvBEEQ_AUIBigB