CHAOS RIDDEN YEARS - STOCKHOLM KNOCKOUT LIVE DVD / 2CD

I should have got mine yesterday because it was pushed back to the 30th but the shop didn't even have it in yet. They're only ordering 1 copy and that's for me because I reserved it. If I hadn't, I'd probably be waiting forever. Fuck.

Ok so I listened to CRY and TW and I must say that TW is alot better IMO, not sloppy at all, great voice, great guitar tone and the whole band just performs almost perfect, and I think that Alexander was more "clean" to his playing than Roope..Yeah Roope is really good but he do unnessecery guitar stuff alot and I don`t like Silent night, Bodom night at CRY.

-Merrild- said:
Ok so I listened to CRY and TW and I must say that TW is alot better IMO, not sloppy at all, great voice, great guitar tone and the whole band just performs almost perfect, and I think that Alexander was more "clean" to his playing than Roope..Yeah Roope is really good but he do unnessecery guitar stuff alot and I don`t like Silent night, Bodom night at CRY.

Really? I like Roope's improv. Though, I do like putting in Tokyo Warhearts and have it be like listening to great tight performance, but I think I like Chaos Ridden Years better because of the improv. Like pinch harmonics and extra licks thrown in.

Rock Hydra said:
Really? I like Roope's improv. Though, I do like putting in Tokyo Warhearts and have it be like listening to great tight performance, but I think I like Chaos Ridden Years better because of the improv. Like pinch harmonics and extra licks thrown in.
+345353658789433115656666

RIGHT FUCKING ON! I hate it when people bitch about how TW is the greatest and CRY sucks cause some of the songs different (and therefore wrong). Fuck that, the IMPROVISATION on CRY was a nice bonus to hear, I personally loved it. If I wanted to hear the songs played the way they were meant to be note for note, that's what the studio albums are for!

ALSO

Canadian release date is apparently Nov.7th, which sucks! If they didn't want people pirating their shit, all these setbacks wasn't a good idea then. I can only imagine how many people torrented the DVD because of them.

Heartless_Name said:

RIGHT FUCKING ON! I hate it when people bitch about how TW is the greatest and CRY sucks cause some of the songs different (and therefore wrong). Fuck that, the IMPROVISATION on CRY was a nice bonus to hear, I personally loved it. If I wanted to hear the songs played the way they were meant to be note for note, that's what the studio albums are for!

ALSO

Canadian release date is apparently Nov.7th, which sucks! If they didn't want people pirating their shit, all these setbacks wasn't a good idea then. I can only imagine how many people torrented the DVD because of them.
its funny how you seem to take it personaly and gets mad about my oppinion, yeah I like pinch harmonics to in for example everytime I die it fits so fucking well and it rocks, but IMO he does it too much.
And I think the guitar tone isn`t very good on CRY, well its kinda good but if you compare to TW..yeah you see the different..and this is just my oppinion.

Heartless_Name said:

Yeah!

I think thay played the songs cool and I love pinch harmonics and Improvisation rocks:headbang: The only bad thing was maybe that Alexi didn't play that cool thing in the end of the solo in Downfall:loco:

-Merrild- said:
its funny how you seem to take it personaly and gets mad about my oppinion, yeah I like pinch harmonics to in for example everytime I die it fits so fucking well and it rocks, but IMO he does it too much.
And I think the guitar tone isn`t very good on CRY, well its kinda good but if you compare to TW..yeah you see the different..and this is just my oppinion.

Guitar tone is really grainy compared to TW. Improve is cool, but Alexi misses the crazy parts at the end of both Downfall and Lake Bodom (I doubt this was on purpose, he always does these parts). Opinions are like assholes...so ppl should stop whining, not everybody thinks the same.

Wish they played some other oldies....sure they are promoting their new stuff on the tours and all that....but for the DVD they could have given us a broader and different scope of songs :( I was hoping for Hatebreeder, Bed of Razors, maybe some Touch Like Angel of Death...with the Tokyo Warhearts intro :) That would have been a nice surprise. Oh well. The performance was sub-par, but the audio and visual, and the documentaries and deleted scenes and all that were great.

MasqueReaper said:
Guitar tone is really grainy compared to TW. Improve is cool, but Alexi misses the crazy parts at the end of both Downfall and Lake Bodom (I doubt this was on purpose, he always does these parts). Opinions are like assholes...so ppl should stop whining, not everybody thinks the same.
well I think its cleaner and yeah I just like the tone better in TW, if they would have that tone now I would really fucking dig it, but that is just me I guess..and I am not whining if you was talking about me, I just wrote me oppinion and I wanted to see how people reacted and how they feel about the album. Whining is more like "amfg this album fukking SUCKS!!! bodom sold out and alexi fucking suckss!!!" for example :p

its up on youtube in full, i just jizzed everywhere, gonna buy the dvd when it comes out in the states though, cant wait to watch it on the projector

I got the DVD:headbang:

I love when thay play Titanic before Downfall:) But when I downloaded the DVD before I got it thay hade cut away when thay played it and the same thing with the CDs:err:

Well I just finished watching some more of it. I can't seem to sit through the whole thing in one sitting. The songs are nice, at least the ones I like, but Alexi's swearing and being so obnoxious pisses me off enough to skip the between tracks part and just watch the songs.

Deadbeat said:
I got the DVD:headbang:

I love when thay play Titanic before Downfall:) But when I downloaded the DVD before I got it thay hade cut away when thay played it and the same thing with the CDs:err:

So yeah, from what Ive seen/heard, Im pretty sure they dont play Titanic before Downfall.