CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009 ANNOUNCES DATES & WELCOMES PAGANFEST

In Extremo would be great.

I second that. Now if only they'd revert their style back to the older medievo-folk sound, instead of sounding like Rammstein playing at Renaissance faire (not that the nerd in me minds that at all :loco:)

@ the bands' countries announcement:

The rumor on the Sodom forum has been circling for many months that Sodom are thinking of heading for US in 09... I can't give up that hope and will keep on hopin' to the end *fingers crossed*

As for the two bands from Sweden... I hope that one of them is Falconer!

I'm still hoping that Bloodbath is the lone representing band from Sweden! Lefay would be really cool too.

If Poisonblack/Bloodbath/Lefay are any of the bands, there's a very good chance I'll suck it up and buy a ticket for at least one of the days, despite my wedding a week later. I may never get another chance to see those bands!

If Poisonblack/Bloodbath/Lefay are any of the bands, there's a very good chance I'll suck it up and buy a ticket for at least one of the days, despite my wedding a week later. I may never get another chance to see those bands!

Bachelor party at Powerfest!
Ha Ha!

I've got my fingers crossed for a Morgana Lefay return. They were awesome at PF, what was it...three years ago?

Man, i like Morgana Lefay quite a bit, but three times? That will make them the Evergrey of Powerfest. Not to mention that recent reports have them taking an indeterminate break and working on other projects. I liked seeing them in back to back years and they're a damn fine band live, but I'd like to see someone else take that spot.

You know what...that actually sounds fair to me. ;)

So far, we have one from Finland, one from Sweden, 2 from Germany & 2 domestic...these are confirmed.

The rest will be made up of foreign & domestic...hoping to have these confirmed very soon.

Okay so these are all opening bands. I am gonna relate back to my initial prediction post for a refernece

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chicago-powerfest/384754-powerfest-09-a-5.html

Finland - Kiuas, Poisonblack

Sweden - Dream Evil - for the love of everything evil and unholy book them!!!! Manegarm would be sweet too. Entombed is a possibility.

Germany - Mystic Prophecy, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian, Silent Force

Domestic - Zimmer's Hole (Canada isnt that far away kinda domestic) Gates of Slumber

A few predictions werent on the original unfortunately in particular for Vintersorg/Borknagar :(

Okay so these are all opening bands. I am gonna relate back to my initial prediction post for a refernece

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chicago-powerfest/384754-powerfest-09-a-5.html

Finland - Kiuas, Poisonblack

Sweden - Dream Evil - for the love of everything evil and unholy book them!!!! Manegarm would be sweet too. Entombed is a possibility.

Germany - Mystic Prophecy, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian, Silent Force

Domestic - Zimmer's Hole (Canada isnt that far away kinda domestic) Gates of Slumber

A few predictions werent on the original unfortunately in particular for Vintersorg/Borknagar :(

Yeah, I remember that thread. :)

These most likely are not in consideration for this year but what the hey...

Savatage (always) or J.O.P.

Circle II Circle - they're already booked during CPF '09, so keep them in mind for CPF '10! :)

Soulfly and/or Cavalera Conspiracy - tho' they may not fit the CPF mold they would kick everyone's ass anyway.

Metal Church - they played a great show at TPR in Jan '07 and I think they'd fit the CPF mold.

Nevermore - it's going on what, 4 years now since the last show here (Gigantour)? It's about time they Bring It (back).

Amorphis - because Rob was WRONG about them ever headlining here again. :p

In Flames & Dark Tranquillity - but they have to promise to play a combo set of their inbred stuff. yeah

Carcass - yeah, them too. :D

This list is by no means all-inclusive for bands that I'd like to see (in this current time frame), but an exhaustive list just isn't gonna happen right now.

Yeah, I remember that thread. :)

In Flames & Dark Tranquillity - but they have to promise to play a combo set of their inbred stuff. yeah

Dark Tranqulity is at the top of a very short list of bands Ive never seen but absolutely would love to! In Flames has had some great albums over the years, my favorites were Jester Race, Whoracle, and Colony...everything after that just sounded to sound the same to me, but DT has managed to stay fresh on almost every album. Fiction was great and I love how Michael Stanne brought back some clean vocals. Im not saying every album has to be Projector, but a variety is good.

Other bands I think would be cool are:

Opeth - Yeah, when WOULDN'T Opeth be cool to see?

Edguy - I think these guys are the most fun power metal band out there. I bet their shows are a blast. I loved seeing Nocturnal Rites a couple years back, and we need another power metal headliner!

Passage - A really cool doom band from Canada that plays in the vein of Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass...check out their site:
http://www.myspace.com/doompassage

Nightingale (or any Dan Swano project) - I know they came to Atlanta for one of the Prog Powers, maybe they'd come back. I love every Nightingale album...even their Abba covers! :)

Morgion - OKay, first they would need to get back together, but a guy can wish, can't he? Who wouldnt want to see perhaps the BEST American doom metal band ever! I'd settle for November's Doom, even though I've seen them like 4-5 times.

You know what...that actually sounds fair to me. ;)

So far, we have one from Finland, one from Sweden, 2 from Germany & 2 domestic...these are confirmed.

The rest will be made up of foreign & domestic...hoping to have these confirmed very soon.

OK....here are my guesses:

Sweden: Yngwie Malmsteen
Germany: The Scorpions and Accept
Finland: Probably Stratovarius (they would ask for a hefty fee....no?)
2 domestic: hmmmm not really domestic, but I would say, Rush and Triumph (original lineup only please)

See where I'm going with this? Hehehehe......sorry....had to do it. :loco::heh:

In other words, I have no f'in clue :lol:
(and I also feel I may get some crap for this too......:Smug::rolleyes::lol:)

OK....here are my guesses:

Sweden: Yngwie Malmsteen
Germany: The Scorpions and Accept
Finland: Probably Stratovarius (they would ask for a hefty fee....no?)
2 domestic: hmmmm not really domestic, but I would say, Rush and Triumph (original lineup only please)

See where I'm going with this? Hehehehe......sorry....had to do it. :loco::heh:

In other words, I have no f'in clue :lol:
(and I also feel I may get some crap for this too......:Smug::rolleyes::lol:)

Ooh, what about Manowar?!?! :) "If you're not into MET-AL you are not my friend!!!"

Oh crap.....forgot about them!! Nothing like seeing some old guys running around in loin cloths to get the night going eh?:headbang::kickass::lol: