Chicago PowerFest Ticket Price Confusion

I was socializing with some fellow metalheads at the Saturday night Trouble show in Cudahy.

I mentioned to a couple of guys how they need to make the trip down to Mokena for Chicago PowerFest this year to check out Testament.

What they had to say shocked me... They said "I would love to go see Testament, but there is no way I can afford the hefty $250 ticket price."

I slapped my forehead and explained that the tickets do not cost $250... they will only run approx. $20 per night. The $250 is if you want to rub elbows with the bands the entire weekend in the VIP lounge.

Rob & Chris.. you need to add something that states the cost for general admission to the fest on the homepage of your site.

On another note, I had a quality 5 minute conversation with Eric Wagner before the opening band started in. He gave me a look of respect when I told him I had been a fan since 1987 when I picked up "The Skull" on vinyl... and that my fave line was "Pray for the dead... for it is of faith that these poor souls can be saved."

Eric told me that he and Bruce have been jamming together for over 30 years now! He said they started it all out in a cover band playing Sabbath tunes. The two of them had to split from that band when they wanted to start playing REO Speedwagon. :lol:

It was cool to see that they pulled in a really good sized crowd, in Vnuk's standards. I would guess approx. 150-200.

I read TROUBLE rocked on Sat night.
HOB was rockin' as well.
Much better numbers than anyone had expected.

Sorry man, but you have to be a moron if anyone read through the sponsorship thing and thought that the minimum price tag to attend the fest was $250!! :lol:

omg, you've got to be kidding me!!!

it says right at the top of the home page "see event details" for ticket info. and
it clearly states below that the sponsorship thing is an option....hopefully
they can figure it out and thanks for passing the word on that this is NOT
the case.

Hopefully we can spread the word. $20 to see a great band like Testament is too good to pass up, even for those of us that have to drive several hours each way. Hell, $50 would be more than reasonable to see JUST Testament, IMO. They never come through the midwest anymore.

Hopefully we can spread the word. $20 to see a great band like Testament is too good to pass up, even for those of us that have to drive several hours each way. Hell, $50 would be more than reasonable to see JUST Testament, IMO. They never come through the midwest anymore.

it's $27.50 for single day Fri or Sat....$50 for both days, $70 for
all three days.