Children Of Bodom In San Francisco (trivium got fucking owned)

I was at the show at slims last night and while I'll say trivium are capable musicians and have potential....that's about it. They completely mishandled the crowd and the crowd turned on them and the singer/guitarist trying to act tough..just did'nt feel right. They were truely trying to hard, but these guys are kids and will learn.:headbang:

Another thing i find hilarious...

When alexi spits into the crowd, it's "WOW! ÅMG! ALEXI SPAT ON ME!!!", but when someone spits on some poseur-metal fag on stage, it's disgusting? :lol:

-Gavin- said:
Answer me this... What the fuck is wrong with taking your parents to a gig????

What if your folks like metal? Or what if it's the only way you can get to a gig???

I met a great chick in wacken who went with her metal family... So just cause they're related, the parents can't go cause they're older?

I hate this "Parents can't go to a metal gig" mentality. Fucking americans.

I saw Black Label Society with my Dad. I don't care much for them but Zakk Wylde is a good guitarist. My Dad loves them though. Was a good show we drank beer and had fun.

I'd personally have been embarased if the audience I was in behaved liked that to a band.

The band is there to play at the end of the day and it ain't easy to get on a stage in front of a lot of people and play. I think you should always let bands have their chance, even if you dont like them.

Wow, I'd NEVER want my parents to come to a show with me...my dad would absolutely HATE it...my mom wouldnt make a big deal, but she wouldnt enjoy it lol. They like the Christian concerts where there's screaming or nething :p...and the whole Trivium thing...I can't believe how immature he acted towards the audience. That's just terrible, I like some of their stuff, but after hearing about wut just happened...I've lost respect for them.

I thought trivium's other members handled the whole Fuck trivum thing alright it was just the damn singer. I walked down the sreet to get a slice of pizza and i saw him sitting in their van, he looked all pissed off and what not, but whatever. He was just trying to be all badass i guess. Yes maybe the guy shouldn't have spit on him, but still you dont need to rant on for nearly 10 min about why your band is metal. The thing that pissed me off the most was justy him telling everyone to pit and shit. But overall the gig was awesome. Got their like 6 hours early. met alexi, got my picture takend with their bassit. i also got to say hi to a couple members from Amon Amarth

I went to that show... I actually got there second in line with a few friends at about noon, but there was this one guy who was there since 6:30 A.M. in the pissing rain... hardcore as fuck!

The Trivium stuff really made me feel ashamed to be a metal head. Those guys are a hardworking, very talented group, and they should never have had to deal with the kind of bullshit that crowd was spewing forth. It is utter shit to be in a show where the crowd just can't handle diversity. So what if they were not a full on metal group? There was not a single song they played that, given a different vocal style, people wouldn't be banging their heads to.. such is how I felt, and I actually thought they put on a decent show regardless of the crowd. I hope that each and every person who was acting like a fool, spouting off BS to Trivium that night has a similar experience where people are literally spitting on their life and their art. It is mindnumbingly ridiculous how some people act, and my respect for Trivium as a group has grown immensely. The singer wasn't acting like a tough guy, he was calling some punk out on his childish behavior, and while he may have been a bit excessive following that, I think he and the band handled themselves well.

Amon Amarth stole the show for me, they were killer even if the guitars were a bit on the low side... Bodom were good, but seemed to lack the general energy they usually display at shows.

Overall a good show minus all of the negativity... for all of those who hate on Trivium, thats your choice, but in reality they are a legitimate, very talented group who simply has a different vision of what they want to pursue as their form of metal. Get over it and instead of acting like children, just go buy a t-shirt or get a drink.

Quote Gavin Exactly! End quote I forgot how to quote without pressing the button =/

well a lot of dads go just to follow the kids to the show, they aren't having a good time at all but they want to go in to supervise the kid which kinda takes tickets away from people but then again just get your ticket early.