Children Of Bodom In San Francisco (trivium got fucking owned)

Whoever judges people by what they dress like can kiss my ass. Quit spending so much time talking about people you've never even met, douchebag.

I was at that show as well. I agree AA's guitar sound wasn't that great, I could barely hear the first (and I think only) solo one of the guys did. Trivium... they're a technically able band, but I think some of their stuff is... for lack of a better word, pop-ish. That's all metalcore is. And yes, Trivium is metal, melodic metalcore. If you want metal elitists who know what they're talking about go to www.metal-archives.com . Anyway, it was just the singer who didn't handle himself well, the rest of the band members didn't even do anything, except for the bassist telling some people to quiet down because the singer was asking a guy to the right of the stage why he didn't like them.
It was pretty funny as I was walking into the venue I saw bodom's tour bus, and hooked to the back was this little trailer with a Trivium sticker on it; Bodom's bus: huge charter bus, Trivium's bus: little trailer. lol. Roope walked by a few times, in and out of the bus.
I agree with Gavin about kids bringing their parents, for some kids it's the only way they can get in, and some parents actually like metal.
Slim's is a pretty kickass venue, Boz Scaggs owns it, if anyone knows who that is anymore :)
And I had a great New York steak, very yummy :)

LadyValerie said:
Slim's is a pretty kickass venue, Boz Scaggs owns it, if anyone knows who that is anymore :)

yes! i knew that! lol my dad told me awhile ago, i actually listen to Boz Scaggs. ive got a pretty diverse taste in music

I enjoyed the Trivium set alot more then the Amon Amarth. Some of the stuff from Amon Amarth was good but their sound was not cutting it. I watched one of the guitarist do a solo, but I couldnt hear it. On their last song "Fire" something, they have a part where the guitarist just does hammers + pulloffs for 2 minutes. Trivium has more potential then Amon Amarth to be creative musicians. Their songs are put together much better and their solos blow Amon Amarth's out of the water. Plus their singer is alot more talented then Amon Amarth's. His vocal range goes alot further then just screaming/growling.

However, Trivium's leadman needs to take his ego down a few notchs and take these types of situations more mature. And for whoever said he was too demanding and telling you to get into circlepits, thats the whole point of having bands play before the main event. They get the crowd wound up and ready to fucking headbang/mosh/whatever. I think he did a good job on getting us pumped to see Bodom.

I had no idea Trivium were'n rlike by most people going to this tour! I thought they had a good reputation!

I think they'd be loved here in Australia, and i can just image the support bands.. Pfft! haha.

Bodom were unreal here in Australia.. I think Trivium are coming out sometime this year.

Get off this website and go over to Trivium's website and stop crying like a baby. Not only is what your saying stupid, it's just wrong.

I quote you Big16g "It's OK though Trivium will have the last laugh in a few years. These guys are mega talented and hardworking. If you count the years Bodom or AA have been around, Trivium have already accomplished what they have in less than half the time. Don't believe me? Do your homework!"

No you do your homework! It is treasonous to even compare them to AA or COB. I love COB x 10 more than AA, but AA should be the most respected out of all of these bands, they have been around kicking ass since 1988 almost when that assclown lead singer from Trivium was born (1986). Lets look at what Trivium have accomplished, making trendy shitty emo shit for kids who get made fun of all the time. Trivium hasn't accomplished a damn thing besides making some pussy metalcore garbage, for pussies like you. If thats what kind of music you like than why are you posting here, get the fuck out!

LifeDepraved said:
You're just as funny as Trivium's riffs and chorus's. Face it kid, they are going to die out soon. Trivium are bunched up with bands like As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Atreyu, Poison The Well, Eighteen Visions and every other "Let's scream during the verses, then get melancholy during the chorus" bands. I have a clue, Trivium are not metal. Mr. Heafy might wanna try and convince you they are with his pathetic speeches and his Darkthrone shirt, but his main goal is to spew lies to get to a bigger platform. So think before ye opens your mouth again. You look silly.

I want to personally thank you for such a compact and insiteful statement. :headbang:

TriviumSucks!!! said:
Get off this website and go over to Trivium's website and stop crying like a baby. Not only is what your saying stupid, it's just wrong.

I quote you Big16g "It's OK though Trivium will have the last laugh in a few years. These guys are mega talented and hardworking. If you count the years Bodom or AA have been around, Trivium have already accomplished what they have in less than half the time. Don't believe me? Do your homework!"

No you do your homework! It is treasonous to even compare them to AA or COB. I love COB x 10 more than AA, but AA should be the most respected out of all of these bands, they have been around kicking ass since 1988 almost when that assclown lead singer from Trivium was born (1986). Lets look at what Trivium have accomplished, making trendy shitty emo shit for kids who get made fun of all the time. Trivium hasn't accomplished a damn thing besides making some pussy metalcore garbage, for pussies like you. If thats what kind of music you like than why are you posting here, get the fuck out!

I want to personally thank you for such a compact and insiteful statement. :headbang:

Trivium's singer is a clown allright...

Haha, I still find it funny how Trivium is talked about much more than Children of Bodom in the Children of Bodom forum.

-Gavin- said:
Answer me this... What the fuck is wrong with taking your parents to a gig????

What if your folks like metal? Or what if it's the only way you can get to a gig???

I met a great chick in wacken who went with her metal family... So just cause they're related, the parents can't go cause they're older?

I hate this "Parents can't go to a metal gig" mentality. Fucking americans.

Thats right! I saw Limp Bizkit with my daddy!

Parn666 said:
Thats right! I saw Limp Bizkit with my daddy!

:D lol ( i also posted this in another thread but it kind of fits in here aswell)

asshole.gif

TriviumSucks!!! said:

Oh like I care what you think, get a life and get a clue. Unlike you I respect all 3 bands. But out of the 3 Trivium clearly has the most potential. Trivium is a very talented and versatile band and in time they WILL get the respect they deserve. Your opinion will be in the minority and it won't matter much. Go ahead and read all the reviews of their album, all the critics pretty much agree how good it is. You think you know more about metal than all of them combined? You don't even have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

big16g said:
Oh like I care what you think, get a life and get a clue. Unlike you I respect all 3 bands. But out of the 3 Trivium clearly has the most potential. Trivium is a very talented and versatile band and in time they WILL get the respect they deserve. Your opinion will be in the minority and it won't matter much. Go ahead and read all the reviews of their album, all the critics pretty much agree how good it is. You think you know more about metal than all of them combined? You don't even have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

trivium may in the end sell more than cob and amon amarth. but then again, bands like my chemical romance and atreyu sell tons of albums, but they suck shit and only faggy emo teenagers like them. trivum will probably sell a lot of cds to stupid hot topic goths but they will still suck no matter what.

shit the only way i can go to a show is if my dad goes, god damn, dude, it doesnt make the show any less metal, you seriously think i trust my driving skills enoguh to drive all the way to fucking atlanta....no!!!... and big16g, im still laughing at the whole run for the money jeff loomis comment... you have a great sense of humor.

big16g said:
Hey man Im not going to lie, you really suck, you should definitely plot a course back to that elephants vagina you came from.