Children Of Bodom In San Francisco (trivium got fucking owned)

I just want to throw my two cents out there on this whole Trivium discussion.

I just got done listening through a couple of tracks from their new album, and I will openly admit that they do have some potential from what it sounded like. But, whenever you listen to Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Bloodbath, Death, etc - you don't have to think about it, no matter what these guys make, it will definitely be metal. The same doesn't go for Trivium. It sounds like they sat down and were like "OK guys, let's make some awesome metal!" and then someone else said "Sounds good, but let's make it so that my Mom and Girlfriend will like it, too." Until they stop sugar-coating their music with angsty screaming and lame choruses just so that their mom won't mind it too much, they will never be metal. Period.

Somewhat jumbled up, and possibly not a clear post, but whatever. I've been up for awhile. Also a somewhat interesting first post. So a belated Hello to everyone :D

Noble Viking said:
It was probably because you weren't half naked. I saw some nasty looking half naked girls go in and out of their bus and I thought to myself "It's so lame that some nasty looking girl would be allowed on their bus as oppossed to someone who's been as big as a fan as myself for so long; I'd never be able to go on the bus to just have a little word with them" Alexi did come out though and sign a few things like my Warmen Accept the Fact booklet and also my Japanese Hatebreer booklet; that was very nice of hiim :kickass:

I am willing to bet those nasty girls have no real idea who the hell bodom is..

imafknninja said:
I just want to throw my two cents out there on this whole Trivium discussion.

I just got done listening through a couple of tracks from their new album, and I will openly admit that they do have some potential from what it sounded like. But, whenever you listen to Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Bloodbath, Death, etc - you don't have to think about it, no matter what these guys make, it will definitely be metal. The same doesn't go for Trivium. It sounds like they sat down and were like "OK guys, let's make some awesome metal!" and then someone else said "Sounds good, but let's make it so that my Mom and Girlfriend will like it, too." Until they stop sugar-coating their music with angsty screaming and lame choruses just so that their mom won't mind it too much, they will never be metal. Period.

Somewhat jumbled up, and possibly not a clear post, but whatever. I've been up for awhile. Also a somewhat interesting first post. So a belated Hello to everyone :D

I could not have said it better myself. That's exactly what I was thinking when my friend played a few songs for me on the weekend. :dopey:

i like trivium ok.... they arent anything to necrophagist or kalmah though. They have a respectable guitar player but thats all they have going for them. their vocals SUCK

Vital Remains said:
i like trivium ok.... they arent anything to necrophagist or kalmah though. They have a respectable guitar player but thats all they have going for them. their vocals SUCK

A loooooot of bands have respectable guitar players, so not much credit based on that now a days.

There is no doubt I'll get shit for this being my first post here and me saying things about this whole Trivium subject, but I don't care at this point anymore..

First of all, I want to address a couple people in general

COBSteele02 - You obviously are completely one sided in your thoughts. Sure you may outwardly think that Trivium "suck balls" as you put it. But it's your opinion. Unless you can sit there and back yourself up 100% your opinion does not mean anything. "Opinions are like assholes, everybodies got one, but nobody wants to look at the other guys." Go ahead and like your music, but you're in no place to say something sucks, you can openly say that you personally do NOT like it.

Everyone that thinks the whole "spitting" issue is just - Yes I was at that show, and first of all. He was calling out the crowd, because the security guard in front of him, wanted to find the person that did that, because they wanted to do something about it. I was front and center the whole show, I got to the venue at noon, and I was inside at 3pm, with the bands all day. You may think it's "just spitting" and everything. But nobody has the right to sit there and spit on someone. "Do I come to your work and spit on you?". Exactly, it's not something that should be socially accepted, and in NO way did they deserve it, because before they were spat on, they did NOTHING negetive, they did not say anything negetive to the crowd besides "Not fitting the bill" but I must say, you're beloved COB, being headliner, was at partial decision for Trivium being on the bill.

Call it money if you wish, but that's not what it is. Trivium and COB, are great friends. Trivium have been long time fans of COB, and infact, Matt owns every one of their releases. All 3 bands on the tour respect eachother. I would know, I was backstage with them at two of the shows on this tour.

LadyValerie - About the Roadrunner Records label. RR is NOT a US Record Label. RR Originated being a Dutch Record Label.

Yes, Trivium's reaction (or moreso Matt's reaction), may have been childish as you put it. But he was running on complete improv at the time. He doesn't know how to react to all this. "How do you react to someone that hates you and you did nothing wrong to them." Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.

Trivium not having any fans - The UK is the largest country for Metal on this planet. And Trivium are HUGE over there. They have already had a headlining tour over there, this past September. They are returning for another headlining tour. Trivium have been at "headlining level" in the UK for quite some time now. Trivium is NOT at headlining level in the us yet, but in just 6 months after their RR debut, they are already at supporting level, which is a lot to say.

Their Solos and producer. - First of all, their solo's ARE performed live. Their production for 'Ascendancy' was done by Audio Hammer Studios headed up by Jason Suecof. Personally he gave input on two of their songs, solo-wise. Why? Jason is practically a member of Trivium. They are great great friends, and work together on a lot of things.

Like Trivium or not, nobody deserves to be disrespected like that, and nobody deserves to be spit on, for not personally doing ANYTHING to you.

Ninju said:
LadyValerie - About the Roadrunner Records label. RR is NOT a US Record Label. RR Originated being a Dutch Record Label.

I didn't know that, where'd you find it out?

Wow, that was quite the response. I must say it was a hell of a lot better thought out then that idiot 'Triviumlover'. Thanks!

Although I don't like the band's music because it's not what I am into, I agree with everything you've said. They didn't deserve that. But it was abit funny. :oops:

(Well atleast the story since I wasn't personally there)

First of all i am a fan of trivium and i think it is a horrible thing that must have happened at that show. There is no way that anyone deserves to be spat on at a show even a person in the crowd let alone a band. I also really like COB and Amon armarth and would have never done something like that even if i hated them. Like what you want at least you can be respectful...

I stand by this...

when alexi spits into the crowd, it's apparantly godly...

Yet when someone spits on a shit band... it's sick?

I personally think spitting on ANYONE is disgusting, but draw some boundries you inconsistent fools.

-Gavin- said:
I stand by this...

when alexi spits into the crowd, it's apparantly godly...

Yet when someone spits on a shit band... it's sick?

I personally think spitting on ANYONE is disgusting, but draw some boundries you inconsistent fools.
The Difference is the intention.

Alexi doesn't spit into the crowd in disrespect.

Them being a shit band is your opinion, but because you think that, it doesn't give me the right to disrespect you, or spit on you, that's bullshit.

Alright you Douche Bag's... I know how we can settle this...

EVERYONE, I BETTER SEE A FUCKING CIRCLE IN THIS THREAD! DON'T BE SCARED, CIRCLE PIT!

I think even Gavin would agree that the only way to settle this argument is by a circle pit... i mean... if you guys are metal and not scared...