CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release Collection Of Covers

Children Of Bodom have confirmed the release of a new album, titled ‘Skeletons In The Closet', for September of this year through Spinefarm Records UK.

I really fucking hate this. I just knew this would come.

It's not a new COB album, it's a collection of shitty covers.

Well the covers aren't all shitty..there's a fair few gems amongst them :) Still though, I agree a cover album is a bad idea for the band's credibility generally..not that all the covers are bad and undermine the band's talent or anything..just that they were always just a fun aside,not meant as serious tracks people need to buy in their own right,just extra incentives for people to buy the albums/singles. The label are milking the band a bit too much now really in fairness..

Well, I'd understand that you got angry/complained if they released it just as an excuse to keep touring/scratching their balls Metallica style, but they're just putting it out for the fans who want to have the covers and some new ones without it affecting to their life as a band. They'll still stop touring after the USA, South America and Japan tours after summer and they'll still then start writing the new album, so it's just more Bodom for you, plus Bodom are pretty good at doing cover songs. You don't like them? Don't buy it. But I think it's pretty nice from them to do it.

I for example consider way worse that Warmen are relasing a compilation of the first three albums now. If you want the fans or potential new fans to get the stuff they don't have, reissue them, but don't do a compilation of already existing tracks on the regular CD version. And nobody has complained about it. Bodom do even some more covers for an album for the fans to have the covers they may not have because their releases didn't have them and we complain? I don't see why.

Good points Jose,I actually agree aswell..generally ignore anything I've posted today,I'm having a bit of an offday today,saying things I don't necessarily feel :p Anyway I'm always appreciative and delighted to get my hands on any new cob material/ promotional stuff that's made available so ultimately I'm happy this is coming out..and yeah you're right about it being handy for peeps who don't have all the songs already. :) I said stuff basically as a reflection on how record labels as a whole and in general can take advantage of a bands popularity and use it to make money with countless reissues and compilations. I suppose I shouldn't have directly applied it to cob..just with all the albums being recently reissued as well as this, it just comes off a bit money-hungry like I said before.It's just me musing on the music industry as a whole but personally from a hardcorefan perspective of this band I'm happy it's coming out and it is useul to get everything on one cd and especially if you didn't get the reissues with the bonus tracks :)

That's true about Warmen actually..a best of after 3 albums is a bit strange but at least it's all origional material. But yeah you're right just reissuing would make more sense..

I'm wondering how well do they think they're gonna sell with a cover album? Of course marketing it as a "new COB album" could bluff lots of dummies to buy it.

^Well I guess they won't make too many of them, but I'm sure quite some people will buy them. I don't see what's wrong with the cover album, really.

What?

Good points Jose,I actually agree aswell..generally ignore anything I've posted today,I'm having a bit of an offday today,saying things I don't necessarily feel :p Anyway I'm always appreciative and delighted to get my hands on any new cob material/ promotional stuff that's made available so ultimately I'm happy this is coming out..and yeah you're right about it being handy for peeps who don't have all the songs already. :) I said stuff basically as a reflection on how record labels as a whole and in general can take advantage of a bands popularity and use it to make money with countless reissues and compilations. I suppose I shouldn't have directly applied it to cob..just with all the albums being recently reissued as well as this, it just comes off a bit money-hungry like I said before.It's just me musing on the music industry as a whole but personally from a hardcorefan perspective of this band I'm happy it's coming out and it is useul to get everything on one cd and especially if you didn't get the reissues with the bonus tracks :)

That's true about Warmen actually..a best of after 3 albums is a bit strange but at least it's all origional material. But yeah you're right just reissuing would make more sense..

Don't worry :) About labels being money hungry, I do think the reissues were that, but the cover album is something they've wanted to do for a long time, and they're putting some effort into it and making some new covers for that one, so I don't think is really a cheap and fast way of getting money from us.

Big fans buy it anyway. Just to add to the collection.
Fans who don't buy special editions haven't heard that much covers (excpet youtuve maybe) so for them it's relatively new and they may buy it.

So I guess it will be sold pretty well. Ofcourse nowhere near gold but still alot.

And after that people are whining about how CoB changed style and they suck.

New cover songs:

"Hell Is For Children" (Pat Benatar) (Beyond Abilities Studio summer 2009)

They cry in the dark, so you cant see their tears
They hide in the light, so you cant see their fears
Forgive and forget, all the while (Lobodomy line)
Love and pain become one and the same
In the eyes of a wounded child
Because hell
Hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell
Hell is for children
And you shouldnt have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

Its all so confusing, this brutal abusing
They blacken your eyes, and then apologize
Youre daddys good girl, and dont tell mommy a thing
Be a good little boy, and youll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell off the swing

Because hell
Hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell
Hell is for children
And you shouldnt have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

No, hell is for children

Hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for children

"Antisocial" (Trust/Anthrax) (Beyond Abilities Studio summer 2009)

I hope Henkka is doing the vocals for this one!

Tu bosses toute ta vie pour payer ta pierre tombale,
Tu masques ton visage en lisant ton journal,
Tu marches tel un robot dans les couloirs du metro
Les gens ne te touchent pas, il faut faire
le premier pas,
Tu voudrais dialoguer sans renvoyer la balle,
Impossible d'avancer sans ton gilet pare-balle.
Tu voudrais donner des yeux a la justice
Imposssible de violer cette femme pleine de vices.

Antisocial, tu pers ton sang froid.
Repense a toutes ces annees de service.
Antisocial, bientot les annees de sevices,
Enfin le temps perdu qu'on ne rattrape plus.

Ecraser les gens est devenu ton passe-temps.
En les eclaboussant, tu deviens genant.
Dans ton desespoir, il reste un peu d'espoir
Celui de voir les gens sans fard et moins batards.
Mais cesse de faire le point, serre plutot les poings,
Bouge de ta retraite, ta conduite est trop parfaite
Releve la gueule, je suis la, t'es pas seul
Ceux qui t'enviaient, aujourd'hui te jugeraient.

Tu bosses toute ta vie pour payer ta pierre tombale,
Tu masques ton visage en lisant ton journal,
Tu marches tel un robot dans les couloirs du metro,
Les gens ne te touchent pas, il faut faire le premier pas,
Tu voudrais dialoguer sans renvoyer la balle,
Impossible d'avancer sans ton gilet pare-balle.
Tu voudrais donner des yeux a la justice
Imposssible de violer cette femme pleine de vices.
Antisocial, antisocial, antisocial, antisocial

"War Inside My Head" (Suicidal Tendencies) (Petrax Studio fall 2007)

Napalm showers
Showed the cowards
We weren't there to mess around

Through heat exhaustion
And mind distortion
A military victory mounted on innocent ground

Hearing voices from miles away
Saying things never said
Seeing shadows in the light of the day
Waging a war inside my head

Years and years of
Bloodshed and warfare
Our mission was only to get in and kill

A free vacation
Of palmtrees and shrapnel
Trading innocence for permanent psychotic hell

Hearing voices from miles away
Saying things never said
Seeing shadows in the light of the day
Waging a war inside my head

Feeling strangers staring my way
Reading minds never read
Tasting danger with each word I say
Waging a war inside my-

Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM will release a new album, titled "Skeletons In The Closet", in the fall through Spinefarm Records. The follow-up to last year's "Blooddrunk" is a selection of cover versions, some of them existing recordings, others specially laid down for this release.

CHILDREN OF BODOM has been recording covers since the early days of its career, some predictably heavy ("Silent Scream" by SLAYER, for example), others reflecting an altogether broader taste ("Talk Dirty To Me" by POISON).

"Skeletons In The Closet" track listing (split by territory):

Europe:

01. Lookin' Out My Back Door (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL)
02. Hell Is For Children (PAT BENATAR)*
03. Somebody Put Something In My Drink (RAMONES)
04. Mass Hypnosis (SEPULTURA)
05. Don´t Stop At The Top (SCORPIONS)
06. Silent Scream (SLAYER)
07. She Is Beautiful (ANDREW W.K.)
08. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (KENNY ROGERS)
09. Bed Of Nails (ALICE COOPER)
10. Hellion (W.A.S.P.)
11. Aces High (IRON MAIDEN)
12. Rebel Yell (BILLY IDOL)
13. No Commands (STONE)
14. Antisocial (TRUST/ANTHRAX)*
15. Talk Dirty To Me (POISON)
16. War Inside My Head (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)**
17. Ooops!… I Did It Again (BRITNEY SPEARS)

USA:

04. Mass Hypnosis (SEPULTURA)
05. Don´t Stop At The Top (SCORPIONS)
06. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (KENNY ROGERS)
07. Hellion (W.A.S.P.)
08. Aces High (IRON MAIDEN)
09. Rebel Yell (BILLY IDOL)
10. No Commands (STONE)
11. Antisocial (TRUST/ANTHRAX)
12. Talk Dirty To Me (POISON)
13. Ghost Riders In The Sky (STAN JONES)
14. War Inside My Head (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)**
15. Ooops!… I Did It Again (BRITNEY SPEARS)

Japan:

04. Don´t Stop At The Top (SCORPIONS)
05. Silent Scream (SLAYER)
06. She Is Beautiful (ANDREW W.K.)
07. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (KENNY ROGERS)
08. Bed Of Nails (ALICE COOPER)
09. Aces High (IRON MAIDEN)
10. Antisocial (TRUST/ANTHRAX)*
11. Talk Dirty To Me (POISON)
12. Ghost Riders In The Sky (STAN JONES)
13. War Inside My Head (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)**
14. Ooops!… I Did It Again (BRITNEY SPEARS)

* Previously unreleased track recorded at Beyond Abilities studios, summer 2009
** Previously unreleased track recorded at Petrax studios, fall 2007

CHILDREN OF BODOM will return to North America this fall to headline a massive, month-long tour. The 20-city trek will launch on Friday, September 18 at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island and will run through October 14 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Support will come from THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and SKELETONWITCH.

CHILDREN OF BODOM recently released a 79-song digital box set exclusively through iTunes. It retails for $49.99.

To view the complete track listing, which does not include any previously unreleased material, go to this location.

CHILDREN OF BODOM was forced to cancel several shows on the No Fear Energy Tour with LAMB OF GOD due to injuries sustained by guitarist and frontman Alexi Laiho. Laiho, 30, broke his shoulder in April when he was ejected from his tour bus bunk after the vehicle took a sharp turn. Laiho and the rest of CHILDREN OF BODOM were touring North America in support of the band's critically acclaimed album "Blooddrunk".

CHILDREN OF BODOM will embark on a tour of South America and Mexico in September. Support on the trek will come from AMORPHIS.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/2009-07-02_19:32/CHILDREN+OF+BODOM:+Skeletons+In+The+Closet+Details+Revealed

People have been asking for a compilation of covers for a while, when fans demand the labels are bound to supply so no need to rage out. Bodom are one of those bands that actually do great covers, I'll probs buy it when I can get it for a fiver off Amazon.

How can you be so retarded and always bash this cover compilation ?
It was never ment to be a new album or anything, its just the fact that a usual fan has no chance of getting all their covers together (besides downloading them).
The fact that they are even doing 3 new song per area is really suprising, thats like 1/3 of an album.
Its simply a very good thing, i dont see the point of complaining about it ...

For me, death metal and humour just don't go together. Sure they have awesome covers, but I can't take that seriously. Just saying, if the next COB album fails, there will be no excuses - they can blame their own asses for devoting their energy into this. Haha.

They haven't devoted that much energy - just two new covers recorded - so I don't see how that would adversely affect their next album. I can understand
that some people will not be interested in this compilation, but I think their covers are cool, and have become something of a COB icon. I will definitely buy it,
and enjoy the songs in the spirit in which they were recorded.

Just getting too old for that playing shit drunk and singing like retard cuz it's fun. Maybe I'm too serious. They're cover songs after all, nobody should care, and just like the cover songs this whole idea is orchestrated by the label.