Children of Bodom

USMC0341

Dead Cold Day
Apr 23, 2004
NY
www.deadcoldday.com
Not too sure how many of your all listen to these guys...but I picked up "Hatecrew Deathroll" a few weeks ago, and I can't get enopugh of COB...awesome rhythms and Alexi's vocals are pretty damn awesome if you ask me...

I'll be picking up all of their prior releases...definitely a good addition to my collection...

Jean-Pierre said:
Hatebreeder is an awesome album, but why are you posting this in oldschool??? :err:

I posted it in this forum because I happen to value the opinions of the regulars in Old School...I didnt know there was a ban on mentioning a newer band in this forum.

Is that a good enough reason?

USMC0341 said:
I posted it in this forum because I happen to value the opinions of the regulars in Old School...I didnt know there was a ban on mentioning a newer band in this forum.

Is that a good enough reason?

Easy man, I wasn't trying to be a douchebag or anything, but I'm new here, therefore I'm under the impression that only old school Metal bands are talked about on "Old-school".

Anyway, as I said, Hatebreeder is a pretty good album. Alexi is a nice guy as well, not an ego like many of these other newer bands.

Marine, I saw COB open for Iced Earth, I have to say I was pretty impressed with the band, they sounded pretty damn close to what you hear on record!!!!! You might look into picking up the import copy of that record with the Slayer cover Silent Scream! The singer, no joke is about the size of my 10 year old son! He must be 5 feet at best!! He was one cool, muther! It's just weird seeing someone face to face & having them be like a foor shorter than you!!!! Enough rambling, Later!

SIXXSWINE-

Jean-Pierre said:
Easy man, I wasn't trying to be a douchebag or anything, but I'm new here, therefore I'm under the impression that only old school Metal bands are talked about on "Old-school".

Anyway, as I said, Hatebreeder is a pretty good album. Alexi is a nice guy as well, not an ego like many of these other newer bands.

Not a problem...I just thought you were trying to be a wise-ass, and when I saw that you just joined I didn't appreciate it. After reading your last reply - it's all good. I'm definitely gonna check out their other albums...hopefully I will be able to catch them live sometime...maybe they will hook up with a Jagermeister tour and I'll be able to get some VIP passes...

COB is in my top 4 of favorite bands. They fucking RULE!!! :headbang:
others are Nevermore, Symphony X, and Sieges Even

Jean-Pierre I only seen a few posts of you and I already like you. Grace under pressure man :p

sixxswine said:
Marine, I saw COB open for Iced Earth, I have to say I was pretty impressed with the band, they sounded pretty damn close to what you hear on record!!!!! You might look into picking up the import copy of that record with the Slayer cover Silent Scream! The singer, no joke is about the size of my 10 year old son! He must be 5 feet at best!! He was one cool, muther! It's just weird seeing someone face to face & having them be like a foor shorter than you!!!! Enough rambling, Later!

SIXXSWINE-

I will definitely try and pick up that import...I would really like to see them love as well...I like what I hear so far...

I've been listening to CoB for a few years now. I have all of their albums and I've seen 'em live twice. Hatebreeder is my favourite album by 'em. I met Alexi and Janne the second time I saw 'em live. They're really nice people, except they were quite drunk at the time. Anyway, this band kicks ass and so does the keyboarding.

As much I love their music, as much I hate the vocals...I don't like this CoF , Living Death , etc kinda vocals.... But as I said, their music is outstanding.

Jean-Pierre said:
Hatebreeder is an awesome album, but why are you posting this in oldschool??? :err:

We will some times discuss newer bands here. The regulars around here will from time to time suggest new bands that us other oldschoolers may like.

carnut said:
As much I love their music, as much I hate the vocals...I don't like this CoF , Living Death , etc kinda vocals.... But as I said, their music is outstanding.

That's how I feel also. The music is fantastic but then the vocals ruin it for me.

baldyboy said:
if your over in enland at the start of september usmc0341,we're giggin with them-i'll get you in to meet them if you like,seeing as your oldschool.
btw-hawk-that offer still applies to you too,if you can make it.let me know!
Will do. I'll let you know if we still have any money left after our vacationin August. In Oct we would like to go to Florence and visit some musea. I think a visit to the UK in Sept would fit right in :D

Jean-Pierre said:

Well, there are a lot of new bands that sound oldschool, so I think there's no problem of mentioning them.

carnut said:
Well, there are a lot of new bands that sound oldschool, so I think there's no problem of mentioning them.

Heh, well C.O.B. don't have much oldschool of a Traditional or Thrash sound about them, but they are pretty good. Hatebreeder and more or less Follow The Reaper sounded to me like Reign In Blood mixed with Yngwie Malmsteen on speed.\m/

USMC0341 said:
I will definitely try and pick up that import...I would really like to see them love as well...I like what I hear so far...
Knowing what I know about you(based on your previous posts), I know you would really love them Live. They have a lot of energy & I was really impressed by them as a live unit!!!!!!!!!!
I Salute You-\m/

I just recently got Hatebreeder (i plan to get Follow the Reaper eventually)... and i like it and all but i think i need to listen to it more so it grows on me... since were suggesting bands/CD's for old schoolers (im a old schooler who is recently trying to find new school metal)... i would like to suggest The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed...... & Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (both bands are excellent musicians) ... let me know what you think of these 2 CD's when you get them or if you already have them.. also check out my post in "Self Promotion" .. would like any comments or suggestions.. thanks... :hotjump: