Children of Bodom's most underrated and overrated songs?

underrated: Kissing the Shadows (It's so good, no amount of appreciation is good enough for it :rofl:), We're not gonna fall
Overrated: AYDY, DWEDFN (Both complete shite)

Agreed, who the fuck are these bellends saying KTS is over rated then saying AYDY and BD and under rated. Fucking tard bastards.

The only song I can say is over rated is Downfall because I am fucking sick of them playing it live every time I see them.

Overrated: Kissing the Shadows, In Your Face (I fucking hate this song), and others.
This whole band is kinda overrated lol. Its nothing against the fans or band members personally. I mean their music is good but too many people overhype the band that I find myself always asking "what else is new?"

"In The Shadows" is CoB's most underrated song, in my opinion. A close second is "Mask Of Sanity".
About the most overrated song, instead, not sure about which song is, there's a bunch... but at the moment I'll say either "Kissing The Shadows" or... Blooddrunk album in general. Sorry. :)

In The Shadows is easily the best song from Something Wild! Fucking hell its so awesome! Its always been my favourite from SW!
Same here! :kickass:

Underrated: In the Shadows!!! and Something wild in general. Wake up people... Lake bodom and Deadnight warrior are not even close to the best on that album.
Sorry to just use a "plus 1", but your words deserve it... +1.

SteveMCSteve said:
Overrated: In Your Face (I fucking hate this song)
I don't go crazy for that song either, to be honest.

The most overrated c.o.b songs are lol something like this.

needled 24/7
downfall
sixpounder
kissing the shadows
northern comfort
lake bodom
warheart
everytime i die
children of decadence

my favorite songs are

hate me, maybe that is overrated? nope lol songs too badass.
silent night bodom night overrated? maybe still killer song i think lives up.
living dead beat
we're not gonna fall
knuckleduster
bastards of bodom
punch me i bleed
bed of razors
bodom after midnight, maybe overrated? i think lives up though
follow the repear
touch like angel of death
smile pretty for the devil
tie my rope
little bloodred ridin hood
bodom beach terror, starting to become popular still, ok though
hatecrew deathroll
you're better off death
chokehold
deadnight warrior

There's others..off top of my head kinda.

needled 24/7
downfall
sixpounder
kissing the shadows
northern comfort
lake bodom
warheart
everytime i die
children of decadence

my favorite songs are

living dead beat
we're not gonna fall
knuckleduster
bastards of bodom
punch me i bleed
bed of razors
follow the repear
tie my rope
hatecrew deathroll
you're better off death
chokehold
deadnight warrior

You have good taste in music my mate :)

needled 24/7
downfall
sixpounder
kissing the shadows
northern comfort
lake bodom
warheart
everytime i die
children of decadence

my favorite songs are

living dead beat
we're not gonna fall
knuckleduster
bastards of bodom
punch me i bleed
bed of razors
follow the repear
tie my rope
hatecrew deathroll
you're better off death
chokehold
deadnight warrior

warheart is a cool one :(
also :lol: @ bold text.
starting?!

I couldn't say which ones sound like overrated or underrated all song bodom are sepcial for me.
but my favorite still : Hatebreeder and Children Of Bodom.
my new favourite from the new Bodom is : Roadkill morning , Tie my rope.

sorry for my english :))

Underrated:

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood - it would be one of their greatest songs had it turned out proper in the studio.. for one thing the HCDR guitar tone is not the best for this track
Punch Me I Bleed - as good as the other slow songs, but this is probably the case where the silencing of the synthesizers for the studio record pisses me off the most
Lobodomy - it's metal.. just the boring chorus and smurf solo annoy me.. but it's not the weakest song on the album, contrary to common persecution
Taste Of My Scythe - almost like Hypocrisy, at least partly

Somewhat Overrated:

Roadkill Morning
Hate Me
In Your Face
We're Nog Gonna Fall

Everyone who has said that Kissing the Shadows is over rated should probably just kill themselves right now, as you clearly know nothing about anything.

I didn't realize it until I started understanding music. The chorus harpsichord melody being gay is a fact that will remain forever unless the band re-records it. But otherwise it's pure win right from the start with that funny drum beat, then it proceeds to this amazing atmospheric string of verses. Follow up of course by the solos and ending up in the most stylish fashion ever.

As for Downfall, that one I also didn't understand until last winter. What a really interesting song. It's so deep, yet there's crunchy guitar strikes and nice melodies. ~Both songs are in my top ten.

Don't like this song. The only thing I really love on this song is this whammy bar thing in the second solo but thats all. Good old COB style in one song seems to be Downfall and this is their most popular song.

Downfall sounds like a joke quite often when they play it live. Reason nr.1 being it's supposed to be sang with death metal vocals, not the James Hetfield type singing Alexi does when he's not interested. If they were more serious with it and played it earlier on, I'd be psyched.

Everyone who has said that Kissing the Shadows is over rated should probably just kill themselves right now, as you clearly know nothing about anything.
Kissing the Shadows seems to be one that's more appreciated by musicians. I didn't like it that much until I decided to learn to play it and now it's my favorite song on Follow the Reaper.
I heard that it was written and recorded in a day because they were in the studio and needed one more song for the album... I'm not sure how true that is though.

Nothing about KTS is gay. KTS is literally the pinnacle of CoB's career. It is everything that defines the good old CoB style in one song. :kickass:

It's also one of the most boring songs they ever wrote (the AYDY album aside).