• ...disgusts me

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • ...doesn't bother me

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • ...is great!

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees

Scientifically speaking something is not proven to be true untill you cannot disprove it. As you are measuring a quantity/object and questioning it's existance then you have to prove it exists, not prove that it doesn't. If we were all presumed guilty untill proved innocent then that wouldn't be any good now would it? Not digging in to you or anything, it's just that unless someone can conclusively prove the existance of a supreme being then I personally am not going to believe in one (and even then...)

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I debate with others, when they want to. It is fault of mankind (in my opinion) that everything is based on science. If man would let things just BE and not try to understand things, maybe we would be better off. (Gee, I can't wait for all the bashing I'm gonna get for this one)

True, JJplano, but since you can't understand a word they are saying anyway, why should it matter? For example, if Emperor didn't provide lyric sheets, would anyone know what they sing about? Probably not, they would have to guess based on the cover booklet.

Oh that is brilliant! There has to be some equivalent Islamic thing going on somewhere....

Reminds me a bit of Guns n' Moses with Achmed Rosenburg on lead vocals.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I debate with others, when they want to. It is fault of mankind (in my opinion) that everything is based on science. If man would let things just BE and not try to understand things, maybe we would be better off. (Gee, I can't wait for all the bashing I'm gonna get for this one)

If man would justbe and not understand things then a lot of advancements wouldn't have happened. Medical advances for instance, radio and a host of other to most people everyday items, all based upon science. Do you honestly think I'd be able to type this so that a bunch of people can read it from across the world if mankind had just let things be?

The fault in mankind oes not lie in that everything has to be about science, it lies in his inherent need to self destruct (and before you argue against this, look around you. I am not talking individuals, but about society (compare to an ant colony)).

If People just are and don't try to understand anything then all you are going to do is breed an entire planet of little moronic puppets that'll pretty much do anything that they're told to do via some spoonfeeding medium of communication. There are enough total fucking morons out there that haven't got a clue about what they're fucking doing, no need to increase that percentage on purpose.

7 dying trees, good point. I think what I was trying to say, you just said it. All these "advances" that we are making, will eventually lead to our destruction

Phyre, I do. I was simply making a stement that he did't actualy hear anything. Chill.

He called what I said just plain shit. WTF are you yelling at me for?

Mind Morgue, jump back into your Cricket match will ya. Actually, there is no PROOF for the theory of evolution, that is why it is called a THEORY. And I can think for myself thank you very much, noone else in my family share the same beliefs as me, and I don't listen to you guys, so I think I am doing all right.

Christian metal is a great concept - there are so many different facets to metal, though, so... If I were to look at the newer, more brutal shit in ALL of metal id have to list a few bands i loved who actually are christian - though i believe myself to be Satan himself...

Mortification
Living Sacrifice

Two extremely great bands... Mortification has been out for about 10+ years, and their music is, god forbid, brutal as all hell. I suggest Scrolls of the Melligoth.

Christian metal is obviously not liked in these rooms. Any opinions on it are frequently not valid and quickly move on to other things like bashing christ. I'm no christian, I've been raised as one. I hate church, I hate praying, I don't mind singing hymns or reading the bible although I never do. I bought the "God Hates Us All" cd by Slayer with passion in my fingertips. I'm just a schizophrenic mass of confusion. I do not know very much christian metal but for the most part, it just fucking sucks. There are probably a few awesome unfunded bands out there that are christian that no one knows. Living sacrifice is alright and Oil! with Dark Angel's singer isn't terrible. Those are the only decent ones that I know of, probably will check out the ones previously mentioned. Appreciate people listening to me bitch about the winded life of mine...

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees

The fault in mankind oes not lie in that everything has to be about science, it lies in his inherent need to self destruct (and before you argue against this, look around you. I am not talking individuals, but about society (compare to an ant colony)).

That need for self-destruction is underlined by our obsession with man-made religion and our inherent nature to live in secular societies (primarily spawned from religious ritualistic beliefs).

Science may have created the weapon, but it is religion that pulls the trigger.

Originally posted by AjDeath
Actually, there is no PROOF for the theory of evolution, that is why it is called a THEORY.

And so you resort to believing in Creationism? I don't deny that the concept of Evolution is theoretical, but Adam and Eve? Fair enough - it's your belief.

Most science is based on theory anyway - in fact, Newtons First Law is an entire theory. Yet we base most of our physics on Newtons laws and it seems to work well in the long run. For example, we now know that the world is round and not flat - of course this was our belief when man made religions came into existence (like monks writing the new testament 200 years after the fact).

Shame that religous parents will never take their kids to a natural history museum because all those dinosaur bones are just fake and that everything just appeared all at once after 7 days of God's hard labor.