Christian metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greys said:
Anus.com is a horrible site, anyone who uses them to back themselve's must really suck. Is it that hard to develope your own views,etc.... why do you need a website to tell you what to think. How did Anus.com prove they are right in the first place. How does that site have any more value over somone's opinion,views,thoughts is beyond me. That site is crap so fuck it and christianity too.

Let me guess... they insulted your favorite band didn't they?

BikerMiceFromMars said:
It's funny you say that since i've never actually seen anyone have a "better argument" against anus besides "well that's YOUR opinion" type nonsense.

You've got to be kidding me. Why don't you start reading something else besides the tripe written by the likes of SRP, Nietzsche, Julius Evola, and Adolf Hitler. You lack perspective, child.

Cythraul said:
You've got to be kidding me. Why don't you start reading something else besides the tripe written by the likes of SRP, Nietzsche, Julius Evola, and Adolf Hitler. You lack perspective, child.

Sounds like you have some internal issues to work out.

Generally, I think anus.com does a very good job at it's reviews of the music. I do think that Prozak tries to incorporate some of his personal ideology into the music and so many of his reviews end up becoming an essay on another subject, aside from the music itself.

His FAQ is probably the most comprehensive writing on metal I have ever seen. He did a fantastic job on that.

WNxScythe said:
Someone posted something about Lengsel making another album... any official info on that?
Nothing official right now, I just saw that on Extol's message board, since Extol and Lengsel share a few members, and some of them post there occasionally.

BikerMiceFromMars said:
Sounds like you have some internal issues to work out.

Eh, I don't know why you'd think that but ok. But seriously, fuck off sheep.

DrAnguish said:
I know the person who started this thread had good intentions, but dude there is a HUGE difference between a band being a "christian band" and a METAL band that just so happens to have a christian or two in it. Would you ever call Iron Maiden or Megadeth or even Trouble christian? Why? Because one of their members is? No way right? Many of the bands on your list would fall into the same category as the aforementioned groups.

Who cares I say. Judge bands based on their music and integrity, not on what "side they choose", or what side your ideological bent wants to force them onto. I'd say there are a good handful of bands listed there that would be aggrevated that they are getting lumped into the whole list.

A band having a christian member or two is much different than a band being evangelistic minded. I think you are skewing the two...

And tell me this - when in the heck did PHLEBOTOMIZED ever get lumped into this? I've been a fan of them for 10 years and never once heard that until this thread. Please enlighten me.
None of the bands I listed (except for perhaps Trouble and Phlebotomized, I only recently found out about them so I don't know much about them, gimme a break) only have a Christian or two in the band. They are all either bands with all Christians who use their bands as ministries, or bands with all Christians that make music with lyrics that reflect their beliefs, but are not used as ministries.

And I do not say that a band is good just because it is Christian. There are many Christian bands I don't like; this is because I don't care for the music, even though the lyrics are fine. Also, if you would click the link to my cd collection, you will see that I have many awesome secular metal cds too. I judge the quality of bands first and foremost on the music; lyrics are secondary.

I got tired of reading everyones arguments and rebutals on them so if I say something that has already been said im sorry. I agree that christian metal is shitty, I fuckin hate it! Also, metal became metal when bands like iron maiden, black sabbath and slayer etc. began to talk about evil non-christian things. Lastly, you can't sound like slayer musicaly and sound like simple plan lyrically cause its fuckin gay for one, and it makes no sense to have hate in your melody and not accompany that evil melody with some evil, hateful lyrics in my opinion.

The Greys said:
Anus.com is a horrible site, anyone who uses them to back themselve's must really suck. Is it that hard to develope your own views,etc.... why do you need a website to tell you what to think. How did Anus.com prove they are right in the first place. How does that site have any more value over somone's opinion,views,thoughts is beyond me. That site is crap so fuck it and christianity too.

You're utterly useless. The pro-Anus people laugh at you, and the anti-Anus people don't want you on their side. Stfu.

BMFM and Cythraul, both of you aren't helpful, stfu.

Discuss instead of throwing faeces at each other, please.

Also Zhou Tai's insistance that ideology/mindset is to be found solely in the lyrics is beginning to depress me.

Darth Kur said:
Fuck you. I've had it up to the hilt with arguing with you and your ilk. You've been brainwashed into stupidity and servitude and obviously are quite content in that position. I'd tell you to be happy with you're impotent god but he doesn't exist! And even if all your bullshit was true I'd have to go with satan then. At least he's not portrayed as a childish demanding psycho that demands everyone to go against every single natural urge that is built into us.
I find it so offensive that you come here and try to spread your disease. Because that's what your sick little society demands, isn't it? Spread the word, don't hide your light under a basket and be fishers of men and all the worthless hogwash. Don't deny it. You think if you get people to listen to that shit then you can get your hooks in. All part of the plan. I would say that most here don't want to be part of your web of lies so shake the sand from your feet motherfucker and move on to the next place.
Live your little fairytale life with blinders on and obey your zionist masters and go pound fucking salt for all that I care.
And no, you did not "win" or any other bullshit. I'm not the fool that's pissing his life away on a pipe dream.

There you go Zhou Tai 04, I edited it in with some "scriptural" references so now it isn't so baseless for ya, bucko.

The thing is, I am not forcing anyone to listen to Christian metal, and neither is anyone else. Neither am I forcing my beliefs on anyone, you least of all. So if you have a problem with it, there are two things you can do: ignore it and continue on with your life, or keep on making yourself look like an idiot. There's nothing that you or anyone else can do to stop Christian metal from existing, so it is really quite useless to keep whining about it like a bunch of babies.

EmpiricalDeath666 said:
I got tired of reading everyones arguments and rebutals on them so if I say something that has already been said im sorry. I agree that christian metal is shitty, I fuckin hate it! Also, metal became metal when bands like iron maiden, black sabbath and slayer etc. began to talk about evil non-christian things. Lastly, you can't sound like slayer musicaly and sound like simple plan lyrically cause its fuckin gay for one, and it makes no sense to have hate in your melody and not accompany that evil melody with some evil, hateful lyrics in my opinion.

Zhou Tai 04 said:

I can assure you, none of them are anything like Simple Plan. I hate Simple Plan.

BikerMiceFromMars said:
Let me guess... they insulted your favorite band didn't they?

I'm a huge thrash and death metal fan, they review a lot of stuff I like on the site poorly. Them not liking something or not is not a problem. Their reviews are not a problem

Forms of metal have nothing to do with anything on that site. END

I also don't give a shit if a bunch of nerds laugh at me because they think they're smarter. Metal has nothing to do with intelligence, it's about playing a fucking instrument. Even some fucking rocket scientist couldnt even strum a guitar chord. Some fucking idiot can play a guitar,drum set etc.. how they want and that is what made metal.

That is metal, not a bunch of shit on anus.com with a bunch of fucking nerdy whine asses blaming everyone else. Fuck rules and laws

Anus.com is no different than a local organization or church. You have nothing to do with anyone else so post your own fucking thoughts.

The Greys said:
We don't need religion, we need sex,drugs and rock & roll. We need M.I.L.F's and horny teachers to molest us.

"Teacher caught me masturbating
underneath the desk
she looked at me and winked her eye
said "see you after class"
I heard the school bell ring that told
me that the day was done
she called me back and locked
the door my lessons just begun
Teachers pet
Teachers wet
Sitting down she crossed her
legs her skirt crept up her thigh
feeling something start to rise
my thought began to fly
You've been a naughty boy she said
now that you can't conceal
I'll have to punish you
the best way that I feel
Teachers pet
Teachers wet
She took my hand and gently placed it
in between her thighs
with open legs and heavy breath
she slowly closed her eyes
Her flesh was aching and her
hands began to stray
on thing that I know for sure
I won't forget today
Teachers pet
Teachers wet
Pulled me down forwards her mound
teacher tasted sweet
sixty-nine - I don't mean lines
this was teachers treat
Played hide and seek with teachers mouth
her lips were warm and wet
Now today I've had my way
and teacher won't forget
Teachers pet
Teachers wet"

Venom kicks ass. :D

But nevertheless, this is dissipating into a cesspool of incoherent filth. Posting lyrics is not going to change anything except how we think of your intellect. How ridiculous would you think it if I posted some of Horde's retarded lyrics like "Blasphemous Abomination of the Satanic Pentagram"? I treat these retarded lyrical posts of yours with just as much laughter.

How about we leave religion out of music, I just don't see how religion has any importance.

Christians are not any more idiotic than goths wearing corpse paint playing black metal. I believe both should be able to stand up for themselves if that's what they want to do. I don't see why one of them can't and one group can or is any different. I just don't see the point because it's never going to end or get resolved. People will go to the grave and ruin their existence's over this shit. You live once and you want to fight with people basing your entire band,etc. on religion. Then when you hit 30 you realize how fucking stupid it was, maybe not and you never grow up and die bitter. I bet that's what happens. In the end what good did it do for anyone, once again people fuck everything. Maybe everyone is fucking stupid and wrong.

Zhou Tai 04 said:
None of the bands I listed (except for perhaps Trouble and Phlebotomized, I only recently found out about them so I don't know much about them, gimme a break) only have a Christian or two in the band. They are all either bands with all Christians who use their bands as ministries, or bands with all Christians that make music with lyrics that reflect their beliefs, but are not used as ministries.

Hey man - just to clarify - I am not trying to ride you like a lot of these guys are - but you just need to be careful with how you categorize things or making bold statements that just arent true... I know for a 100% fact that not all the bands you listed have EVERY member as a christian... and I know many of the bands listed may claim that every member is a christian but some of what they might do in their spare time might stand your hair on end... (I will not go into detail here cuz even if I do have first hand knowledge of these facts I consider all of that private issues)

The term "christian metal" automatically makes it sound as though the belief system matters more than the music... just like "Satanic metal", or "buddhist rap" or "mormon country" (heh)... music itself doesnt have a worldview or a spiritual bent... sometimes acknowledging it for the art form that it is is much more satisfying that trying to categorize it, lump it in, or break it down, based on what you perceive the member's spiritual leaning to be...

If you want to talk to me more man send me a PM - I'd like to talk to you privately on some of this if you want to...

BikerMiceFromMars said:
Obviously anus.com threatens your worldview in some way which manifests itself in vague insults.

No, I simply disagree with many of the views expressed on that site. And no I don't feel threatened; I have reasons for disagreeing with those views, good reasons. Pull your head out of your ass and realize that anus.com does not have a fucking monopoly on truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.