Chronology MCMXCIV- MMV - A Live Observation By Opeth

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
What the spoon?

I'm guessing this will probably make it to Live DVD / Live CD??

Mike, give us some info since you seem to be the alpha bandhead who calls all the shots. :D

Okay, three shows. It would take 7h 48m to go through all the albums in their entirety (minus bonus tracks, I didnt take out any interludes or prologue/epilogue from MAYH, though I probably should have)

That's just under three hours per show, if they decided to do all the songs... probably just over three hours with Mike talking and everything... So, maybe they will do all the songs?

A live two dvd set would be quite smart of RR, I think.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
And over-fucking loaded! Are you kidding me? Almost 8 hours? They would pass out on the damn stage at that point! Well, if it was one big-ass show.

Um... I said that OVER three shows. So, that's under 3 hours per show.

My guess is that they'll play about 2-4 songs from every album, as well as bringing back some old stuff they haven't played for a while (Black Rose Immortal perhaps?).

Im definitely going to this...wow the 21 and over thing in San Diego scared me but I now know this show is what ill be going too (since ill will be only 18 then)...damn Opeth for over 2 hours!!! Seems like Opeth are taking lessons from Dream Theater (in the fact that they are playing a song from each album). March is turning out to be a good month for me so far: Dream Theater 3-10, and Evening with Opeth sometime a week after.

atrocity said:
^ LA one is not confirmed yet.. pffs

This is not what I heard:
Sweden's OPETH will hold several special performances, dubbed "Chronology MCMXCIV- MMV - A Live Observation By Opeth", in select U.S. markets on their upcoming tour encompassing material from each of their albums released throughout their career (1994-2005). These shows will be seated, with no support bands and will run for over two hours each with unique production. The markets in which these special nights will be held are New York, Chicago, and there is also a to-be-scheduled special performance in Los Angeles, CA.

Just thinking about this show is giving me breathing problems....I have a feeling I will be camping out for dibs on the first row in Chicago.