Circle II Circle comes to Chicago again!

BalanceofPower

My god,it's full of stars
Feb 19, 2003
Palatine, IL
www.novembersdoom.com
Circle II Circle is playing Nite Cap in Chicago on December 10th. Sacred Dawn and Divinity Compromised are on the bill as well. Hope to see some of you Chicago people there!

155984_463713317502_185030197502_5790857_1339194_n.jpg

LOL... I just went to circle2circle.net to see if these tour dates had been posted there... and someone finally posted the PREVIOUS set of tour dates! They pre-dated the news post to 10/30, to make it look like the info was there the whole time, LOL!

And, no surprise, but these new tour dates are not listed there. They are, however, on the band's Myspace page, if anyone's curious. No Cleveland area date this time. Maybe they didn't get a good enough draw with the last show, even though it was their own fault because they never announced it.

Lame, I guess their "Midwest" tour should be called a "Tour of Illinois + detriot and kenosha too"

Dec 3 2010 7:00P
MIkes luv n music chicago/summit, il

Dec 4 2010 8:00P
Hattrix Kenosha, WI

Dec 10 2010 8:00P
NITECAP Lounge Chicago, IL

Dec 17 2010 8:00P
Cruiser's Bar and Grill Beach Park, IL

Dec 18 2010 8:00P
I-Rock Nightclub Detroit, MI

LOL... I just went to circle2circle.net to see if these tour dates had been posted there... and someone finally posted the PREVIOUS set of tour dates! They pre-dated the news post to 10/30, to make it look like the info was there the whole time, LOL!

:lol:

Lame, I guess their "Midwest" tour should be called a "Tour of Illinois + detriot and kenosha too"

haha, this gets more and more hilarious and mysterious! I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life and had never even heard of Beach Park. I didn't think any Europe-touring band could find a place to play between Milwaukee and Chicago, but these guys found two!

Did that show at the Penny Road Pub ever actually happen? I guess their back-dated list of upcoming shows indicates that it didn't, which explains why I couldn't find any evidence of any attendees on the web.

In this day and age, you have to be some kind of super-hacker in control of half the Internet to be this good at keeping the word about any of your shows from leaking out!

I guess the whole band must live in the Chicago area or something?

Neil

haha, this gets more and more hilarious and mysterious! I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life and had never even heard of Beach Park. I didn't think any Europe-touring band could find a place to play between Milwaukee and Chicago, but these guys found two!

Did that show at the Penny Road Pub ever actually happen? I guess their back-dated list of upcoming shows indicates that it didn't, which explains why I couldn't find any evidence of any attendees on the web.

In this day and age, you have to be some kind of super-hacker in control of half the Internet to be this good at keeping the word about any of your shows from leaking out!

They're getting the award for the "most obscure locations tour" of the year (and I heard that from many locals). :lol: The question is, considering these dates are considered pretty "weird" locations, do you guys think the band is actually gonna get a decent turnout?

skyrefuge said:

Yes, right outside of Chicago, in Tampa, FL. :lol:

:lol:

Neil

Rumor has it they are offering with the VIP meet and greet a poster and a GPS unit to find the shows and cities they are in.

The question is, considering these dates are considered pretty "weird" locations, do you guys think the band is actually gonna get a decent turnout?

haha, no. Of the four "Chicago" area shows, I haven't been to any of the venues, and Nite Cap's is the only one I've even heard of (and keep in mind that I've been to 60+ shows at 23 different venues this year).

The JOP/CIIC show at Chicago City Limits (really 15 miles outside the Chicago city limits!) in 2008 is the closest comparison to the Nite Cap's show...they're both bars where local and cover bands play (and not the cool ones!) That show was announced well more than a week beforehand, and it, uh, had Jon Oliva, and drew like 100 or so. (and was an awesome show, I must mention)

The only people at these shows will be whatever "regulars" hang out at these bars on Friday nights, plus three to seven CIIC fans who miraculously heard about the shows.

Yes, right outside of Chicago, in Tampa, FL. :lol:

Nah, c'mon, that's their origin, but they must have all moved recently or something. These Chicago area shows are scheduled Friday/Saturday this week, then Friday the next week, and Friday the next week. I know that nothing about this whole debacle speaks highly of their planning skills, but they can't be so stupid as to just hang out here for three weeks, or go back to Florida each week. Unless these are just the first dates announced, and within the next four days they're going to fill them in with a dozen weekday shows in the Chicago region at even more obscure places! :loco:

Neil

The only people at these shows will be whatever "regulars" hang out at these bars on Friday nights, plus three to seven CIIC fans who miraculously heard about the shows.

Oh god, update! Checking the venue in Summit, the very first thing on their myspace: "SEE ARE [sic] LINEUP OF SHOWS COMING UP...we do not have a built in crowd..bands it is your best interest to promote...we do our part as much as we can,you must get the word out as well!"

It's gonna be a freakin' bloodbath! :lol:

Neil

Any chance that there is some more detail about this show.... i.e. set times? I know it's a lot to ask given the situation, but I'll be in Chi-town that weekend arriving at O'Hare that night around 8pm....wondering when the bands will be playing such that maybe I can make it....

haha, no. Of the four "Chicago" area shows, I haven't been to any of the venues, and Nite Cap's is the only one I've even heard of (and keep in mind that I've been to 60+ shows at 23 different venues this year).

Nite Caps is an awesome venue.
I was only there once for TROUBLE but it was easily the most packed bar show for TROUBLE I ever was at (easily about 200 or so people).

I have no clue who would come out for CIIC.

Most old school Savatage fans in the city who might come out for this have no clue who CIIC are.

Seems like they just picked up an Illinois Entertainer (or the Kenosha area equivalent) and called up any bar that books rock bands.

I'm glad someone else said this. Last time I said anything similar I nearly got lynched by my local circle of friends....cause it's true.

Any chance that there is some more detail about this show.... i.e. set times? I know it's a lot to ask given the situation, but I'll be in Chi-town that weekend arriving at O'Hare that night around 8pm....wondering when the bands will be playing such that maybe I can make it....

Hey Scott, I don't have any more details right now, but will be posting all details that I get as they come in. I think it's safe to say the show will probably start at either 9pm or 10pm. As it stands right now, it's Divinity Compromised then Sacred Dawn then C2C. I know DC and SD are getting like 40-45 minutes each.

I'm glad someone else said this. Last time I said anything similar I nearly got lynched by my local circle of friends....cause it's true.

Well, let's be 100% honest.
I like Savatage, but outside a very small circle of metal fans, they really are not that big, let alone CIIC. Though they don't exactly promote themselves well.

Good on Vito and Divinity Comprimised for actually promoting a show!

I'm really having a hard time figuring out what CIIC is trying to do here. Why tour if hardly anyone's going to show up, not to mention most of these venues fairly close to each other and to do it with hardly any promotion? As we've said before, these guys need to be on a bigger tour where they aren't the headliner. Doing this, isn't going to help that at all.

Thanks Jason!

No problem. I mean that sincerely too.
Nothing bothers me more when bands book these shows, and fail to mention it....anywhere!

Just WAY too many shows going on every week to have the "Book it and they will come" philosophy.

I have certainly known about all of your gigs, between Ultimate Metal, Facebook, and beyond.

Maybe give CIIC some tips at the show! :)

No problem. I mean that sincerely too.
Nothing bothers me more when bands book these shows, and fail to mention it....anywhere!

Just WAY too many shows going on every week to have the "Book it and they will come" philosophy.

I have certainly known about all of your gigs, between Ultimate Metal, Facebook, and beyond.

Maybe give CIIC some tips at the show! :)

Yeah, bands HAVE to help promote their own shows. Not only does it get more people in the door, which means more money for the band, but it also helps the promoter out so he/she will keep you in mind for other shows.

Nah, c'mon, that's their origin, but they must have all moved recently or something. These Chicago area shows are scheduled Friday/Saturday this week, then Friday the next week, and Friday the next week. I know that nothing about this whole debacle speaks highly of their planning skills, but they can't be so stupid as to just hang out here for three weeks, or go back to Florida each week. Unless these are just the first dates announced, and within the next four days they're going to fill them in with a dozen weekday shows in the Chicago region at even more obscure places! :loco:

Neil

Half the band still lives in Tampa, and the other half in Mississipi.