Circle II Circle comes to Chicago again!

Hmmmmm Kenosha is only a half hour away from me.....MIGHT have to check this out. I'm surprised they aren't at the Brat Stop, I'm wondering if this venue is the old "Twisterz" place I saw Sebastian Bach at YEARS ago.......

155984_463713317502_185030197502_5790857_1339194_n.jpg

What's up with the URL in that poster? When I went to www.nitecapchicago.com, all I saw was a bunch of Japanese characters.

Ken

Half the band still lives in Tampa, and the other half in Mississippi.

:OMG:

Oh, you didn't hear? Nite Cap is under new management, the Japanese Yakuza.

Not to be confused with the BAND Yakuza....who tend to open on a lot of tours. * slinks away and hides *

Maybe someone out there is telling bands and booking agents "here, check out THIS site or THAT free weekly that features small, independent D.I.Y. venues!" It's the only thing that would explain why a band from Switzerland would play a venue in tiny Winder, Georgia that was so well-hidden, we even got out of my car to "listen for loud music" and STILL couldn't find the show! :heh:

LOL... I just went to circle2circle.net to see if these tour dates had been posted there... and someone finally posted the PREVIOUS set of tour dates! They pre-dated the news post to 10/30, to make it look like the info was there the whole time, LOL!

And, no surprise, but these new tour dates are not listed there. They are, however, on the band's Myspace page, if anyone's curious. No Cleveland area date this time. Maybe they didn't get a good enough draw with the last show, even though it was their own fault because they never announced it.

Actually, the dates were already there... They didn't add any dates to the TOUR section of their website, but the post about the shows was there...

This is hysterical! I don't understand why a band like Circle II Circle would book a tour like this. The logistics make no sense, and they're not doing anything to spread the word.

When the Penny Road Pub show turned out to be a bust, I found out through some friends of Zak's that the show was moved to Beach Park (skyrefuge, you're not the only Chicagoan who didn't know where Beach Park is. I've been living in this area for almost 30 years, and I had no clue about it until a week before the show!). I ended up going to the show to find a somewhat decent turnout. Of course, the new drummer is originally from Chicago, so his family naturally showed up. In addition, Saladbar's circle of friends (yours truly included) were in attendance as well, making up the seven local fans mentioned earlier. In all honesty, there were more people there for the band than I would have thought considering the sudden change of venue.

As for Jasonic's post about the band looking through the Illinois Entertainer and calling up venues, I have to say that even the IE doesn't advertise these venues! I've been reading that magazine for the last twelve years, and I never heard of Cruiser's or Mike's Luv-N Music (the latter of which is only located 5 miles north of my condo).

On a final note (this one is for Pellaz), it's funny that you made that reference to the band Yakuza owning Nite Cap. Oddly enough, Yakuza is from Chicago. The plot thickens...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

As for Jasonic's post about the band looking through the Illinois Entertainer and calling up venues, I have to say that even the IE doesn't advertise these venues! I've been reading that magazine for the last twelve years, and I never heard of Cruiser's or Mike's Luv-N Music (the latter of which is only located 5 miles north of my condo).

Ha!! Fair enough, but you got my point though.
It's like they just picked any venue at random that books rock bands.