Classic Death Metal

I'll never understand why people prefer Saltrubbed Eyes to Fornever Laid To Rest.

Fornever Laid to Rest is better than I initially thought but it never really clicked with me all the way.The songs on Saltrubbed Eyes are simpler, but they're just so much more effective and more discernible from one another.

Fornever Laid to Rest is better than I initially thought but it never really clicked with me all the way.The songs on Saltrubbed Eyes are simpler, but they're just so much more effective and more discernible from one another.

Songs off Saltrubbed Eyes stick with me way longer than anything off Fornever Laid to Rest. The first three songs off of Saltrubbed Eys are classic imo.

Merciless - The Awakening
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum (...Of Darkness, too)
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

All of these belong on such a list. The Winterlong is great, but is in no way more important than any of these.

Regardless how important the winterlong is I enjoy it more than majority of other early 90's death metal. I would take it over like an everflowing stream,the red in the sky.....,old therion and others.

Songs off Saltrubbed Eyes stick with me way longer than anything off Fornever Laid to Rest. The first three songs off of Saltrubbed Eys are classic imo.
Hidden Under Scars, the title track, Angelmeat(Prt II), 13th Moon, Controlled Bleeding-all good songs with an incredible punch:kickass:
The sound on Saltrubbed Eyes is also spacier.Fornever Laid to Rest is a bit too compressed.

The overabundance of breakdowns annoys me to no end, so Fornever Laid To Rest wins by default.

Fair enough. On a somewhat related note I should really begin exploring that list of retro-OSDM bands you posted I feel like I'm still stuck in the early-mid 90's(well, technically that's true ) Looks like I'm depriving myself of some good stuff out there.

am curious to know your guys thoughts on malevolent creation, the ten commandments and retribution and fucking phenomenal imo

am curious to know your guys thoughts on malevolent creation, the ten commandments and retribution and fucking phenomenal imo

They're alright, but I never bothered with anyother album other than Ten Commandments. TBH, I spend most of my time listening to European Death metal.

I'm listening to Convulse World Without God for the first time right now. And it's miles above Reflections which I liked. The albums are much different, but I prefer the straight foward death metal sound a whole bunch more.

I think both are great and some of the best/better florida death metal albums. I still need to get both actually.

Belial, Excrement, Necropsy, Corporal Punishment, Rippikoulu, Depravity, Disgrace, Mythos, Protected Illusion, Mordicus.

None of it comes close to Cartilage, Demigod or Demilich, though; with the possbile exception of early Belial (excluding their debut full-length).