Classic Death Metal

I was just looking at Corporal Punishment yesterday and wondering if they were any good with that stupid fucking plain as shit band logo.

Resurrection
Eulogy
Astaroth
Solstice
Acheron
Hellwitch
Brutality

You know of the latter three I know, but others may benefit. Resurrection is fucking awesome, Eulogy is good from what I can remember, but I've never heard Astaroth myself, they only recorded demos.

Resurrection -embalmed existence is excellent.

Does anyone else prefere Unleashed 'across the open sea' over 'shadows in the deep' ?

I can't wait until somebody reissues that so everyone who buys that feels like a jackass some time down the road.

i dont know where this goes but can someone suggest some fast paced metal in the vein of carcass-heartwork perhaps.

I like From Beyond. It's very simple and not original or anything but still has it's own sound and the band gets away with it. Kam Lee lee has a very distinct death metl growl and rick rozz has great tone regardless being average. This along with Death -spiritual healing have perfect production jobs for early 90's US death metal while still not going into a polished modern sound.