Classical Music

since I'm the typical ignorant, I can only list here CHAOSTAR :loco: :D

me/ ignoring any KÖCHEL-index, any deaf and insane composers, any forefahers of this spastic nervous playing style (not only of pianos nowadays... :heh: ) and extra complicated twelve-tone tecnique, any Freischütz, Wagner was a megalomaniac slavedriver, and basically anything that lacks in electricity is :yuk: :Spam: only the Basso continuo is something I can live with along with the funny sound of cembalos, but that's about it :yell:
:devil:

opacity - just being stupid :worship:
:D

sorry for that one :D

I listen to the classical station, and I have it there right now on my stereo in my room, since nothing else is on. And classical is awesome.

I love:
Mozart
Beethoven
Bach

And many others, since I don't know all of the ones they play on the classical station.

I enjoy Grieg. I always have. When I was a kid I was
(and still is) a fan of "I Dovregubbens Hall". Fantastic
song! But I don't really listen to a lot of classical
music... :eek:( It's cause I don't know where to start,
and I don't know what I like. But when I find the time
I will go searching...

By the way, there is a thread on the Opethboard,
which I have kept the link to... I want to check out
all the music recommended there... Let me find it....

Here you go -->
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10448&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

And if someone could recommend some really great
music with a lot of piano, that would be great! I'd like
to surprise my beloved one with it, cause he just
*loves* that instrument :eek:)

Sorry Blackspirit, I'm not a big fan of Piano, so I can't recommend much. If you want baroque music, I'd be all over that.

I adore most Bach, especially works on the organ. Yow!

Renaissance and Baroque era polyphonic choral music also holds a special place in my heart. This is where Palestrina, Monteverdi, and Bach are tremendous. Having sung in choir in high school, where we did a lot of music from masses and madrigals, it was just great how everything just fit together.

I also enjoy good orchestral works. Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak, Smetana are great. Now Vivaldi was a violin virtuoso and wrote great works for violin and orchestra and just some great orchestral works. Sadly, people only listen to the 4 seasons... which is a great piece, but it's "hard" to find a CD that DOESN'T have the 4 seasons so I can listen to something else.

Dvorak's New World Symphony is great, and Smetana's Ma Vlast is just beautiful (and one of the movements sounds like Hatikvah, the national anthem of Israel).

Note, most of this music is before 1750, after which it went to the romantic period and I lost nearly all interest in classical music. Exceptions are Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, Gershwin, a bit of Copland, and the sacred music of John Rutter. Modern classical, especially 12-tone, is crap to my ears.

Don't like Wagner, but I think that's a prejudice placed there by my parents.

Operas, I've seen decent amount, and I've forgotten too many. Don't like Carmen, but I ADORE The Magic Flute. Best Opera Ever.

Also liked Rigoletto, Barber of Seville, La Boheme, and that's all I can remember right now.

I've also recently been getting into classical music combined with a bit of techno. now I normally dislike techno quite a bit, but it ends up working quite well. Alas, I haven't been able to find too much, but so far I have Bond and Aria, and they're both great.

Oh yeah, forgot about my love of good classical guitar. Even here, just the pre-1700 music is good. After that, it gets to wierd and atonal.

OK, that's my thing for now.

Oh, and BS: thanks for posting that thread-link. It was a decent read.

Originally posted by Oyo
Haha, I LOVE that Smilie Blackspirit.

He looks like a guy with antennae getting ready to eat while his doublechin is visible :lol:

EY!!! Don't you diz my smilies!!! *Grrrrr* >:eek:| Hehe...
The "o" is the nose damnit! And I love it! >:eek:P

*Pokes Oyo's box*

I don't know much classical music and I find it most of the time hard to listen. It is just so complex. But I like Grieg. (does enybody know Hall of the mountain king of Apocalyptica??)

I also listen to medieval music and Renaissance. When I heard that kind of music I can picture landscapes of that time. Just great music!!!:)

There is also a classical song of a American componist but I don't remember the name. I put it here later. That song is coverded by the producer of madonna and his version SUCKS!!!! he made a fucking trance song of it. Aaargh!!!!:yuk:

Anyone heard some Holst??? Bathory made some great song from his music... Hammerheart... I just love that song :) Never cared to find more of Holst tho, perhaps I will search then...

Just about every composer has at least some great works. Orff, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Grieg, I could go on for ages. Classical music has something most newer music lacks... I just can't define it properly.