CoB Family Tree

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
Here is a quest to see how many bands are linked to CoB.

It can go on as many levels as possible.

Write your answer like

Sinergy are releated to CoB becuase of alexi laiho.
Pantera are related to CoB becuase of sinergy covering fucking hostile live.

Etc.

this might take a while :(

COB is related to heavy metal which is related to music which is related to every bands on earth and even to fucking rap music... ok i think its over right there :(

^now thats more fucking like it!

If i get enough decent replies, i may make a giant family tree picture and post it here.

Sinergy are releated to CoB becuase of alexi laiho.
Pantera are related to CoB becuase of sinergy covering fucking hostile live.
Euphrosyne are related to CoB becuase one of their members is the brother of janne
Cob and Warmen are linked because of Janne.
CoB are related to Symphony X cause Janne played on Kotipelto's Waiting for the Dawn album with Michael Romeo.

what we got so far.

cob are linked to dimmu cuz alexi's ex used to play in this band, and in therion too
cob are linked to stone by roope

let you find some more

CoB are related to King Diamond becuase of the unreleasd "waiting in the dark" cover.

CoB are related to the japanese band "loudness" becuase of alexi playing the intro to "crazy night" live on TW after War of razors (whole song covered by therion).

Linked to WASP becuase of Hellion and WILDCHILD (laiho).

Linked to Randy Rhoads becuase laiho uses an RR guitar.

Linked to dissection for taking two riffs.

Linked to Carcass for a riff.

Linked also to pantera for the drums on sixpounder/A New level.

Linked to Mozart, bach, beethoven etc for borrowed riffs.

CoB to Ozzy Osbourne...the long way...

Alexi plays in CoB...Alexi plays in Sinergy...Sharlee D'Angelo played in Sinergy...Sharlee D'Angelo plays in Mercyful Fate...Mike Wead plays in Mercyful Fate...Mike Wead played in Abstrakt Algebra...Mats Leven played in Abstrakt Algebra...Mats Leven played in Yngwie Malmsteens band...Bob Daisley played in Yngwie Malmsteen's band...Bob Daisley played bass for Ozzy

So when you look at it that way...Alexi and Ozzy are practically brothers

Sonata Arctica is related to Cob because Mikko Harkin also made an apperance on Timo K's solo cd along with Janne.

Norther and Cob are related because Alexi, Alexander and Jaska did some backing vocals on Norther's Mirror of Madness cd.

Does this one count? Nightwish and Cob are related because Alexi and Jaska were on their dvd: "from wishes to eternity" ... although it was when Jaska and Alexi were on tour with Sinergy.

NeedledWarheart said:
Linked to dissection for taking two riffs.

You stole my idea dude :D

Alright, they're related to
- Twisted Sister (We're Not Gonna Take It live cover)
- Klamydia (Latomeri cover)
- Ramones (Somebody cover)
- Impaled Nazarene (Alexi played there + wrote some songs; some inspiration for "Downfall" lyrics...)
- Skid Row (the line "We'll stand and we won't fall" is taken from "Youth Gone Wild", the song COB did backings for when Norther covered it.)
- To/Die/For (Allu solos on "In The Heat Of The Night" cover)
- Stratovarius ("Eagle Heart" played after solo battles)
- Nightwish ("Elvenpath" played before Downfall on Paris bootleg)
- Kotipelto (Janne played keys)
- Wizard and Cryharvoc because they were on splitted singles with them.

I'm too lazy to list all the abnds they toured with or in whose CD booklets they got greeted...

But if course they're related to Black Widow because they're a COB cover band! :D