CoB new album...

i agree with Humanure.....to an extent this place has become really uptight and the hi-light of posting here used to be that you could be so fuckin non-sensical and still have fun, for god sakes, people must remember phyres famous "At the Flames of Tranquillity in a Misty Children of Amarth" thread :D I do miss how cozy this place used to be but i dunno...perhaps it will change over the autumn

Yeah, and i miss being able to say whatever the hell i wish, even if it's a single smilie, without the fear someone will whine about how useless my posts are. I say fuck them all :p

Well I was thinking the same thing since the beginning... it's about the time I get a bit of support :p

"Here's an idea - if you don't like the thread , DON'T READ IT! "

"it`s also very sad if you can`t post anything inside here anymore because of the fear of starting a verbal fight. "

"Yeah, and i miss being able to say whatever the hell i wish, even if it's a single smilie, without the fear someone will whine about how useless my posts are"

"How about this: let the other people in the forum decide whether we want to participate in a thread...the good ones will stay and the shitty ones will find their way to the bottom of the page. "

"I agree with the idea that you should simply ignore the threads you don't like (I can't remember who wrote this). It's not doing any harm being on the board if you don't look at it, and if only the people who like it reply (from what I gather) it won't last too long either. "

Samarkol

Originally posted by Humanure
We can see if Darwin's theory applies to the DT board.

I just decided to start putting weaklings who advertice crap like CoB on ignore, much easier that way.

I agree mostly to everything else you said too, but unfortunately we can't count on the fact the stupid posts will go away, for some reason those same weaklings want to see their name in print a lot, so they will bounce the threads back up.

Oh well, I don't post so much here anymore anyways.

Originally posted by Siren
Yeah, and i miss being able to say whatever the hell i wish, even if it's a single smilie, without the fear someone will whine about how useless my posts are. I say fuck them all :p

well this is the basis of my posting method....all my posts are usesless, so everybody gets bored of replying to ALL my posts saying how usesless they are....it's a matter of patience and many dead braincells :p

as for Samarkol....well that was what this forum used to look like some months ago...then it changed and I left....
now I don't know, since I don't care what people can say to me, I will do whatever I feel like doing, respecting everybody...so I think that, even I don't know you, this time...I'm with you!

@phyre: yup, I also have a list of names that could say that ;)

fathervic (count down)

Being away for a long time,i was somehow "shocked" when i returned....the board has changed a lot (i didn't say for the better or to the worst :p ).....what saddens me a bit is that somehow everything that is not DT is automatically labelled as spamming....
but anyway i've been absent for so long and somehow i am not fully present/active,so who am i to judge the situation...i'm not here to fight....
and being a callous troll i will keep posting my useless thoughts...
:D

party.gif
beerchug.gif

¡¡¡¡to spamming!!!
cheers!!!

okey,i'm joking :D

~mel~ (se fasi manias :lol: )

Originally posted by FatherVic

well this is the basis of my posting method....all my posts are usesless, so everybody gets bored of replying to ALL my posts saying how usesless they are....it's a matter of patience and many dead braincells :p
*feels so moved from the support* Yay, i'll kill all their braincells now, thanks *sniff* :D

beerchug.gif
Let's spam!! :devil:

I still don't find this board that bad even with the occasional flamewars.

I also know for sure my posts are 99% useless... :lol:

@Humanure: Come back soon.

now that i'm back i'm gonna post on this thread because (a) it's interesting and (b) ppl mentioned me. ;)

i'm not gonna close or delete this.
for a start, i think deleting something is a punishment for those who posted on it, especially he/she who started the thread, and i don't really feel like punishing samarkol for anything.
i don't feel like punishing anyone for anything, actually, mainly because i didn't exactly see the walls of troy shake under the poundings of this so-called flamewar. even if i did, i'd still prefer to leave the things as they are now, because a lot of board members spoke their minds and said things they thought meaningful. apart from a couple of jokes and the occasional abrupt reply, i saw no dull sequence of "fuck you!" "no, fuck you!" posts.
and i'm not gonna close this thread either because i would find tyrannical to state my pov and then declare the discussion closed, just to practice my "final word" powers.

about this thread's topic.
i tend to agree with villain. completely off-topic threads about other bands' new releases, live etc. are often frowned upon here and maybe should be avoided or kept to a single thread about it (i think the "check out this band" one would work perfectly btw). i also agree with villain about the fact that silly, pointless, utterly stupid threads serve the purpose of amusing us and - unless they flood the whole board - are perfectly ok.
still, i think you've all been utterly insane to flame samarkol like that in the first place. :eek: :p
this is not the first thread of this kind i've seen here, and a few others - maybe posted by regulars who were more regulars? - have been accepted without flinching. pointing out to the guy that he should stop posting one new for every new band he digs is one thing, but behaving towards him as if he posted a picture of a 90-y-o lady having sex with mickey mouse while santa claus masturbates to videotapes of stanne's live performance is quite another.

about flamewars.
in my opinion ppl here should flame as much as they like it. i don't want to filter access to this board to the sane and educated only, because, for once, i should leave myself out first. ;)
it's ok to keep the place tidy and clean and avoid useless or redundant insults, but as long as the thing debated is whether or not a new thread is ok, well, i say let's keep debating.
this thread alone has given more meat to the board than many others with the same old damage done appreciations, and i only saw the tiniest attempt at something more profound, aka discussing the lyrics. if netiquette and rules are the only topic that realy gets us going, so be it: this shows how this forum is/behaves, just like many other things do.

and why does everybody seem to have a sore tooth of late?

@samarkol: i read and understand your reasons. is it too tight a bridle on your freedom of speech to ask you to just provide all the informations you feel like providing without writing them in great big letters on the first page? i'm sure most members will see them anyway.

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
but behaving towards him as if he posted a picture of a 90-y-o lady having sex with mickey mouse while santa claus masturbates to videotapes of stanne's live performance is quite another.

Strange, that is excatly how I see anything related to CoB as, it's just as offensive to me ;)

Not to take anything from your wonderful speech, Rahvin, but...

Originally posted by rahvin
...posted a picture of a 90-y-o lady having sex with mickey mouse while santa claus masturbates to videotapes of stanne's live performance is quite another...

Where the hell do you pull your examples from????? :)err: )

~Kovenant :)p)

so may be it's the time to talk about Sonata Arctica, wait for another example drew by Rahvin and wait for Niklas' performance...that could be a winner :loco:

fathervic (not santa, not mickey, thankfully enough not granny)