COBOT: the Album

COBOT : The Album Vol II

• If you want to participate post that you do, please make sure you are committed.
  • Compose one song that will go on to the album.
  • Record the song.
  • Remember to keep your status updated by posting what stage you are at.
  • A deadline will be set later on when we are close to finishing.
  • PM the song to me. Don't forget to name it.
  • Last of all thanks to everyone who is going to join in, I am hoping this will be epic!
  • Suggestions are welcome!

;)

Not quite finished composing yet, but just for the future; anyone know any good audio editing software? I got onto this computer and realized all it had was Goldwave, which is shit and doesn't have multi-tracking support. :lol:

I use Reaper, and I like it.
You can also try Cool Edit (Audition) or Cubase.

Not quite finished composing yet, but just for the future; anyone know any good audio editing software? I got onto this computer and realized all it had was Goldwave, which is shit and doesn't have multi-tracking support. :lol:

Audition will do fine, it's easy. If you're planning to go further into mixing in the future, I suggest you get one of the bigger things (cubase, protools, sonar, ableton live..). They are complicated but less limited.

inb4: ensi: OmgSonyVegasProFtw:p

Dave, take me off the list please. My guitarrist has hurt his hand and won't be able to play anything :(

Check the first post, some of us are open to help if anyone needs guitars/bass/whatever. It's in the first post, you may find it interesting.

Audition will do fine, it's easy. If you're planning to go further into mixing in the future, I suggest you get one of the bigger things (cubase, protools, sonar, ableton live..). They are complicated but less limited.

inb4: ensi: OmgSonyVegasProFtw:p

Hey, what's the real difference between Nuendo and Cubase?

Check the first post, some of us are open to help if anyone needs guitars/bass/whatever. It's in the first post, you may find it interesting.

Hey, what's the real difference between Nuendo and Cubase?

Not so much difference, and not really important to us too.

Nuendo can use an external synchronizer for video/tape machines.

Different appearance.

Has more channels than 5.1 (who needs that in music?)

It's more likely that you regret having bought Nuendo later. It costs twice and you won't use the extras.

If you are a pro-recording studio with a decent budget it might not matter and you might just go for Nuendo to be safe.

Don't forget the updates will always cost you more in the future with Nuendo on top of your intial outlay.

Cubase wins.

So me and Matt are pretty much done composing. Feel free to make our names blue. :V

Basically, all that's left, is for Matt to fine-tune the solo I've written, make it less gay. And small things might change here or there, but we're for the most part, done. :lol:

Is there anybody here that can render good-sounding drum and bass tracks, were I to send the MIDIs?

Edit: Hope it doesn't really matter that the tracks change tempo a few times? :V If it's a problem, I can send the GP5 file as well.

lol, Songsmith!! I had to say it...:loco: (Refer to 'Microsoft: the end of music')

hehe, I'd participate if I weren't afraid that I'd forget about it again :lol:

actually, count me in. I got a couple of ideas and need something to record/mix anyway :)