COBOT: the Album

I've also startet with my song and it sounds like a mix between some HCDR songs and Symphony X. And goddamn! It's full of tricky solos!

Sounds cool man :kickass:

I think we should have a Guitar Heroes type intro track, with everyone doing like a 4-8 bar solo, nothing longer, so the song doesn't last 10 minutes.. :D

That'd be sweet!

Well it could just consist of some basic chord progressions, a key change or two..

A key change in 4-8 bars? :lol: I'd say a chord or two in the same key and make a short passage to go nuts over and we're done. Maybe a cool intro (I'm in for Lowberg for that, I love his intro on this album) and that's it, what do you guys think?

Baahh why is every metal head liking these fucking opera voices:erk: i would even prefer the from us to sunset to this stuff

I'll give it a listen to! Can you sing Twisha?
here you go [youtube]v=PSUbLYEjN4s&feature=related[/youtube]. quality's not too good, but you get the idea.
but nah, I've never really tried to sing. I did a bit when I was younger. So with practice, I can do something like this song I posted, but I'm an alto so I may not be able to hit those high notes ^^

Baahh why is every metal head liking these fucking opera voices:erk: i would even prefer the from us to sunset to this stuff

I didn't like the vocals on the song that DHG posted :p

^If it was directed towards me no, not power metal vocals. More like thrash/Phil Anselmo kind of vocals, although you could argue about Phil as a power metal singer :lol:

Glamtera ftw

My drummer has "Power Metal" on vinyl, we played the song Power Metal at a battle of the bands once in high school it was so funny

Pantera-power_metal.jpg

heavy song too

Edit: Now that i think of it, this might be a good "cover" song for my band's EP or whatever. We were looking for a good 80s metal song to turn up the metalz on

Last edited by a moderator:
^If it was directed towards me no, not power metal vocals. More like thrash/Phil Anselmo kind of vocals, although you could argue about Phil as a power metal singer :lol:
Phil? Power metal? :p

He can hit falsettos, but he's about as un-power metal as you can get, I think. :lol:

I actually love Down. More than Pantera.

^That's what I said :lol: Read again my post :)

Glamtera ftw

My drummer has "Power Metal" on vinyl, we played the song Power Metal at a battle of the bands once in high school it was so funny

heavy song too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxwRq8AchlY

Edit: Now that i think of it, this might be a good "cover" song for my band's EP or whatever. We were looking for a good 80s metal song to turn up the metalz on

:lol: Early Pantera was hilarious, although they had some great songs too :kickass: