coffee makers

Are there any coffees that don't taste like coffee that don't cost $17 a cup? Or alternatively, pre-filled caffeine syringes?

I ended up getting hooked on coffee because I worked at a Coffee shop, got free coffe, and always showed up to work with 4 hours of sleep. I ended up loving coffee. I can bearly drink cheap coffee anymore.

4 hours of sleep is about normal for me. I generally wake up at 5:30 or about there. I decided to try coffee today and honestly it didn't make much of a difference in my awareness or whathaveyou, so I guess I don't really need to be drinking coffee as it is.

Necuratul said:
4 hours of sleep is about normal for me.

Dude, WTF? Is that per each 24 hour period? I'm surprised you're able to function normally keeping those kind of hours. If you really have no problem with it, then kudos to you and I'm big time envious, but from what I understand, if the human body doesn't average around 8 hours of sleep per night it severely curtails your ability to work at full capacity.

When I last worked at an office I was averaging around 6 hours of sleep per night during the week and by the weekend I was a wreck and usually ended up crashing about 10 hours on both Friday and Saturday nights, resulting in staying up all night Sunday and the cycle repeating itself ad naseum.

Necuratul said:
4 hours of sleep is about normal for me. I generally wake up at 5:30 or about there. I decided to try coffee today and honestly it didn't make much of a difference in my awareness or whathaveyou, so I guess I don't really need to be drinking coffee as it is.
Seriously, that rules. I can't do that at all. I need about 7-8 each night or else I can't focus towards the end of the night and I just end up refreshing RC every 10 seconds. That's odd about the coffee though, If I drink about a cup while studying, I am focuses much better.

hahaha awesome bump Jerry and :lol: @ erik

I ended up getting a Cuisinart. I waited for it to go on sale and then got it for around $80. 'twas originally $100 or so. There are more expensive ones and very cheap ones. I don't think it matters too much but my "expensive" one makes hotter coffee than the cheap one I used to have.

The key is to use quality coffee. If you get a nice brewer and make your coffee at home, it will all pay for itself in a few months. Your coffees are costing $4.50?! I bought a $4 bag of organic shitz and made at least 12 ozs. a day for a couple weeks before I ran out.

Dark One said:
Dude, WTF? Is that per each 24 hour period? I'm surprised you're able to function normally keeping those kind of hours. If you really have no problem with it, then kudos to you and I'm big time envious, but from what I understand, if the human body doesn't average around 8 hours of sleep per night it severely curtails your ability to work at full capacity.

When I last worked at an office I was averaging around 6 hours of sleep per night during the week and by the weekend I was a wreck and usually ended up crashing about 10 hours on both Friday and Saturday nights, resulting in staying up all night Sunday and the cycle repeating itself ad naseum.

Well I've been running on minimal sleep for a good period of time now, so I suppose my body's simply adjusted to it. Of course, this amount of sleep is mainly my fault fucking around all night and having an odd obsession about waking up early during school even when I have late classes, but that's neither here nor there.

of all the damn threads on RC ... why is THIS the one that after 5 pages is still on topic.

where is my pink banner?

KILL TULLY said:
FYI toughguys: Darker coffee = weaker/less caffeine then light coffee. Uh ohhh.

B.S Why do you always come up with some inaccurate fact to cover your insecurities? Accept reality at face value my son.

Fact - PBR Sucks Shit
Fact - Dark Coffee is a bigger kick to the nuts.

Seems to me the amount of caffeine diffused into the cup would depend on a host of factors including the type of bean (obviously), filter type and size, temperatute of the water, grind, etc. I don't how anyone can make a sweeping statement that darker coffees have less caffeine than lighter coffees. I don't even know what that means really.
Fwiw, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to caffeine and so I look forward to drinking as soon as I wake up, but I started out drinking it because I like to sip on a hot, tasty beverage*. I used to drink hot tea all the time but got tired of it.

*please do not change this to say "cock", thanks

'Less caffeine in a darker roast' has nothing to do with how the coffee is brewed, just how much caffeine is in the actual beans post-rost...ghost..host..most......

Sure if you brew it different different stuff happens, doesn't change the fact darker beans do in fact have less caffeine then lighter ones.