Coil

Lightning05

Feb 3, 2006
Got Watershed this morning at BestBuy. As soon as I got back in my car I put it in the cd player. When I heard the first track "Coil" I didn't think much of it and continued on with the album. The second time I heard this song I started tearing up. I immediately played it again and it had the same effect. Wow, what an emotional three minutes.

What were you drinking :p

Seriously,I think it is a quite emotional song.A good opener to this album.

That's an amazing song, I love when they do such good use of acoustic guitars.
I really hope there will be more guest vocalists in the future, Lorichs is a brilliant add to the song.

I think that Coil is one of the most awesome things that mike/opeth have ever done, such creative, new, original, cool.

Very pretty. I'm starting to get used to the female vocals too..

But ofcourse Mikes performance is better.

Honestly, I'd probably like Coil if it wasn't for Nathalie. I don't care for her voice. Actually, I think Coil overall is a very boring song. Definitely the weekest on the album. I wish Opeth would have got Anette from Nightwish to do Coil or maybe even Simone from Epica. I'd like to hear how either of them would have fit the song.

Very pretty. I'm starting to get used to the female vocals too..

But ofcourse Mikes performance is better.

Not really, they're different.

Honestly, I'd probably like Coil if it wasn't for Nathalie. I don't care for her voice. Actually, I think Coil overall is a very boring song. Definitely the weekest on the album. I wish Opeth would have got Anette from Nightwish to do Coil or maybe even Simone from Epica. I'd like to hear how either of them would have fit the song.

The singers you mentioned have nothing to do with the style that Mikael wanted. It's about folk music, it's obvious.

I think that Coil is one of the most awesome things that mike/opeth have ever done, such creative, new, original, cool.

I disagree. It was daring yes, and to me, they succeeded. But we are entitled to our own opinions and, well, it was a great song, but not one of the best things Opeth has done. Especially if you look in retrospect in their career.

You're mad

This song is ridiculous. I purposefully avoided all articles, reviews, etc. until I could listen to it for myself today. I was wondering if it may be another Damnation. It's a very intriguing way to open the album to make their soft song the opener. A breath of fresh air. Beautiful song.

What the fuck??

Yeah, using lame vocalists from terrible metal bands really would've improved this folk song.